Emerald Aisle logistics with children

MouseGirl

DIS Veteran
We will be using the Emerald Aisle for the first time at Orlando airport next month, and I was hoping someone with experience could answer a quick question for me. We will have our two daughters (ages 5 and 7) with us when we arrive. Would it be faster for us all to walk over to get the car (I'm not sure how far is it from the terminal and baggage claim area), or would it be better to have my husband pick up the vehicle and drive back to get us? Many thanks in advance for your help!

We have 2 DD's 2 and 5 years old. We just all walked over together.

We run down and get our luggage and rent one of those luggage carts. We had a stroller for the girls. It's down on the elevator and then right across the street. Not bad at all.

It's fun for us all to decide which car we will be using all week!

It is right across the street. We like to all pick the car out. My DD always hopes for a red sports car. Its tricky trying to get 4 adults in one of those. plus luggage.

(I know your children are mostly old enough to do without, but just for everyone's information...)

The past couple of years we have taken a late flight to MCO, and when we got to EA there were very few cars left, mostly only premium cars and SUV's, and almost all of them Chevys.
Last fall we had to switch vehicles twice after we discovered that a carseat would not tightly secure in the car we chose.

My carseat has a warning in the instructions that recommends against using it with a seatbelt that is mounted forward of the bight. (The "bight" is the seam where the seat cushion meets the backrest cushion, BTW.) In cars where the seatbelt stem rises out of a slot in the seat cushion itself, it may not be possible to adequately secure a carseat. They are not kidding; it's darned near impossible with our E.Bauer highback booster. We ended up with a Chevy Blazer, and the fit was still not very good, but at least the belt rose at the proper angle to restrain the seat. Thanks to this problem it took us two hours to get out of the garage.

The moral of the story is that getting a much larger car than you anticipated may not be such a lucky break if you have to install a carseat. Most domestic premium/luxury cars have those forward-mounted seat belts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter