epcot food and wine festival?

cyndilou01

Mouseketeer
does anyone know when this event takes place. I would like to try and go this year I hear it is a lot of fun.
Any tips would be apprecited.

thanks for the link. so if anyone has gone before please tell me the things I must do.... I have never been before I am looking forward to this....

This year's is October 18 - November 16.

The events will be similar to the ones for last year and they're outlined on the link that's already been posted. It's a must as far as I'm concerned to do a few of the free wine and cooking seminars that go on in the World Showcase. Of the separate dinners, the best deal is the Food & Wine Pairing at the Coral Reef. This was great, and only $30 (the price may go up this year). The big dinners sell out very quickly so if you want to do them, keep an eye out for when you can make reservations. Last year this started in July.

hi: we love to wander and taste. we will usually only get one of an item and share if it's just dh and me or a couple of each if we have family with us. when something exceptional is found, we do go back for seconds and thirds.

so do you just pay cash each time you stop or charge to your room.

Was there any land that stood out as having the best food?

I went in 1997, I was planning to be there again this year, but my plans changed. I didn't do any seminars since my kids were really little at the time, but we enjoyed just wandering around sampling. My kids decided they loved Morrocan food, who'd of thunk it!?! I loved the escargot! I wish they did this at Epcot all the time. There's another thread on the restaurant board right now about F&W too.

DH and I were there (sans children) in 2000. It was my first trip to WDW ever, and I absolutely loved the Food and Wine Festival! Didn't realize it wasn't an everyday thing--we're going back in a couple of weeks and I'm quite disappointed that we'll miss it.

My only advice would be to plan on spending a couple of days in World Showcase, and don't bother making any PSs on the days you're wandering around sampling food. You'll be too stuffed to enjoy any of the restaurant cuisine!

If you can go when it's on, do it!

:D

We've been to the Food & Wine Festival 3 times. We enjoyed it so much after the first time that we chose our dates for the other two trips so that they would coincide with the Festival.

We had no interest in the special events (we have 2 small children). We just try as many different booths as possible.

Eat, drink, & have lots of fun. :cool:

We went last October and had a blast! Could of done 3 day's! The booths will take cash and credit, including your room key if you have charging privilages.;)

This sounds sooo good I'm really looking forward to it now!!!!

It is official!!! We are going to the F & W festival... I am so excited so now I need to know from those that have gone before what is it that is a must do while I am there... This board has always been so helpful in planning my trips. I am really excited about this trip. I'll be waiting for your advise...

I loved the African booth. Great food and wines. We even bought a bottle to take back to our room. Give it a try. - Nancy

If we were to book a room for the last week in October next year, would it be safe to assume that we would be there during the Food and Wine Festival?

I heard people say the word "sample". Does that mean there are little sample items to take at no charge? Or do you buy a little plate to sample? We will be there and am excited to see to what there is.

Do they sell merchandise that has to do with the F&W festival? I'll be able to go while I'm at Disney. I have a friend who has always wanted to do the festival, but has never been able to go to WDW during that time. I'd like to be able to bring her back something that has the logo on it. (By the way, she's a chef, so it would be way cool to get her like a chefs hat or something). Thanks!

Sue :D

Sample just refers to the portion size. Items range in price from $2.00 to (I think) $4. And yes, they do sell merchandise. There are usually several booths to buy items.

C.

after reading the site, I am soooooooooo ready. I am glad we are going for two days it sounds like a lot of stuff to try and cram into one day.
Some where out here I read something about. Some type of Cinnamon dessert and now I cannot find in which land that was in. Oh Well, I guess the menu changes from year to year anyway.
If you can think of anything else just let me know

If we were to book a room for the last week in October next year, would it be safe to assume that we would be there during the Food and Wine Festival?

Yes, history would bear out that during each of the past 7 years the festival has always included the last week of October. Unless there is a radical change in their scheduling you should be safe booking that week.

Luis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter