• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

edited (fun) photo of the day

TheGoofster

Old Foggie
Unfortunately not all of us have the best cameras, and even fewer of us are great photographers (although there are some incredible photographers on these boards), so sometimes, in order to get a special picture, we need to do some tweeking to it. I thought it might be fun to have a place to show what you can do with a picture, to make it come out looking a lot better. So what I want to do is post two photos in every post (if possible). First of all, show the photo in it's original state, and secondly, show the photo after you've fixed it up, or changed it all around. I hope this catches on, because some of the best shots I've seen were shots that were doctored up a bit.
Anway, I'll start with a shot of the castle:

first shot (pretty boring):
castle03.jpg

fixed up shot (a lot more unique):
castle03-1.jpg

BTW, I made the changes on a program called Photo Explosion SE.

Anyone else?

Here's another example:

photo 1 - regular shot of a bird at EPCOT:
bird02.jpg

photo 2 - spiced up shot of same bird:
bird02a.jpg

Anybody else have any edited shots?

just wanted to chime in and say what a fantastic idea for a thread. I bought my dslr last year. now for the software....:rolleyes1 maybe for my birthday:woohoo: Fantastic photos!!!

Sometimes, all that it takes to change a picture for the better is a frame, and perhaps a little background. For example:

photo 1 - not too exciting:
boat01.jpg

photo 2 - quite a bit better:
boat101.jpg

I posted this one on the POTD thread, but I thought I'd put it here too.

The Original picture
DSC_0159.jpg

The "edited" picture
DSC_0159a.jpg

Here's another fun way to edit your pictures to make them more enjoyable - collages:

photo 1 and 2:
barnstorm01.jpg

barnstorm02.jpg

photo 1 and 2 as a collage:
barnstormer.jpg

Plus, adding descriptions or captions can help too.

What photo software do you use?

Actually, I'm using 2 different programs:
Photo Explosion SE for all my editing
and
Print Artist Gold 21 for my collages.

The funny thing is that I got both of them (and a scrapbooking program) in a 3-in-1 package at a yardsale for .50 cents. :thumbsup2

Here's one that I put together last night. I'm using two average photos, a background, and some special lettering to make a really neat photo.

photo's 1 and 2:

waltmickey02.jpg

castle03.jpg

and here's the new picture:

mouse02.jpg

Before:

DSC00539800.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half-way:

DSC00539800HDR.jpg

After:

DSC00539800OrtonHardLight.jpg

I use Photo Explosion too, among others like Picassa. Great Idea and nice shots. I love the HM shot Joe. You inspire me:) May I ask what you use? I'll post after I get to my other computer:goodvibes

°O°Joe;22750271 said:
Before:

DSC00539800.jpg

Half-way:

DSC00539800HDR.jpg

After:

DSC00539800OrtonHardLight.jpg

What program did you use to create this masterpiece?

The funny thing is that I got both of them (and a scrapbooking program) in a 3-in-1 package at a yardsale for .50
:woohoo: what a find!!!! i really like what you did with your photos..and OJOE that pic of the HM is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter