England & France: Cities of Knights & Lights (London & Paris) Meets Thread

Thanks so much for that concierge number Jen! I called and apparently they only added it for one trip in June. Phew! Although I'm sad not to see the backstage tour, I'm relieved not to have spent all that money on tickets for nothing. Now I can go back to planning and being excited....

Jenn

Thanks so much for that concierge number Jen! I called and apparently they only added it for one trip in June. Phew! Although I'm sad not to see the backstage tour, I'm relieved not to have spent all that money on tickets for nothing. Now I can go back to planning and being excited....

Jenn
:thumbsup2

Sayhello

Jenn

Great news. That would have been a lot of money to see the same show in the same week! ;-)

Jenn

Very happy that worked out for you ::yes::

Although I'm sad that I didn't connect with anyone oing on our trip, I have no doubt that we'll meet tons of great people once we get there! I am soooo excited...:cool1:

Although I'm sad that I didn't connect with anyone oing on our trip, I have no doubt that we'll meet tons of great people once we get there! I am soooo excited...:cool1:
Have a fabulous trip! I've had 3 trips where I didn't know anyone going in, but the groups really gel quite quickly on ABDs! I'm sure you *will* meet scads of great folks!

Have a marvelous trip, and be sure & come back & tell us all about it.

Safe Travels!

Sayhello

Ah.... you will have our darling guide, Frankie!! :flower3: Can't say enough about this wonderful guy!! Wish we were going with you!!! Have fun!!!

Please post here if you would like to talk with anyone else who has signed up to travel to England & France (London/Paris) with ABD in 2012/2013.

WE JUST BOOKED THIS TRIP FOR 6/7-6/14/2013. DW, DH, DS11 are going the day after school lets out and we are all SO EXCITED! Would love to meet others before we travel and also wondering if anyone does the FE type of "magic" on the ABD trips.

WE JUST BOOKED THIS TRIP FOR 6/7-6/14/2013. DW, DH, DS11 are going the day after school lets out and we are all SO EXCITED! Would love to meet others before we travel and also wondering if anyone does the FE type of "magic" on the ABD trips.
Congrats, AJMlovesRLM! I took this trip last year, and it's wonderful! I've never heard of anyone doing anything like an FE on ABD trips, but there's no reason you couldn't! (Well, except there's no Fish to Extend at your hotels... :confused3).

Sayhello

We just booked the week before you AJMlovesRLM! We'll arrive 5/31 thru 6/7, but booked another night to visit DLP. We've never been to England, so we're really looking forward to the trip. This will be our second ABD, did the Viva Italia Signature last year, our best family vacation ever. We will arrive early on 5/31, so we will have a full day to explore. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking about the London eye, then a boat down the Thames to London Bridge, visit the Borough (sp?) market, etc. Maybe have lunch in a gastropub some where? For our free night, we want to catch a show. Looking forward to meeting any fellow travelers. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!:)

mouthdoc said:
We just booked the week before you AJMlovesRLM! We'll arrive 5/31 thru 6/7, but booked another night to visit DLP. We've never been to England, so we're really looking forward to the trip. This will be our second ABD, did the Viva Italia Signature last year, our best family vacation ever. We will arrive early on 5/31, so we will have a full day to explore. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking about the London eye, then a boat down the Thames to London Bridge, visit the Borough (sp?) market, etc. Maybe have lunch in a gastropub some where? For our free night, we want to catch a show. Looking forward to meeting any fellow travelers. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!:)

We spent our first day at Kensington Palace and it was beautiful. As a fan of Queen Victoria, it was wonderful to walk through the rooms she did, as well as Princess Diana. The gardens are glorious, even in the rain. We had lunch at the Orangery on the grounds of the Palace. We took the tube back to Chancery Court and freshened up for our welcome reception and dinner. It was one of the many highlights of our trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I want to book this trip for next summer! We would probably arrive a few days before the trip to visit with relatives and friends in London and maybe take the train to Edinburgh.

I do have a couple of questions for anyone that has been. How long do you spend at the Louvre? And do you tour Versailles or have time to do it on your own?

Thanks!!

MooksterL1 said:
I want to book this trip for next summer! We would probably arrive a few days before the trip to visit with relatives and friends in London and maybe take the train to Edinburgh.

I do have a couple of questions for anyone that has been. How long do you spend at the Louvre? And do you tour Versailles or have time to do it on your own?

Thanks!!

We spent quite a while at the Louvre, but could have spent DAYS! Lol. We had a great tour of the "must sees", then had some time on our own to explore We toured Versailles with our local guide, had lunch all together and rode bikes as a group around the grounds. You could choose to walk the gardens instead of bike. Versailles was very crowded inside. It was good we had "fast passes" lol. We were there in the middle of May. Best trip of our lives!! :-)

Thank you for responding! That is exactly what I wanted to know! I have been reading the trip reports and staring wistfully at the photos. Now to work on convincing the husband. You would think after being married for 14 years he would just automatically agree with whatever I want by now. :rotfl2:

DH and I are signed up for the Sep 20, '13 London & Paris tour :cheer2:
Anyone else going then?

Looking forward to reading the recent trip reports. Sounds like the tour schedule is evolving. Would like to know what to expect so we can plan our per trip stay in London. Post tour we're already planning Mont St. Michel.

We have been on the Adventure to Peru which was marvelous and now deciding on our next adventure. This looks like a winner!

I would do this trip again in a heartbeat!! DH, DD19, and I had the time of our life! Our ABD guides made it magical! Enjoy!!!

My sister and I are considering this for Sept/Oct 2014 - I didn't even think of going with Disney at first, we were going to do things on our own or use another tour company, but now we're leaning towards this one - the reviews and comments on here are so positive, it definitely sounds like it would be worth the extra money.

My sister and I are considering this for Sept/Oct 2014 - I didn't even think of going with Disney at first, we were going to do things on our own or use another tour company, but now we're leaning towards this one - the reviews and comments on here are so positive, it definitely sounds like it would be worth the extra money.
Welcome to the Adventures by Disney Forum, Aust!

I have to say, I definitely thought it was worth the extra money! I had a totally fabulous time!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter