DVC Point Charts for 2011 - Post chart release discussion begins on Pg 14

I always did think the ABD points were laughable & outrageous. We don't even own enough points to send 1 person! :rotfl:

I didn't think the point increases were that much; percentage wise it's no more of an increase than it was last year. We have enough points to do AbD but it's not a good value for points usage and we paid cash for our tour. In a few years, we probably wouldn't have enough points either.

This was something I researched before buying DVC and I knew upfront that the uses outside of DVC would increase in cost/point requirement each year. It's a shame that the DVC sales staff does not elaborate on this when talking to potential buyers.

I didn't think the point increases were that much; percentage wise it's no more of an increase than it was last year. We have enough points to do AbD but it's not a good value for points usage and we paid cash for our tour. In a few years, we probably wouldn't have enough points either.

This was something I researched before buying DVC and I knew upfront that the uses outside of DVC would increase in cost/point requirement each year. It's a shame that the DVC sales staff does not elaborate on this when talking to potential buyers.

For the Cities of Knights and Lights, it went from 566 per adult to 620 for a trip in early June. For two people, 108 more points seems like a very large increase.

For the Cities of Knights and Lights, it went from 566 per adult to 620 for a trip in early June. For two people, 108 more points seems like a very large increase.

Just wondering, what is the cash price for that? Seems like alot of points.

Well, for us it is particularly heartbreaking because we added onto our membership twice in anticipation of going on ABD at least once every 4 years. 2011 was going to be our first time, and then we wanted to do something really exotic, something we would have never imagined doing, in 2015.

I know we can rent our points and pay cash, but that comes with its own set of risks. Someone we rent to can damage the place at our expense, and on top of that, we probably have to pay income tax on the rental money we receive. We were trying to avoid hassles like these.
Now you realize why some of us post warnings about non guaranteed options when the issue arrives. Expect the same with all cash type options going forward.

Just wondering, what is the cash price for that? Seems like alot of points.

All dates are now the same price, $4339 per adult. We have given up on the Knights and Lights now. We just booked the Alaskan 7-day cruise. For 2 adults, inside cabin, it was 170 per adult.

I was just reviewing my DVC package for purchasing 300 points at BLT. In the package was the 2011 points chart. When I looked up April vacation for 2011 it seemed like the points were much higher so I went back to 2010 and saw what the issue was. For 2010 the April vacation timeframe was part of the Magic season while the 2011 had the same dates in the premier season. This has screwed me up as I got the 300 points based on what I needed for April vacation.

Do theynalways adjust the dates to make sure school vacation week falls in premier or is it just the way it fell this year. If someone could respond quickly I would appreciate it as I want to finalize my documents within the next day or so.

Premier Season at the WDW resorts always includes the weeks before and after Easter and the week from Christmas thru New Years. The Easter times are always based on when Easter falls each year and will change each year.

In addition, there was a point chart reallocation for 2010 and again for 2011 - two of the three such instances since DVC began in 1991.

It always seems the best laid out plans get blown up. Im sure everyone will figure out a new plan. I'll have to buy the 24 points from Disney to make up the difference in my plans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter