"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

Hey Rob those little puddle jumper planes are what I consider the first thrill ride of the trip! I don't mind for the most part but it sure makes drink service hard sometimes.

Loved that weather forecast. :thumbsup2 Summer temps in December without the humidity and afternoon thunderstorms.

The excitement of arriving AND getting to see Disney's ME! I'm with kitty!! :)

Glad to hear you arrived without incident! I swear MCO must be the happiest airport in the world. I'm in a great mood about half the time I'm there. ;)

Despite my letters, calls, and pleas to the “Scientist People”, they still haven’t come up with a safe mode of teleportation. :teleport:
In fact, I’m pretty sure they just let my calls go to voicemail now.
So, I was still forced to use to the outdated and ancient transportation option known as “airplanes”.

Couldn't agree more, I love taking off and landing but could definitely do without the check in, security lines, hours in the air, waiting to transfer, etc, etc, etc. Airports are a necessary evil.

There is just something so beautiful and special about the MCO airport terminal.
Yup, it’s just an airport, but for me, this is the moment that it all becomes real and I’m really “home”.... For Christmas.

05.jpg

I think my trip broke me... this pic just flooded me with good memories, I may have even shed a tear, and I just want to go back. This was when it felt "real" to me as well, until then it was all planning and talk but once I was in the MCO airport it hit me that I was really in Orlando and actually going to WDW.

Can't wait to read and see more.

Merry Christmas, Rob! I just watched your Oh Holy Night video and still have teary eyes. My ultimate goal for 2014 is to play my guitar half as beautifully as that (though I'll never come close on the singing... one talent I just don't have!) :goodvibes

I too have been put on the Scientists' "No-Answer" list re: teleportation. It's only gotten worse since watching Star Trek. Every other gadget that they use on that show has already been invented. (You know, besides the ships.) Now for the transporters!
I can sympathize with the connecting flights being a pain. ::yes::
I love the chairs painted by the kids! I guess the kids were probably told to paint them for the airport, so they ALL thought of arrivals and no one thought of departures, the result being that some of the chairs had to be spread out and some of the departures chairs say Welcome. Well, that's my theory.

Although, we are admittedly a simple people. Hey, at least were nice!!

^^ This. Also so true. :goodvibes

Glad your journey was smooth and you got there on time and safe! I always get SO excited to be in MCO, the whole place just smells like the beginning of something awesome. And yes, the DME counter is pretty exciting too!

Yeah, the actual report started!

Oh, and it might just be because I just woke up and am not fully functional yet, but I am still giggling at the "No bueno (vistoa)" :rotfl:

I think, at least for us northerners, one of the reasons the MCO airport seems like more than an airport is the palm trees inside the airport ... like I am sure you didn't see any in Newark ... lovely metropolis that it is.

Oh, and I tend to get a lot of small planes for work travel, so yours seemed fiarly normal sized to me. Once had a 12 seat TOTAL place from New York to Toronto ... there was no flight attendant - the co-pilot just turned around and addressed us as "Lady and Gentlemen" (there was literally one woman on the flight) and gave us the safety spiel ... now that was a small plane

Can't wait for more!

I've also tried to get in touch with the Scientist people, in my case about a money tree that grows $100 bills so I can put that money toward more Disney trips. This is 2013, you'd think we'd be there at this point. Oh well, 2014 is just around the corner!!

I think you made the right choice. A four hour layover would have been agony on the way to Disney.

That chair is beautiful!

I LOVED that tree in MCO and I don't think I ever got a picture, so I'm glad to see yours!

Great start Rob!! I am looking forward to your reunion with Stacey, Pop, and all things WDW.

You know, it's almost 2014. If we can take pictures with a pair of glasses, we should be able to teleport. I'm just sayin'...

Whew, that sounds like a tiny plane. Glad it wasn't a terribly long flight.

And I agree, having a car at Disney is nice. I don't think I could ever rely strictly on the buses.

Hey DISers... Rob's TR has started!!! Clutch the pearls :faint:

Awww you are way too kind. :goodvibes

Love your TR! Can't wait to read more. Looking forward to our family trip this summer! :happytv:

THANK YOU SO MUCH and welcome! You should be looking forward to your trip and I hope it's a great one!

Yay for travel days! I travel much like you do in the sense of early flights, earlier in MCO! I do really enjoy the direct flights, but they are usually more expensive than I like to pay, and hard to find! Lol.

THAT IS A TINY PLANE I DO NOT LIKE!

Awe man, I totally get that, the excitement of arriving "home" only happens in that airport, it's where I belong and it all feels just perfect. First time ever seeing the DME place?! THAT is bizarre I tell ya! Seriously. Lol. Glad you got a look at it though!

SUPER EXCITED TO READ MORE!!

TOTALLY Katt!!! I love early flights and for you it's even more necessary since you lose time flying to Florida. I just wasn't doing the 4 hour layover. The good thing from here is when we do have direct flights, they're often actually CHEAPER. Probably because during those times the cheaper airlines (like Transat and Sunwing) offer flights. Sadly it's usually only in the Spring.

OMG IT WAS small. On the good side, I had my own row, lol.

YES YES YES!! You'll have to make special trips to see it since, you know, you'll be living there soon!
And first time seeing the DME desk ever. Honestly, it shocks me too!! I've just never used the service. But when I found out I was landing in "B", the decision was made.

YAY!!! It does get better, lol, starting with the first full day ;)

Hey Rob those little puddle jumper planes are what I consider the first thrill ride of the trip! I don't mind for the most part but it sure makes drink service hard sometimes.

Loved that weather forecast. :thumbsup2 Summer temps in December without the humidity and afternoon thunderstorms.

The excitement of arriving AND getting to see Disney's ME! I'm with kitty!! :)

Haha, now that's a good point Brenda. In all honesty it was a really smooth flight. I've been on them before, so it wasn't anything new to me. Pretty much all the connecting flights to a US city are small planes from here.

OMG RIGHT??!! Yes, I can definitely see you being happy with that forecast as well, lol! There will be NO weather related complaints from me this trip.

Bahahaha "kitty". OK THAT made me :lmao: But it's just the BEST feeling to land at that airport. Plus I always feel like I never left.

Glad to hear you arrived without incident! I swear MCO must be the happiest airport in the world. I'm in a great mood about half the time I'm there. ;)

Thanks Shannon! Yup, a pretty smooth transport for sure. OMG I so agree. It's just the best airport in the world. :rotfl2: YES I get that point completely. :thumbsup2

Couldn't agree more, I love taking off and landing but could definitely do without the check in, security lines, hours in the air, waiting to transfer, etc, etc, etc. Airports are a necessary evil.

I think my trip broke me... this pic just flooded me with good memories, I may have even shed a tear, and I just want to go back. This was when it felt "real" to me as well, until then it was all planning and talk but once I was in the MCO airport it hit me that I was really in Orlando and actually going to WDW.

Can't wait to read and see more.

Exactly. If only there was a quicker way.

Awww that is so sweet to read and really sums up my feelings as well. I swear this airport is more familar to me than my own airport. There is a feeling that exists here. Believe me, the tears are there for me too. It really is the best feeling in the world knowing all the magic is still to come. But don't worry, we'll get through this together. :)

Merry Christmas, Rob! I just watched your Oh Holy Night video and still have teary eyes. My ultimate goal for 2014 is to play my guitar half as beautifully as that (though I'll never come close on the singing... one talent I just don't have!) :goodvibes

I too have been put on the Scientists' "No-Answer" list re: teleportation. It's only gotten worse since watching Star Trek. Every other gadget that they use on that show has already been invented. (You know, besides the ships.) Now for the transporters!
I can sympathize with the connecting flights being a pain. ::yes::
I love the chairs painted by the kids! I guess the kids were probably told to paint them for the airport, so they ALL thought of arrivals and no one thought of departures, the result being that some of the chairs had to be spread out and some of the departures chairs say Welcome. Well, that's my theory.

^^ This. Also so true. :goodvibes

Glad your journey was smooth and you got there on time and safe! I always get SO excited to be in MCO, the whole place just smells like the beginning of something awesome. And yes, the DME counter is pretty exciting too!

Merry Christmas to you as well Wendy. And to Johnny too of course. Aww gee THANK YOU!! :blush:

Haha, yes Star Trek really gives a sense of false hope doesn't it. Bring on "Beam Me Up!!"

Yes, you absolutely CAN sympathize. But I think it just shows your dedication to getting there.

That's probably it. Obviously the kids had nothing to do with the location and they just wanted to welcome everyone to Halifax. Which is beyond adorable. They really are beautiful.

Hehe... RIGHT??!!

It really was a smooth journey. No complaints (other than a stupid transfer BUS, but that's pretty minor). Isn't MCO awesome? And just the fact that they HAVE a DME counter and all that Disney stuff. It's really heavenly. Plus it allowed me to at least get in SOMETHING Disney for the first update. :rolleyes1

Yeah, the actual report started!

Oh, and it might just be because I just woke up and am not fully functional yet, but I am still giggling at the "No bueno (vistoa)" :rotfl:

I think, at least for us northerners, one of the reasons the MCO airport seems like more than an airport is the palm trees inside the airport ... like I am sure you didn't see any in Newark ... lovely metropolis that it is.

Oh, and I tend to get a lot of small planes for work travel, so yours seemed fiarly normal sized to me. Once had a 12 seat TOTAL place from New York to Toronto ... there was no flight attendant - the co-pilot just turned around and addressed us as "Lady and Gentlemen" (there was literally one woman on the flight) and gave us the safety spiel ... now that was a small plane

Can't wait for more!

Haha, FINALLY!! I figured I'd wait until after Christmas to start talking about a Christmas trip. Makes sense... right?

Ahhh THANK YOU!! My first Disney reference of the TR! I had to get in something early in the first update, subtle though it was.

You know, you're right. There were no palm trees in Newark. Of course there IS one in my apartment. :thumbsup2 But you're absolutely correct. The palm trees are fabulous. LOVE THEM!!

WOW that IS a small plane. YIKES!! But pretty comical too. It's true, the plane wasn't that small, just small in relation to the jumbos from Newark to MCO.

I've also tried to get in touch with the Scientist people, in my case about a money tree that grows $100 bills so I can put that money toward more Disney trips. This is 2013, you'd think we'd be there at this point. Oh well, 2014 is just around the corner!!

I think you made the right choice. A four hour layover would have been agony on the way to Disney.

That chair is beautiful!

I LOVED that tree in MCO and I don't think I ever got a picture, so I'm glad to see yours!

Great start Rob!! I am looking forward to your reunion with Stacey, Pop, and all things WDW.

Keep on that Courtney. I mean, money is made from paper and paper from trees, so they MUST be close.

OMG I agree. It wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't alone, but it's pretty boring otherwise. PLUS, Newark Liberty doesn't have free wi-fi which is ridiculous in 2013.

Isn't it precious? I just thought it was so cute and deserved a shout out.

It was so pretty and a wonderful reminder of what was yet to come.

Thanks Courtney. Coming up next update (with a minor glitch in the procedings... dum dum DUMMMMM).

You know, it's almost 2014. If we can take pictures with a pair of glasses, we should be able to teleport. I'm just sayin'...

Whew, that sounds like a tiny plane. Glad it wasn't a terribly long flight.

And I agree, having a car at Disney is nice. I don't think I could ever rely strictly on the buses.

Exactly! I don't understand why this is not a priority. People need to get to WDW quicker.

It was pretty small, but thankfully a smooth run. Actually it was very smooth.

Totally. A lot of people don't get that. I enjoy the buses (and did use them on occasion), but the freedom a car brings just can't be denied.

Yay you're that much closer!!!

SO CLOSE!! I can't wait to get the actual Disney part started. Thankfully, that's up next.

Wow, ancient airplane travel huh? That stinks.

Ugh, I absolutely hate connections, I'm totally with you there. The layover time is key. It can't be too long, otherwise it's unbearable! I'm actually a fan of late arrivals, because I like to start my first day fresh and early. :thumbsup2

I wouldn't call you guys simple people. But you are most definitely nice! :lmao:

Puddle jumper! I've never been on one, but my Dad jokes about them all the time and tells me I don't want to be on one. :rotfl2:

Giant slingshot, nice theory!

Listen....you were in Newark....that explains the bus. :laughing: Hahaha.

Wait.....

Hold up....

You've never seen the ME desk?! :scared1:

You think your travel is ancient?? Our travel involves a thing called a car which we sit in for about 9 hours until I see the glorious Disney signs!!

Our upcoming trip involves a mini-van with 2 Grandmas along for the ride. My DH has promised me a Disney Date Night while we are there...I will definitely need it!

I have flown on the puddle jumpers and I honestly don't mind them as long as I am on the single row :)

I agree with renting a car, even if we did fly down there I would want to rent a car as well. I like having the option, especially with kids it's good to have the option to leave when you want!

Looking forward to the next update!

Wow, ancient airplane travel huh? That stinks.

Ugh, I absolutely hate connections, I'm totally with you there. The layover time is key. It can't be too long, otherwise it's unbearable! I'm actually a fan of late arrivals, because I like to start my first day fresh and early. :thumbsup2

I wouldn't call you guys simple people. But you are most definitely nice! :lmao:

Puddle jumper! I've never been on one, but my Dad jokes about them all the time and tells me I don't want to be on one. :rotfl2:

Giant slingshot, nice theory!

Listen....you were in Newark....that explains the bus. :laughing: Hahaha.

Wait.....

Hold up....

You've never seen the ME desk?! :scared1:

Haha yes it does

Oh me too. I can generally live with them, but my biggest gripe is the extra variables it adds to a trip. You have to consider the weather in an extra place, the extra potential for delays, etc. And I am not really good at long layovers, ESPECIALLY in an airport with no Wi-Fi. That's interesting that you like late arrivals. But I get your reasoning, which is exactly how this one was for me. Fresh and REALLY early start on the first full day.

Haha, THANKS!

Honestly they're not that bad. But I'll tell you when you first walk on it REALLY looks tiny as the aisle is very narrow. Though I was on one years ago from Boston back home (after a Disney trip of course) that you would have LOVED. There were so few people on the plane that they gave me an endless supply of BEER!! For FREE!!! It was awesome. Lets just say it was good I wasn't driving after we landed.

Ha, I thought it was one possibility!

Well now that is a good point. :rotfl2: I've connected in Newark before so it wasn't a surprise but I still find it strange considering you're still considered in a secure area. It just doesn't seem very secure to me.

I KNOW!!!!! In all these years I've NEVER seen it. In fact I've never been on that side of the terminal before. I always seem to land in "A". I made it an absolute point to stop by this time. I figured it was only right considering how many people get lost trying to find it, lol.

You think your travel is ancient?? Our travel involves a thing called a car which we sit in for about 9 hours until I see the glorious Disney signs!!

Our upcoming trip involves a mini-van with 2 Grandmas along for the ride. My DH has promised me a Disney Date Night while we are there...I will definitely need it!

I have flown on the puddle jumpers and I honestly don't mind them as long as I am on the single row :)

I agree with renting a car, even if we did fly down there I would want to rent a car as well. I like having the option, especially with kids it's good to have the option to leave when you want!

Looking forward to the next update!

I have actually done the drive to Disney before, but when I was a kid. That was a 3-4 day journey but I do remember it being kind of fun. 9 hours is a long trip though for sure.

Haha, yes, I would expect some alone time will be more than necessary by the end of that trek.

Gotta agree with you there. I did indeed make sure I had the single row and it was quite pleasant to not be crowded. I honestly wouldn't have minded that flight the whole way there because of that.

I'm so glad some of you understand my need for a car. It really is just nice to have the option even if you don't always use it. It really did help me out this trip, AND provided an unplanned special privilege which is yet to come.

Yay it starts!, I wuv travel day, so much to look forward to.

Me too!!! Except for the travel part, lol. But it's the best feeling knowing that everything is still in front of you. It's only just begun.

I love travel day!! :)) so exciting!

We have only flown in one time ( Sept 12- when we took my mom)... MCO is one beautiful sight! And even the buses sitting there waiting to whisk you off.... Ahhhh.... Love it!

Love the chairs.
I have been on propeller planes that size. Scary!
Nice shot of Metlife Stadium.
We just rented a car this past trip for the first time and will always get one now just to have it.
Great update and pics.

Great travel day!! Despite being a somewhat nervous flyer, I actually do enjoy the puddle-jumpers --- I feel like the view you get keeps me occupied!

Side note --- NS is on our shortlist of places to visit someday soon!!

Sweet! You're trip is underway! :thumbsup2

Not a big fan of those small planes especially when I have to board them from the tarmac like it's 1965! :lmao: That happens quite a bit at our two major airports here in DC.

Love Dollar Express and being able to just walk straight to my assigned car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter