ECV Storage

MK032197

Mouseketeer
I travel to WDW several times a year. I rent a scooter for each visit but do not need one at home. I was considering if it would be more cost effective to purchase a portable scooter but I do not want to deal with taking it on the plane. Does anyone know of any options where could I store it in Florida close to WDW? Also suggestions on portable scooters that are easy to assemble and disassemble?

I believe if you purchase one from Buena Vista Scooters they offer a storage option like this. DH takes his on a plane all the time though, the final straw for him was waiting 2 hours for wheelchair assistance at the Orlando Airport after landing. Taking the scooter with him makes it much easier.

As for portable scooters, there are now plenty of food folding options, I know a popular one one here is TravelScoot, no first hand experience though

I travel to WDW several times a year. I rent a scooter for each visit but do not need one at home. I was considering if it would be more cost effective to purchase a portable scooter but I do not want to deal with taking it on the plane. Does anyone know of any options where could I store it in Florida close to WDW? Also suggestions on portable scooters that are easy to assemble and disassemble?

You could check with Owner’s Locker (I think that’s the correct name?) in Orlando. I know they have a service for folks who visit WDW often, and want to store things locally. I believe it has to fit in one of their giant bins, and they will bring the bin out to you and then pick it up when you are ready to go home again. Since some scooters do break down, that might work. Also, they may have scooter storage - never hurts to ask!

Short of that, you could Uber back and forth to a local storage unit?

My friend @Evita_W is talking about me - I own a TravelScoot, (actually I have more than one) and they are super lightweight, and hold up well to travel of all kinds. They are a little spendy, but I have put thousands (yes) of miles on my “main” TravelScoot and he is still going strong. We have changed the tires, and had to swap out a brake assembly, but they have lots of YouTubes showing how to do your own maintenance. You can learn more about them at their website: TravelScoot USA

I just want to remind you of one thing. If your own personal scooter breaks down in the park, you are depending on the kindness of strangers to help. But if your rental scooter breaks down, get on the phone, call the company, and hey'll bring you a new one to continue your vacation. That's why, even though I own a Go-Go Elite Traveler scooter, I always rent at WDW. I'm not chancing having my vacation ruined by being scooter-less.

I just want to remind you of one thing. If your own personal scooter breaks down in the park, you are depending on the kindness of strangers to help. But if your rental scooter breaks down, get on the phone, call the company, and hey'll bring you a new one to continue your vacation. That's why, even though I own a Go-Go Elite Traveler scooter, I always rent at WDW. I'm not chancing having my vacation ruined by being scooter-less.
DH and I know Gold Mobility can do repairs on our models as they rent them and they will do what they can to assist. But be sure to ask the scooter rental company what happens if you break down, many can't enter the theme parks and you still have to get to the front. But you make a valid point that you need to know what your options are and plan accordingly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter