Embroidery Questions

bengalbelle

Geaux Tigers!
I see a few of you have embroidery machines. I would really love to have my own equipment to embroider. I'm not interested in doing this as a money making venture or anything, it would be solely for my enjoyment and to monogram/embroider things for my children.

I know several people who do this, but they have extremely expensive set-ups, like Janome's and the digital software. Is there a more reasonable way to get started with this, if you're willing to put in more time and labor? Are there any good resources for me to begin to research? I will be looking for classes in my area, but I wanted to do some research before that.

My first machine was the Disney Brother machine the one Walmart sells. I paid a little over $400 for it, and it sews too. The limitation of this machine is that the hoop is only a 4x4, limiting you to smallish designs. I invested another $200 in a card writer, enabling me to download designs (free) from internet sites and write them to a card that goes in the machine. I've had that machine for ~2 years, recently invested $900 in a BabyLock Ellure, it's the same embroidery format, but a 5x7 hoop size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter