Easiest way to get to SSR spa?

Danauk

<font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio
My friend and I have spa treatments booked on Christmas day at SSR and we were debating the easiest way to get there from the BCV. We do have a rental car but as it is Christmas day we expect traffic to be busy plus we don't know exactly how to get there! So we were trying to decide if we should drive to the spa or catch the bus to DTD and walk across. Also where abouts is the spa located in the SSR complex? Also if we did decide to walk from DTD approximately how long would this take?
Thanks in advance.

I would drive because personally, I think walking back to DD and catching a bus would just be too much hassle after such a nice, relaxing event.

Of course, we are always at OKW, so the drive is never challenging! I'm sorry I can't say where it is in relation to the path from DD - it must be somewhat close?! It's right by the big pool. Does that help?

SueOKW said:
I would drive because personally, I think walking back to DD and catching a bus would just be too much hassle after such a nice, relaxing event.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

From BCV, take a right out of the parking lot and drive to Buena Vista. Take a left there and stay in the left lane. Turn left on Bonnet Creek Parkway (don't go right into Bonet Creek Resort which is somewhere along there). Now get in the right hand lane and follow the signs for OKW which will entail making a right at Vacation Club (Parkway?). You will quickly pass the entrance to OKW on your right. You'll drive past some of the golf course and soon SSR will be on your right. The guard will give you directions to the Spa if you ask but it is well marked. You wind around a bit to get to parking.

One other thing worth checking. A few years back, taxi vouchers were provided to guests of SSR Spa just as they are to golfers. I used this myself and it was great. Some people have posted that was just during construction and others that the service is still provided. If that appeals to you, it is worth a call to the Spa. I know the service is still provided for golfers.

Have a nice relaxing day at the Spa. :cloud9:

Thanks so much, I'll check out the taxi voucher thing other wise we will probably drive. I guess I am a little nervous about driving an automatic on the 'wrong' side of the road (I'm English so we drive stick shifts on the other side of the road!!) Usually our husbands do the driving when we are in another country! But now I have directions I'm sure we will be OK.

you go the right car - automatic... there's no way I could drive a stick on the wrong side of car and road!!!

now secondly - do what i do when i drive in England. Follow the car in front of you.... it works!

maybe you should drive from the airport to get into the swing of things!

Danauk, I hope the vouchers are still available for you. After getting so relaxed, it would be a shame to have to get back in vigilant gear to drive on the right hand side.

Just wanted to clarify when I said to get in the lefthand lane on Buena Vista, I didn't mean to go into the first lefthand TURN lane you come upon. You go past one or two of those short turn lanes before you get to Bonnet Creek.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter