Early Feb?

TerriBelle

DIS Veteran
Anyone recently been in early Feb.

Our schools are off 2/10 and they have 2 half days 2/8 & 2/9 so we are considering taking the week off and heading down! We have visited over President's day and it was pretty crowded. I was wondering if a lot of other school's were off in early Feb? I called about rooms yesterday and they had BCV, BWV pref. and BWV standard available.

Thanks for any info!

Early February is not a busy time for either the parks or DVC.

Best wishes -

We were at BCV the week of February 6 this year, and it seemed more crowded than usual. In fact, the Magic Kingdom was the busiest I'd ever experienced (but I'm never there in the summer or during holiday season). Turns out, there was Super Bowl spillover since it was held in nearby Jacksonville, and there were lots of folks from New Orleans escaping the Mardi Gras hoopla. So before we booked this year, I checked on both events. The Super Bowl is in Detroit and Ash Wednesday is later on. We have a reservation at VWL beginning February 5.

Go for it!

We were @ MGM 2/17 (Thursday before President's Day) when the gates opened. The park started to fill up around 11:00 and was packed by late afternoon. The Stitch character meet & greet filled up almost immediately (we missed it :sad1: ).

MK on 2/18 (early entry) we were able to zip thru in the a.m., park got crowded around 12:30 p.m. Fast passes for Stitch's ride were for the late afternoon/early evening @ this point. Still was crowded when we returned @ 3:00 p.m.

Disney Quest on 2/19 was uncomfortably crowded, not sure if they limit the number of guests actually admitted to the building (i.e. fire code?) if not, they should.

In comparision, on 2/21 President's Day, Epcot (early entry); was enjoyable - crowded but workable. It actually lulled me into thinking the MK would be fun that afternoon. What a big mistake...park @ near gridlock :crazy2: .

FYI, Universal was great earlier in the week 2/13 thru 2/16. Even the "regular" were walk on early in the day. Good Luck.

We went the week before Pres Day in 2003. Didn't have to use FP's until that Thursday.

The only two times we have went have been in early Feb, in 2003 and again this year. In 2003 we went from 2/4 to 2/11 and this year we stayed from 2/6 to 2/17. Towards the end of this years stay crowds were starting to pick up a bit but other than that it was dreamy. I think we had one day at AK that seemed more crowded than in 2003, but still the lines were under 20 minutes. The only day that was bad was the Saturday which we decided to spend at MK, but even that wasn't too bad, I don't think I waited more than 1/2 an hour for anything the whole trip. Both trips we took ended right before Presidents Day weekend, I think the week after is pretty busy. One CM I talked to said that the week before Presidents day week is like the calm before the storm, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter