DVC Won! See PG 3.

A mergin we will go.. A mergin we will go.. high ho the dairy oh.. :)

Done. Thanks for the heads up Mari!

Knox

According to her post she was told exactly how she won. A computer spit out the coordinates and her postcard apparently meet the requirements. It does seem strange but I don't see how any foul play could be involved. I say "good for her", I would give my right arm for that prize!! I was actually considering buying a DVC but according to her post the prize value was $88,000, I don't have that kind of money.

It doesn't really cost $88,000. You can buy 220 pts resale at SSR for about $18,000. The annual dues do get pricey ($900 or so each year) but since you pay that annually and not all at once, it's not so bad.

Of course I don't have $18k laying around, but I can dream as well! ;)

We looked into the DVC and it is very pricey. I think just to purchase the DVC it was about $20,000 and like a previous poster wrote, there is a monthly free which I believe is around $100.00. Plus, you do need to purchase your park tickets (which I believe you get at a discount being a DVC member) and either the dining plan or food on top of that. So if you add the $20,000.00 to purchase the timeshare, plus $60,000 in monthly fees for the next 50 years that would be $70,000 and don't forget to add in park tickets and food.

I definately don't have that kind of money laying around. Boy oh boy I wish I did though. Or if I win it in Septemeber I would be happy too. LOL

Years ago I won a contest prize. I was so excited about it and went to claim my prize. I was surprised when a "friend" came with it. (it was not an object, but something to be used, don't want to say what)

Later I called this person and said thanks and how lucky I was to win the sweepstakes. He replied that it wasn't luck and they had "picked" me because they knew me and I was a good customer.

I felt so badly after this that I ended up letting it expire.

I am so happy for this family!! (and I'm so glad she posted here...that is really cool).

We purchased 200 points in DVC nearly 5 years ago and it has been one of the best investments (not to mention money saver ever) for our trips to Disney.

I know that family is going to enjoy their DVC almost as much as we do!! :)

I too am a DVC member and don't have the money lying around. Purchase 150 SSR pts and had it financed. So instead of wasting $130 a month gym membership that DH and I never used, we diverted the money to buying a DVC interest. Best thing we ever did. Now for the next 50 years our hotel accomodations on property are at a 70% discount and we are staying in places I never dreamed for 10 days at a time. 2 trips now one at Boardwalk and one at Animal Kingdom Villas. The price we paid is so worth the memories we have made so far!

DVC is not for everyone. But it sure has made a difference for us and my love for family and Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter