• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Entry IOA

gnozuk

Earning My Ears
Since only IOA is open for early entry for both days that we are there, does this plan make sense?

Day 1 early entry to IOA stay there till close
Day 2 early entry again to IOA to hit the favourite rides then take the train to US rest of day?

Do you have park to park tickets? That would be the only way to ride Hogwarts Express as well as start in one park and go to the other park in the same day.

When we were there in May only IOA was open for EE. We started there and migrated back and forth between IOA and the Studios during the day based on wait times, what we wanted to do and for us we actually found we really liked The Today Cafe located near the front of the Studios so we had afternoon coffee, a dessert one night and lunch one of the days there. We did Bourne Stuntacular twice (two different days).

Otherwise your plan is fine but if you've got park to park tickets don't be afraid to look at the Universal App and see how the rides times are shaping up and show times are :)

It's also not a long walk between the two parks if you're going from the front of IOA to the front of the Studios. They are next to each other and you'll just walk on part of CityWalk along the side that has Toothsome, etc.

In our experience too Hagrids often was down during EE and early part of the morning so I personally if y'all are going for VelociCoaster at some point just head there first.

I now this is going against the grain but ... one of the days I would go the the Studios side instead, for a couple reasons. One is that if you get there 30 minutes or so before their scheduled open, there will be few people in line (as most are drawn over to the park with EE), and you can often get right up to the gates. Then, they usually open 10-15 minutes before the posted time, giving you a big head start on the crowds. And if Diagon Alley is the priority hightail it there and it'll be basically empty.

The second reason is the huge draw for most people with EE at IOA is Hagrid's. But consistently lately it seems it has had trouble being open at that time, and many are advising planning to queue up either at lunch or near close. So keep that in mind for IOA EE, and if indeed Hagrid's is your number one plan on veering off to VC (which never has anywhere as long a line).

BTW - I assume you're staying on site, but do you have Express?

I now this is going against the grain but ... one of the days I would go the the Studios side instead, for a couple reasons. One is that if you get there 30 minutes or so before their scheduled open, there will be few people in line (as most are drawn over to the park with EE), and you can often get right up to the gates. Then, they usually open 10-15 minutes before the posted time, giving you a big head start on the crowds. And if Diagon Alley is the priority hightail it there and it'll be basically empty.

The second reason is the huge draw for most people with EE at IOA is Hagrid's. But consistently lately it seems it has had trouble being open at that time, and many are advising planning to queue up either at lunch or near close. So keep that in mind for IOA EE, and if indeed Hagrid's is your number one plan on veering off to VC (which never has anywhere as long a line).

BTW - I assume you're staying on site, but do you have Express?
Yes, knowing if OP has Express or not is a key point.

With Express, I would do EE at IOA both days and focus on the 2 rides that don't have Express lines: Hagrid's and Velocicoaster. Once you've had your fill of those, move on to the rest of IOA or hop to Studios and use your Express.

If you don't have Express, you might think about EE at IOA on one day, then rope drop Studios the other - depending on what your must-rides are.

Yes, knowing if OP has Express or not is a key point.

With Express, I would do EE at IOA both days and focus on the 2 rides that don't have Express lines: Hagrid's and Velocicoaster. Once you've had your fill of those, move on to the rest of IOA or hop to Studios and use your Express.

If you don't have Express, you might think about EE at IOA on one day, then rope drop Studios the other - depending on what your must-rides are.
To us it didn't matter EP or not we just wanted to get into the parks early. We had 3 park days but only 2 with EP and still did EE at IOA all 3 days. It helped my husband get on VelociCoaster and Harry Potter was much less congested.

But I do agree a plan will depend on what anyone is particularly looking to accomplish. My husband really wanted and loved VelociCoaster so that became important. That said it was still nice to just be in the parks before they officially opened. We saw the mass of people held at Suess Landing. But I bet Studios didn't have near that amount of people just due to it not having new rides like IOA has with Hagrids and VelociCoaster so there is that.

I had express and park to park. Ended up doing IoA then switching but the idea of Diagon Alley empty would’ve been very nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter