DVC Ticket Offer

Just got off the phone with them, they have not been released for them to sell yet....

I did the chat feature and found out some more info, surprise, surprise....

Thanks Mark for verifying your information for me. Really appreciate it. Right now, the sale of promotional tickets has been delayed due to a technical error. We apologize for this delay. I encourage you to check back with our office for updates. Once tickets go on sale, have a Purchaser on the account contact Member Services by telephone to order.

I did the chat feature and found out some more info, surprise, surprise....

Thanks Mark for verifying your information for me. Really appreciate it. Right now, the sale of promotional tickets has been delayed due to a technical error. We apologize for this delay. I encourage you to check back with our office for updates. Once tickets go on sale, have a Purchaser on the account contact Member Services by telephone to order.
Can't say I'm surprised. LOL!

I was on hold for over 3 hours Tuesday...
Called member services at 9 and was the first call the CM I talked to had for the day...30 minutes for the CM and a supervisor and tech support to figure out that something was wrong with DVC Member services ability to sell the special promotional tickets today.
Was told to call ticketing (which they shouldn’t have told me b/c they can’t help...3.5 hours on hold with ticketing (80 minutes for first CM to pick up) eventually escalated my call (without me asking or her actually telling me that was what she was doing) and then almost 2 hours waiting on hold for them to pick up the line again
Only to be told that there was nothing they could do. I could tell that the second CM is usually able to fix things...his team doesn’t actually sell anything, just researches and fixes...and seemed genuinely sorry he wasn’t able to help.

To say I was frustrated would be an understatement.

but we’re going for a week in April and can only afford a 4 day ticket...so guess what I’ll be doing again Wednesday morning 🤦‍♀️

I wish my time was more valuable to Disney.

Member Ticket Offer Update
Due to technical difficulties, the promotional Member Ticket offer is currently unavailable. We're working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and will notify Members as soon as the offer is available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The above message is currently posted under "notifications" on the DVC site. You may want to check for this to go away before wasting time on a call again.

I'm trying to understand so correct me if I am wrong, BUT, is it 'buy 4 day ticket get a 6 one for the same price' type deal? If so, then is that really much savings when the ticket prices are basically 'front-loaded' meaning you pay dramatically less per day the longer the ticket package is anyhow?

I'm trying to understand so correct me if I am wrong, BUT, is it 'buy 4 day ticket get a 6 one for the same price' type deal? If so, then is that really much savings when the ticket prices are basically 'front-loaded' meaning you pay dramatically less per day the longer the ticket package is anyhow?
It isn't a significant savings, but definitely something. For my dates, the DVC promo saves about $59 per ticket (if you compare a 6 day PH sold by Disney to the DVC promo price). I haven't priced out the savings for a regular ticket but I would imagine it is similar. Seems like the resellers are offering comparable savings, and that is normally what we would do. Despite reading that you can switch the dates of tickets purchased from a reseller using MDE, I'm still a little nervous about it. I'm guessing Disney is trying to capitalize on that sentiment (ie. "buy with confidence! you can change your trip if needed"). Tickets are a huge chunk of change in uncertain times.

It isn't a significant savings, but definitely something. For my dates, the DVC promo saves about $59 per ticket (if you compare a 6 day PH sold by Disney to the DVC promo price). I haven't priced out the savings for a regular ticket but I would imagine it is similar. Seems like the resellers are offering comparable savings, and that is normally what we would do. Despite reading that you can switch the dates of tickets purchased from a reseller using MDE, I'm still a little nervous about it. I'm guessing Disney is trying to capitalize on that sentiment (ie. "buy with confidence! you can change your trip if needed"). Tickets are a huge chunk of change in uncertain times.

I agree and again, it may not be anything to write home about, it is a savings to allow DVC members to get a savings going with Disney vs, someone else,

I can say that I currently have some tickets purchased elsewhere and we can not modify or change them via MDE, and ticketing can not change over the phone.

We want to add park hopping to one of them for next week’s trip and will have to do once we get there.

Just saw a post elsewhere that someone got the ticket through MS. It was coded wrong I guess

Just saw a post elsewhere that someone got the ticket through MS. It was coded wrong I guess
Definitely staying tuned for updates from others. I debated calling today but wanted to see whether it was working, and whether there is any flexibility on longer tickets. I would really prefer 7 days (vs 6).

Called member services this morning at 9am and without too long a wait was able to speak with a CM and buy the promo day tickets.
I did buy the 4 day with 2 bonus days BUT was offered a 5/7 or 6/8 option. Since I only purchased the 4/6 option I can’t guarantee the others would go through but the Cm did offer that they were available!!

hope the extra info helps someone else!!

I picked up my three passes for my kids for June. Me and the Wife have AP’s that we’ve never used. I gotta say, park hopper seems to offer absolutely no value in our current environment. What a way to milk folks but I guess it’s the name of the game so to speak.

I can say that I currently have some tickets purchased elsewhere and we can not modify or change them via MDE, and ticketing can not change over the phone.
I must have missed this. Are you saying that if you buy from a 3rd party, you can't do anything even calling ticketing over the phone? You have to just show up at guest services in person before you can change dates, make park reservations, etc.?? That's crazy.

Deleted a reference to a business not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if you can change a 4 day ticket into the 4 day + 2 or do you have to purchase new tickets? Of course I purchased the 4 day a day before the promotion was announced....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter