Early Entry - Matterhorn or Peter Pan first?

chrisnjilly

Planning is not vital – it is more important than
A question for the strategists. The 2 rides we most want to do on our early entry morning are The Matterhorn and Peter Pan but which should we head for first in order to make best use of our time? :hourglass

Your opinions and suggestions would be very welcome.

I am thinking Peter Pan. But then as soon as you ride it head to Matterhorn. Peter Pan can have a line within 10 minutes of park opening whereas Matterhorn seems to take a little longer to fill up.

I would say Peter Pan as well, then if you have any interest in Dumbo - hit that as well. Matterhorn is a faster loading ride and takes longer to get a long line - you should be able to ride PP and Dumbo in about 10-15 minutes, then go straight to Matterhorn! Fun!

Can I ask how you know when early entry will be? We are going in June and staying at Paradise Pier.

Generally one of my standards is to enter the park at opening and do Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Alice in Wonderland and the Matterhorn in that order. Don't stop to eat, use the restroom or anything. In general you can do these fairly fast and the line at the Matterhorn will not be long as everyone is rushing to Splash Mountain, Indy and whne opened again, Space Mountain. The line for the Matterhorn moves fast any time of the day but with the above schedule you will have to wait 10 minutes or less.

I have to go with the crowd on this one. Ever since the other roller coaster type rides opened, the line at Matterhorn just doesn’t get as bad as in the old days (Don’t ask how old ;-)
Peter Pan, Alice in wonderland, and Mr. Toads Wild ride are you best early bets.

PO 3/00
Dineyland -times beyond counting.
DCA - Preview Day,

We're not interested as much in the kids rides, so what would everyone say between Matterhorn, Indy, and Pooh? Are all these included in the Early Entry?

I would do Indy, the Matterhorn and then do Pooh when ever you want as it doesn't ever seem to get crowded like the one at WDW.
Or you could get a fastpass for Indy, go do the Matterhorn and then Pooh and go back to Indy.

Matterhorn is included in Early Entry - I'm pretty sure that Indy (Adventureland) and Pooh (Critter Country) are not included (I have the attractions in another thread I posted)....

So, in your case, poohj80, I would say Matterhorn. However, I'd like to know what you are expecting when you ride Pooh, since you aren't into the kids rides. :)

I still recommend Peter Pan first. For a dark ride, that is really well done, and the line is always soooo long. I rarely go on it anymore because of the long line.

Thanks! I just assumed Pooh would be as crowded as WDW so it's nice to be wrong. ;)

Mary Jo said:
So, in your case, poohj80, I would say Matterhorn. However, I'd like to know what you are expecting when you ride Pooh, since you aren't into the kids rides. :)
I'm expecting Pooh of course! :Pinkbounc

Pooh is not as crowded or in most cases is never crowded. I must say the Pooh ride at WDW/MK is done much better, it actually follows a story. The best thing about the ride at DL is the visitors from the CBJ :)

sters said:
Who is entitled to early entry??
Anyone who prepurchases a 3-day or greater park hopper should also be entitled to ONE DAY early entry. This is not available for those who purchase at the gate. It must be done through the disneyland website, travel agent, ticket broker or AAA.

I think another reason the Pooh ride at DL isn't as crowded as the WDW version is its location. That is a ride designed for little ones and since it is an uphill walk into critter country and there are only two other rides near there, SM and BTMRR, parents are not as likely to go multiple times. At WDW its right there in Fantasyland. Both times we have been to WDW we haven't even ridden Pooh, the line is endless and we don't want to use up a fastpass. I always chuckle thinking that at that moment the one in Disneyland is probably a 5 minute wait.

Amy&Dan said:
I think another reason the Pooh ride at DL isn't as crowded as the WDW version is its location. That is a ride designed for little ones and since it is an uphill walk into critter country and there are only two other rides near there, SM and BTMRR.
Location is one thing. And there really is only one other ride Splash, Big Thunder is on the other side of the River. My guess is that they were thinking that the little ones could go on Pooh while the "big kids" could go on Splash. But the line for Splash is always so long the littles ones would have to ride Pooh 10 times and that is if the big kids got Fast Passes.

Too funny disneychrista! I did have to ride Pooh about 5 times with my little nieces back in December while my brother and sil rode Splash. They didn't even make us get off two of the times. I love that ride but was about to go crazy because we had also ridden it several times earlier that day. I finally bribed them with cookies from Pooh Corner just to take a break. Can't believe I said BTMRR was right there, that is in WDW not DL. Dumb me.

Thank you to all of you for so many useful replies. Our DSs are past the Dumbo thing - or maybe we should say they are at the stage they think they are "too old" for that sort of ride :rolleyes: so we will follow the consensus and go Pan, Toad, Alice then Matterhorn.

Thanks again for your suggestions :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter