England and France - no Junior Adventure night?

I remember reading this in your trip report and thought that was so cute and probably what I would have wanted as the lone kid on a trip. I love that everyone was so game to join them.
Sorry, I mis-spoke, it was the *Adventure Guides*, James & Tomomi, that she asked to join them for dinner. Although the rest of us would *happily* have joined them, also, if asked! She and her father were sweet and adorable and just a joy to be around!

Sayhello

Sorry, I mis-spoke, it was the *Adventure Guides*, James & Tomomi, that she asked to join them for dinner. Although the rest of us would *happily* have joined them, also, if asked! She and her father were sweet and adorable and just a joy to be around!

Sayhello
Oh, I would have also enjoyed that at 15! Regardless, I love that the Adventure Guides are so fluid with the Junior Adventurers. They were awesome with the boy on our trip (I think he was 12) and he really just wanted to be part of the group most of the time. We also had Kira in Norway, who is apparently an ABD legend. We adored her, and our Norwegian guide Oline.

Oh, I would have also enjoyed that at 15! Regardless, I love that the Adventure Guides are so fluid with the Junior Adventurers. They were awesome with the boy on our trip (I think he was 12) and he really just wanted to be part of the group most of the time. We also had Kira in Norway, who is apparently an ABD legend. We adored her, and our Norwegian guide Oline.
Kira was one of the Guides on my New Zealand ABD, and she was wonderful! She is going to be one of the Guides on this Summer's one and only Arctic Expedition cruise!

Sayhello

Kira was one of the Guides on my New Zealand ABD, and she was wonderful! She is going to be one of the Guides on this Summer's one and only Arctic Expedition cruise!

Sayhello
She's on it now! She's been posting pictures on her Instagram.

On our England and France trip in Christmas 2022, my son liked the Junior Adventurer night. They saw the Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie.

Since I travel with just my son, I don't "need" the Junior Adventurer night, but I feel it's good for my son to get to know the rest of the kids.

On our trip of about 40 people, there were probably around half that were kids.

Oh and the guides seemed perfectly happy to do this, and they all seemed to have an awesome time.

So I'm wrong! Tiffany just posted:

I thought there was only one trip going (in July) but obviously, I wasn't paying enough attention!

@Eree418 Sorry for hijacking your thread!

Sayhello
I *just* found Kira on social media and they saw a polar bear today!! I so hope we get as lucky on the July 10th one! :hyper:

We only have 13 under 17's on our cruise, but I hope they still have a Junior night for them..!

I *just* found Kira on social media and they saw a polar bear today!! I so hope we get as lucky on the July 10th one! :hyper:

We only have 13 under 17's on our cruise, but I hope they still have a Junior night for them..!
Tiffany posted a seriously cool video of the polar bear!

Do you know how many total are on your cruise? I'm really curious about that.

I found out the other day that one of the folks from our Condo management company will be on your cruise! She happened to mention she was going to miss our next board meeting because she was going to the Arctic, and I asked "with what company?" figuring it wasn't ABD, because no-one ever knows what ABD is, and she *did* say ABD!! (She's DVC!) This is her 3rd ABD. Yay!

Sayhello

Tiffany posted a seriously cool video of the polar bear!

Do you know how many total are on your cruise? I'm really curious about that.

I found out the other day that one of the folks from our Condo management company will be on your cruise! She happened to mention she was going to miss our next board meeting because she was going to the Arctic, and I asked "with what company?" figuring it wasn't ABD, because no-one ever knows what ABD is, and she *did* say ABD!! (She's DVC!) This is her 3rd ABD. Yay!

Sayhello
Well now I will have to look up Tiffany too! When I asked last week they said 136 passengers with 13 of them being 17 or under.

How cool is that?! This is only our second one too - we are both ABD babies.

I admit knowing they pulled the plug on them (at least for now) has made this all feel bitter sweet... I'm sure @Mathmagicland will do a trip report but I had thought I might too. With no further trips running though it feels a bit like rubbing salt into a wound. Have they ever killed a trip off so quickly before? Our pins will be very rare I guess!

Well now I will have to look up Tiffany too! When I asked last week they said 136 passengers with 13 of them being 17 or under.

How cool is that?! This is only our second one too - we are both ABD babies.

I admit knowing they pulled the plug on them (at least for now) has made this all feel bitter sweet... I'm sure @Mathmagicland will do a trip report but I had thought I might too. With no further trips running though it feels a bit like rubbing salt into a wound. Have they ever killed a trip off so quickly before? Our pins will be very rare I guess!
They killed a trip to Walt Disney World (similar to the Disneyland trip) before it ever even ran!

The Arctic is the only one I can think of off-hand that was cancelled during it's first year. And yes, your pins will be *very* rare!

Sayhello

You've been doing this for years. I may not know you personally, but I know you have never been on an ABD (by your own admission) so you have no idea how they work (as your questions quite obviously show). Disneyland is not ABD. I'm a shareholder in Apple, but I've never owned an iPhone, and I would never offer advice to someone asking a question specific to the operation of their iPhone.

The OP was NOT asking for good honest advice from somebody who has traveled in Europe.

They SPECIFICALLY asked about a SPECIFIC activity common to (up until this point) all ABDs. This is not a general European travel question, it's a very specific ABD question. You have never been on an ABD, so you don't have an answer. Why you feel compelled to give an irrelevant answer is beyond me.

I don't owe you any sort of explanation, but people who have taken an ABD know all of this.

The Adventure Guides will not only look after them, they will entertain them. They *do* "give up" their evening. It's a part of their job, which they do wonderfully well.

ABD has arranged an event space in the hotel (I am SURE it's not free of charge - it's part of the cost of the ABD) and the food is absolutely included. It's the same as ANY of the activities that the Junior Adventurers do during the ABD -- the parents (like everyone on the ABD) have signed waivers. They are not left unsupervised. Both Adventure Guides are there.

It may be different times, but ABD has been doing Junior Adventurer Nights (and doing them well) for ages.

Again, I stand by my Statement, when it comes to ABD, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Sayhello
Can I just say bravo and ditto!

My rose colored glasses about ABD have long dimmed, but I do think the response about Junior Adventurer night not being a big deal is off base, and I can totally understand OP being bummed if it has been eliminated. We've been on 7 ABDs spanning 2007 to 2019. My kids were 8 and 10 on our first adventure and 20 and 22 on our most recent. They have LOVED junior adventurer night every time. Indeed, even though they technically aged out on the last couple junior adventurer nights, they invited the older teens/YAs to join (it was bowling on the Japan one in 2019, and it might have been their favorite of all time). We have also loved the evening on our own. They have ranged from fancy dinners on our own to group dinners, but all have been wonderful. So OP I hope it's an error and/or you can get some clarification from ABD.
My dd LOVED the bowling in Japan (she was 18 at the time). All the kids and young adults went and all had an absolute blast. I think this is something they may have removed from the new itinerary, and if it is, what a shame. That hotel was really nice! How cool to have a bowling alley in the hotel and even cooler that ABD used it for their JA night! Brings back very fond memories of our ABD Japan trip in 2019.

They killed a trip to Walt Disney World (similar to the Disneyland trip) before it ever even ran!

The Arctic is the only one I can think of off-hand that was cancelled during it's first year. And yes, your pins will be *very* rare!

Sayhello
How odd that they cancelled the Arctic ABD so quickly. Dd and I had a trip to the Arctic booked for 2020 and we all know how that ended :scared:. I did look at the ABD Arctic trip but the dates didn't work for us (dd works all summer) and the price was more than I would've spent anyways. Maybe one day I'll get there....

How odd that they cancelled the Arctic ABD so quickly. Dd and I had a trip to the Arctic booked for 2020 and we all know how that ended :scared:. I did look at the ABD Arctic trip but the dates didn't work for us (dd works all summer) and the price was more than I would've spent anyways. Maybe one day I'll get there....
I can only assume they didn't sell well. Which seems odd, because it is turning into a popular place to go. There are no Antarctica Expedition cruises for 2024, either, so maybe something happened with Ponant? (Although the Adriatic Expedition cruises still appear to be "on" with Ponant for 2024). Who knows?

Sayhello

The Arctic was actually one ABD trip still on our list! Sad to see it go before it even got a chance. I agree, SayHello, seems like there might be something else at work, possibly with the relationship with Ponant.

The Arctic was actually one ABD trip still on our list! Sad to see it go before it even got a chance. I agree, SayHello, seems like there might be something else at work, possibly with the relationship with Ponant.

I can only assume they didn't sell well. Which seems odd, because it is turning into a popular place to go. There are no Antarctica Expedition cruises for 2024, either, so maybe something happened with Ponant? (Although the Adriatic Expedition cruises still appear to be "on" with Ponant for 2024). Who knows?

Sayhello
On the Arctic with AbD & Ponant now, and not seeing any signs of potential “relationship” issues. Disney/Ponant interactions are great! It feels more likely it is low numbers, we have just 115 and someone posted 136 on the next one. I’d expect Disney has lots of data on signup trends, and if the numbers are lagging behind/too low now, the data might say not enough more will likely sign up to make it viable from a cost perspective.

Maybe it is too much to offer both Arctic and Antarctica in the same seaons? Could these become every other year or every few years trip offerings rather than annual?

So there will be about 8 children And who is going to look after them .

Will the Adventure Guides give up their Night ?

Will the Hotel provide a Room Free of charge & pay for food And Insurance While parents are " out of Sight " ?

We are living in Different Times Now
In the past, ABD would reserve space in the hotel or a local restaurant for one or both of the guides to watch the children and do something fun while the adults did something else. Most European trips had an activity like this until recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter