DVC Screensaver

Basser

WDW would make a great retirement community.
Is anyone else having trouble getting the screensaver to work? I download the DVC member screensaver and when I try to run it I get a not valid message. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I don't have an answer to your problem, but I was wondering where you found a DVC screensaver ?Thanks!

I got it from the DVC members only site. They had a quiz and if you answered all 5 questions correctly you got the screen saver.

How long ago was the quiz? I must have missed it!

MDM
DVC Member Boardwalk Feb. 2000

It was on the site at the end of the week. I see that it's not there today.

The quiz has returned. I completed it and downloaded. The screen saver still does not work.

I also noticed that they took off the message board link.

:(

I just did the quiz and got the Screen Saver...Seems to work. I did notice that there are 2 links to D/L one is Mac and other is PC...Make sure you click the right one. Also you do have to run the file after you D/L it.

Hope this helps.

Got the quiz, 5 for 5 OK, third try Also pumped up..... and it tells me not a WIN 32 application.... any ideas what thius means and how to fix if possible?

MDM
DVC Member Feb. 2000

Is it possible that you downloaded the Mac version instead of the PC version? What is the name and size of the file that you downloaded?

My file name is DVC_Member.exe with a size of 2,122KB or 2,172,106 bytes.

I just took the quiz and got 5 for 5 (psst...it took me, like, 10 tries!). There are two tiny links to download the screensaver, one for Mac and one for Windows. Make sure you pick the one on the right. It works fine with Win2k and I'm sure it works with 98, as that's still the most popular. It doesn't handle a dual monitor setup, however...it only runs in one screen.

The .exe file is probably a self-expanding compressed file that automatically installs the .scr into your windows directory.

If anyone wants it without taking the test (chicken!), send me a private message.

Just installed it on a Win98 laptop and it works fine. Also noticed there's sound too.

DVC is using a CGI script to send the file to your computer. Some computers will incorrectly save the file. If you downloaded file is not named DVC_member.exe (on a PC) or DVC_member.bin (on a MAC) then it will not work. try renaming the file. For you PC users, just right click on the file and select rename. Type in DVC_member.exe and then click on the file. This will open the Display control panel. you will then need to select DVC_member from the list of screensavers. It should now work.:wave: :p: :cool: :smooth:

Love the screensaver! Took me a few tries to get the questions right tho! Had no trouble downloading it and it works great. :wave:

Got mine, on the second try, it works just great!!! I am running Win98 and Dee is running WinME and it works on his as well.

Mine don't run neither. I've got the PC version, but......Oh well. What do you want for free.

Problem...I have it downloaded and when I go to update in my settings it won't go! I can get it to preview, but when I hit apply and OK it won't kick on after 2minutes! What could be wrong? I have no problem getting any other screensaver to work!! Any ideas?

Got the screensaver, download no problem (Windows ME), it's up and running................the screensaver is cute but that repititious song is getting annoying................MUTE.

I just tried to take the member challenge. I got an error message - the page won't load!! :confused: :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter