DVC recommendations for DL trip.

WillGan

Local to Hawai'i & Loyal to Aulani
Aloha Dis Boards ‘Ohana! Our family is planning a visit to Disneyland in May (early) and I know we’re within the 7 month window of booking a stay at either of the DVC properties. There are just 2 correct? Grand California and Disneyland Resort? If I may ask, which location would the readers recommend as we’d be making this trek with a 5 and 2 year old. Mahalo to all!

There is only one-Villas at Grand Californian. They are very hard to get at 7 months-I believe that there are only 46 total units there.

Aloha Dis Boards ‘Ohana! Our family is planning a visit to Disneyland in May (early) and I know we’re within the 7 month window of booking a stay at either of the DVC properties. There are just 2 correct? Grand California and Disneyland Resort? If I may ask, which location would the readers recommend as we’d be making this trek with a 5 and 2 year old. Mahalo to all!
The Villas at Disneyland Resort don't open until some time in 2023 unfortunately, and as PP said - Grand Californian is a really tough get at 7 months. You might find one or two nights available mid-week though, so if you're interested in a split stay, you might be able to snag those, and pay cash, or convert to reservation points for the rest.

Just an option to consider: rent out your DVC points for this year, and use the cash to book one of the "off-site" hotels at Disneyland instead. They're much more affordable than on-property ones, and in some cases they're actually close to the park entrance (very different from WDW) :)

The Villas at Disneyland Resort don't open until some time in 2023 unfortunately, and as PP said - Grand Californian is a really tough get at 7 months. You might find one or two nights available mid-week though, so if you're interested in a split stay, you might be able to snag those, and pay cash, or convert to reservation points for the rest.

Just an option to consider: rent out your DVC points for this year, and use the cash to book one of the "off-site" hotels at Disneyland instead. They're much more affordable than on-property ones, and in some cases they're actually close to the park entrance (very different from WDW) :)
Thank you so much for your input!

Is there any off site hotels that you’d recommend? Thanks so much!

I've not stayed there myself, however I've seen travel blogs/vlogs covering many of the hotels within walking distance. I'd start with a YouTube search along the lines of "Disneyland vlog offsite stay" to help you choose.

Hey @WillGan! Just popped back because I saw this today, and thought it might help you. This vlogger mainly covers WDW now, but she still does a couple of Disneyland vlogs each season. Here's a neighbourhood hotel review from her recent trip to California:

You can use your DVC points for hotel rooms at all three DLR resorts. Whether or not that is a good use of points from a value perspective is up to the traveler.

Just saw this and assume you already booked a hotel - but a few options VERY close are Best Western (2 locations), Park Vue, and if it is open Candy Cane Inn. There are others (use Google Maps to zoom in at the entrance on Harbor). Lots of hotels are just a short and cheap Uber ride where you get dropped off closer than the Disney hotels or shuttles ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter