DVC paid room cleaning during stay

Mike9865

Earning My Ears
We have our first trip in December and recently saw the news regarding eliminating paid room service during a stay. We were planning to get it every other day unfortunately. Do you think it's possible this service will return in the future? Has it ever been suspended in the past? Is it possible it's elimination is tied to the labor shortage?

We have our first trip in December and recently saw the news regarding eliminating paid room service during a stay. We were planning to get it every other day unfortunately. Do you think it's possible this service will return in the future? Has it ever been suspended in the past? Is it possible it's elimination is tied to the labor shortage?

it’s never been suspended before. I think it is due to the labor shortage. You can call for whatever you need at no charge - towels, soaps. I’m pretty sure they will bring sheets, you just have to change them. Just tip them when they deliver anything.

Labor and COVID are both reasons it has been suspended. Disney has gone to great lengths to provide physical separation and limited contact where possible.

When it will come back.... who can tell? We do not even know what updated mask guidance the CDC will release this week (although all guesses are that it will be more stringent that previous guidance). Disney will error on the side of safety. 6 months is a long time in today's world. 6 months ago we had just started mass distribution of a vaccine and the world was very different. 6 months from now, who can tell?

it’s never been suspended before. I think it is due to the labor shortage. You can call for whatever you need at no charge - towels, soaps. I’m pretty sure they will bring sheets, you just have to change them. Just tip them when they deliver anything.

Additional towel and trash service is not available according to their we site. They may do it as a courtesy but I wouldn’t count on it. It is unfortunate, but COVID is being used to test what service declines customers will tolerate. For example mainstream hotels (ie. Sheraton, Hilton - not roadside dumps) are eliminating daily housekeeping. Yes there is a labor shortage at the moment, but once these services are gone they will be gone for good. Even though the additional housekeeping was an add on at dvc - the price was very nominal and Disney was probably breaking even at best on it considering the extra staffing requirements.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/resort-reservations/housekeeping-request/

Additional towel and trash service is not available according to their we site. They may do it as a courtesy but I wouldn’t count on it. It is unfortunate, but COVID is being used to test what service declines customers will tolerate. For example mainstream hotels (ie. Sheraton, Hilton - not roadside dumps) are eliminating daily housekeeping. Yes there is a labor shortage at the moment, but once these services are gone they will be gone for good. Even though the additional housekeeping was an add on at dvc - the price was very nominal and Disney was probably breaking even at best on it considering the extra staffing requirements.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/resort-reservations/housekeeping-request/

You can call for towels, they will deliver. They don’t come in and hang them for you, so it’s not “trash and towel service”,

You can call for towels, they will deliver. They don’t come in and hang them for you, so it’s not “trash and towel service”,

This. They will certainly bring you more if you ask. They *may* charge you for it depending on how much you request (if it's an extra towel pack, there is a nominal charge for that). They will bring you extras of pretty much any of the consumables (again, charging is at their discretion if you ask for quantity).

This. They will certainly bring you more if you ask. They *may* charge you for it depending on how much you request (if it's an extra towel pack, there is a nominal charge for that). They will bring you extras of pretty much any of the consumables (again, charging is at their discretion if you ask for quantity).

There’s no longer a charge, see the screen shot above.

I just did a 10 day stay at Boardwalk in a 1 bedroom. They only cleaned once because housekeeping was very disorganized (and the one time they did they actually took our blankets and towels and forgot to replace them), but every time I called for new towels or laundry detergent they brought them at no extra charge.

Can you request a change of linens? I know you would have to change them yourself. Is there a charge? If you see a housekeeping cart can you take what you need? We do this at moderate and value resorts.

Can you request a change of linens? I know you would have to change them yourself. Is there a charge? If you see a housekeeping cart can you take what you need? We do this at moderate and value resorts.

I don’t believe you are supposed to remove things from housekeeping carts at any hotel you stay at. They have given us extra sheets before at BLT when one of my kids spilled a drink all over the bed, but we had to change them ourselves.I don’t think they are obligated to, and if you are asking for new sheets on a daily basis they may refuse.

Are you in a studio or a larger unit? We just washed towels ourselves in the 1 bedroom. Also grab a couple from the pool to help supplement if you have girls with long hair like we do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter