ECV Storage (backpack or other?)

h&D3

Mouseketeer
Due to my bum knee, I'm renting an ECV from Gold Mobility for our upcoming trip.
I made a reservation for a 4-wheel model, but may switch it to a 3-wheel before we arrive. I went with the 4-wheel one just for the stability factor. I'm just shy of the 6'2" height limit that they recommend for the 4-wheel model.
Anyway, my question is... I know there is a basket on the front, and I did not get one for the back as I understand that they just become "to big" with that attached.
For those of you who have use these in the parks, will a backpack fit in the basket in front? I was thinking of getting a regular backpack and somehow attaching it to the back of the seat. My husband needs to store his insulin in something, so we figured a backpack might be a good choice with some freezer or gel packs to keep the insulin at a constant temperature. Plus anything like ponchos, water bottles, etc. would go in the backpack. I'm just worried that if I just hang in on there, that someone might want to help themselves to the backpack, so I would need to figure out a way to lock it to the ECV.
Is the basket in front big enough for a backpack, or is there a way to secure something like a backpack to the seat?

DAK.png

For those of you who have use these in the parks, will a backpack fit in the basket in front?
Yes. The front basket is fairly large and you shouldn’t have a problem positioning a backpack so it fits. Might need the top of the backpack to stick out but not really in danger of falling out. We fit quite a bit of stuff in the front.
Is the basket in front big enough for a backpack, or is there a way to secure something like a backpack to the seat?
We’ve also used the shoulder straps of a back pack around the ECV chair and it stayed secure. That was by using the buckle strap between the shoulder straps. With a backpack like below, it secures nicely to the back of an ECV seat.

IMG_0775.jpeg
The back basket is huge. We used to put a cooler with drinks for the whole family back there lol. But it is a pain trying to fit in elevators and it needs to be removed on buses, etc. Nowadays we skip it.

My mom usually puts the backpack between her legs on the floor of the ECV. She is short, but we have the seat moved way up for her, but it fits with no issues. We usually grab it to take on rides with us.

Bring a bungee cord with you. Great for attaching a backpack and makes the backpack a little harder to walk off with.

Bring a bungee cord with you. Great for attaching a backpack and makes the backpack a little harder to walk off with.
I'm embarrassed to have to ask, but can you explain a little how you use a bungee cord to help secure a backpack? I've tried to just hang a backpack on the seat back, the kid of backpack that just has shoulder straps, but the straps slip off. I bought a bunch of bungee cords, but now I can't figure out how to use them.

We have put the bungee cord from the top loop of the backpack and hooked it on tiller or the basket . We have also run the cord across the seat from backstrap to backstrap of the backpack. Gee, that is not much better of an explanation is it?

Fwiw- My father is a sturdy 6’4” and never had a stability issue on his ECV, rented from Gold last month. He is not over the 350 weight recommendation. He’s had to use a 4 wheel one a couple times other places and way prefers the 3 wheel for its maneuvering capabilities.

Just a heads up about storage on the scooter. The new buses require the rear of the seat to be free of any and all items stored on it. Also it is the guests responsibility to remove any baskets that are on the scooters. Please be aware that you will need to know how to remove the basket. Some driver might help but also might not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter