Engagement Announcement ideas

disneygal922

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! :flower3: DF and I got engaged in WDW in April and are having a Spring 2010 wedding there. I'd like to make my own announcements but for some reason am having a hard time getting ideas. This is weird for me b/c I ALWAYS have ideas when it comes to scrapping and stamping and whatnot. :confused3 Does anybody have any suggestions? TIA! :flower3:

How much info are you looking to put in. Just an announcement or is it more of a save the date card? Is you wedding going to be a princess type wedding? I saw on one of the Disney wedding shows that Major Domo makes proclamations, and tries the glass slipper on all the maidens. You could do something along the lines of a Royal Proclamation.

That's a cute idea! We are doing more of a mickey/minnie theme, but i'm thinking it could turn into an all disney couples theme (i.e. mickey/minnie, donald/daisy, belle/beast, cinderella/prince C, etc). Because we can't afford to invite everyone to the actual wedding in disney we are having a casual at-home reception when we get back. i'm thinking these announcements will be just to let people know we are engaged, save the dates and invites to follow.... something like that! Thanks!

oh Thank you so much! I love this line "Minnie: And he'll sweep me off my feet. And I'll know he's the one, when he makes me laugh." I'm definitely going to use a Disney quote! Thank you so much!:worship:

Yup, I read alot of the planning journals and trip reports. everyone is very nice on these boards!! :thumbsup2

I need to read up too. My kids are obsessed with Disney so I know there is at least 1 Disney wedding in our future. LOL

DH and I wold love to get married again at Disney (didn't have a real wedding, just JoP) but after 15 years and 4 kids it seems kind of silly now.

I'm glad everyone is being helpful and friendly. We have a great group of folks here. I can't wait to hear how the announcements turn out.
I did google Disney Wedding invitations and there are some gorgeous Minnie and Mickey ones.

We are doing a Disney wedding in April 2010. we are hoping for April 19th but can not book until a year in advance... which is why i am actually sending out announcements. We want our guests to be able to save up for a vacation! We will probably invite 65ish people to Disney and the rest to an at-home reception!:goodvibes

Cool! Our anniversary is the 24th.
Only 1 year in advance to book a Disney wedding? That seems short to me, but then again I threw my wedding together in a week, so what do I know! LOL
Dh was getting Naval orders the Hawaii from CT so we didn't have a lot of choice and I swear everyone in CT was getting married that weekend, every church was booked.

I love watching the Disney wedding planning on TV. There are so many things to choose from.

what channel are the disney wedding specials on... i've never seen one? i thought one year was short too! i figured we were waiting 2 years and i'd be able to book it but alas, i can't yet!

mmm food network... food network challenge and ace of cakes are my favorites! i've never seen the wedding one though, only disney favorites and princess cakes... and another one where they made sorcerer mickey out of rice crispy treats! it was awesome! i'm definitely going to check out the travel channel and the link you gave me... i'm at work right now so a lot of websites don't work on this computer, fortunately the DISBoards do!:thumbsup2

They had a Pixar challenge this week. Awesome cakes! I think it's on again later this week or next too. It's on tomorrow at 3 and Sun at 5. EST.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter