DVC Resort Supplies

Golfjbc89

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a full list of all the supplies that come with a DVC? Is there anything I need to restock on my own (paper towels, toilet paper, dish washer soap, etc)?

For context I'm staying in a 1bed at VGF and renting DVC points, so this is my first time using DVC.

Anything else to know in advance is appreciated!

For the most part, if you ask, they will restock. We always bring our own laundry detergent, I believe extra boxes are a small charge and we just prefer to use ours. There are spare toilet paper rolls and I believe towels already in the room. The dish soap they give you is small but more than enough for 2-3 loads.

Bring some laundry pods and dryer sheets. There is a new roll of PT, a sponge, dish soap and toilet paper, though you should check the cabinet to make sure there is enough!

I bring my own bar soap for the shower. DIL brings a bottle of handsoap for the bathroom. It depends on how fussy you are!

We bring coffee and filters.

Enjoy your trip!

I usually bring some laundry pods ………and a pizza cutter (if we either order or buy frozen pizza; that utensil has never been included for some reason and knives and forks are a poor substitute for that job although we’ve made do on occasion).
Some folks bring their own soap and/or shampoo products, but we’re fine with what they have on hand.

Thank you everyone who has answered, super helpful! I'll add some tide & diswasher pods to my packing list but sounds like the rest they should have covered!

Dishwasher powered soap packages are in the kitchen. You might get 2 or 3. If you do dishes daily you should bring a few pods. Sorry, I forgot all about those! Enjoy your trip!

Depending on how long you're staying, you might bring your own roll of TP. Or maybe DH and I are super-sensitive. On our stays of over a week, we laugh when we get home about how our butts were starting to complain. But I must admit that it seemed to me that the TP at VGF wasn't as bad as at some other DVCs the one time I stayed there.

Housekeeping has always brought more dishwasher detergent, dish hand wash detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, and tissues upon request.

We usually bring our own coffee to have what we like, but anything else they restock. And if you need something that isn't restocked when you need it, we just politely ask the Mousekeeping Cast Member in the hallway with the cart and they always happily resupply use with whatever we need.
I forget... are there coffee bean grinders in the rooms with full kitchens? It's been a while, and I have an old list that doesn't show one.

If you plan on doing any cooking, we bring a halfway good knife. I don't like to bring my good knives incase I forget them there. Just something to cut veggies, etc. They have "sharp knives, but usually they hardly cut butter.

If you plan on doing any cooking, we bring a halfway good knife. I don't like to bring my good knives incase I forget them there. Just something to cut veggies, etc. They have "sharp knives, but usually they hardly cut butter.
Another one of the reasons we love our Owners Locker - we have an inexpensive set of kitchen knives in there. And believe it or not, some timeshares in Orlando have worse knives than DVC!

Another one of the reasons we love our Owners Locker - we have an inexpensive set of kitchen knives in there. And believe it or not, some timeshares in Orlando have worse knives than DVC!
I've thought about the owner's locker idea, but I don't think I go often enough to justify it. I really dislike dull knives.

Does anyone know if the front desk would have a knife sharpener (grinder) to either let guests, or even allow them, to sharpen knives?

Does anyone know if the front desk would have a knife sharpener (grinder) to either let guests, or even allow them, to sharpen knives?
The provided knives are really flimsy, too. If you want knives with any heft, bring some.

And a cutting board. The first 1br we stayed in, the board was one of those hideous glass ones.

I doubt that there's a knife sharpener available. You could call Housekeeping and ask. I'd buy/bring one of those smallish Chef's Choice double-notch manual ones or one designed for sharpening pocket knives.

I have a real kitchen knife and cutting board in my owner's locker, if I plan to do any actual cooking. The ones in the villas are sad. But I wouldn't check a bag at MCO unless I had to. I might even buy a kitchen knife and cutting board with my Walmart order if you plan to do any serious cooking.

I also have a Mickey waffle maker, which works well :)

The key is to look at what you will need ThE NEXT DAY.
You just need to give HK time to get them to you.
HK will bring you most anything that is available.

There is really not a standard list of items. Guest move items between rooms or HK may items from rooms that are empty.

The key is to look at what you will need ThE NEXT DAY.
You just need to give HK time to get them to you.
HK will bring you most anything that is available.

There is really not a standard list of items. Guest move items between rooms or HK may items from rooms that are empty.
Which is why it's simpler to bring your own or travel to your resort by rental or towncar which allows for a stopoff on the way.

As ridiculous an excuse for knives as the provided ones are, I'd pack and check a bag of kitchen gadgets/equipment if doing much food prep.

But then, I'm super-picky about good knives which is why when DH got me Henckels, I stashed my old Chicago Cutlery set for going-to-Disney. The CCs are a far sight better than what's in the kitchens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter