epcot food and wine festival?

Do they sell merchandise that has to do with the F&W festival?

Yes indeed they do Sue. Some of the things I've seen over the years include pins,aprons,t-shirts,mugs,glasses,chef hats, and posters. There is an event merchandise tent located along the World Showcase promenade that stocks these types of items throughout the festival. In addition there are cook books available for purchase, some of which are autographed at scheduled times by celebrity chefs who participate in the various cooking demonstrations.

Luis

Yes indeed they do Sue. Some of the things I've seen over the years include pins,aprons,t-shirts,mugs,glasses,chef hats, and posters. There is an event merchandise tent located along the World Showcase promenade that stocks these types of items throughout the festival. In addition there are cook books available for purchase, some of which are autographed at scheduled times by celebrity chefs who participate in the various cooking demonstrations.

Thanks for the info. It all sounds really great. I may have to try to get an autographed cookbook....Thanks!! I can't wait to go now.

Sue

Does anyone who has been know if they sell the wine charms that go around the glasses? It would be neat if they had the disney charachters..if yes where did you see them? TIA Marianne PS thanks safari steve for that heads up about austrailia.looking forward to this years (our 1st year at the festival)

bunnymc, I have seen the wine charms, even when it is not wine festival time... when we went in May I saw them at several of the stores, and I think it was Germany.

thanks everyone for all the good information. If you can think of anything else just type away...

We will be there Oct. 17-19, Anyone else going during that time?

When you enter Epcot you can pick up a booklet with the schedule for the Festival and lists all the booths with the food or wine that they serve. We have attended several festivals. Each year is different and some years it takes longer to sample our way around the WS. Last year's favorites for me were the onion tart from France, tomato bread salad from California, and shrimp on the barbie from Australia. One year we purchased the poster and the artist was there to sign it. I think this was the same weekend as the Festival of the Masters at DTD. Hope you have a great time!

I can't wait 30 days and I am there... We are camping in Ft. Wilderness. I am trying to decided if I want to go to any of the cooking shows... which one did you enjoy the best

My DH and I "Stumbled" upon the Food and Wine Festival a few years back, I had a conference for work in Orlando and he joined me for a long weekend at Disney. We loved it so much, we have scheduled a trip back this year, just to attend. I can't wait!!! A question - I thought that all "samples" required cash - can you really charge to your pre-established room account? Thanks for the info!

I thought Australia was there last year so I pulled out my festival guide and it was part of the F&W Festival in 2002.

Donna

Here's the info we have at the DIS...I looove F&W Fest! I'll be there the day it opens...can't wait!!!
rryumy.gif

8th Annual
Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Oct. 18 - Nov.16, 2003

New food and wine offerings and a program by the prestigious Bordeaux Wine School add flavor to the eighth annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Oct. 18-Nov.16, 2003. The festival will take place around World Showcase and will feature more than 100 wineries and cuisines from more than 20 countries and regions of the world at international marketplaces.

The park's 11 World Showcase countries and special festival marketplaces, including this year's "Australia, Discover Down Under" experience, will serve up food and wine samplings from exotic regions around the globe, with appetizer-sized tasting’s ranging from $1-$4.50. This year the festival's first major Future World experience will be, "Chocolate, the Sweet Emotion, from Piedmont, Italy," and it will open near Innoventions Plaza behind Fountain Café. Eat to the Beat! For the second year Epcot will feature the concert series with nightly performances by artists including Sister Sledge, The Spinners, Three Dog Night, The 5th Dimension, Chic featuring Nile Rodgers, and Chubby Checker & the Wildcats at the American.

Bordeaux Wine School will return for a second year along with the Banfi Italian and Australian wine schools, which will be making their festival debuts this year. Scheduled culinary demonstrations, wine seminars and multi-cultural performances at no additional cost.For beer lovers, returning for a third year, there are the "History of Beer in America" tastings and seminars by the Boston Beer Company, makers of Samuel Adams beer.

Returning will be Party for the Senses Food-and-Wine-Tasting weekly events, and will feature the creations of 18 eminent chefs and choices of more than 50 wines and beers. Last years Food and Wine Pairings will return. With the demand it had last year, Disney has increased guest opportunities to reserve the more intimate Food and Wine Pairings, by increasing seatings by 60 percent, with pairings being scheduled at Coral Reef Restaurant, Le Cellier restaurant and Restaurant Marrakesh.

Performers ranging from acrobats to musicians will be out around World Showcase adding a street-festival energy to this year’s event. Walt Disney World guests can get information at the park's Festival Welcome Center across from the Future World Fountain and Innoventions Plaza on the walkway to World Showcase.

Scheduled Events Include:

Eat to the Beat! Concert series with evening performances by popular entertainers on the America Gardens stage at no additional cost. Park admission is required.

Party for the Senses, will be featuring more than 30 wines with flavorful foods Oct. 18 and 24, and Nov. 1, 8 and 15, for $85 in World Showplace.

Bordeaux Wine School, returns for a second year with a wine education program with lunch and wine school certificates presented upon completion, at Bistro de Paris in the France pavilion Oct. 30 and Nov. 2 and special purchase tickets are $125 per person.

Banfi Italian Wine School, will conduct for the first time at the festival a wine education program with lunch and wine school certificates presented upon completion. The school will be at L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante in the Italy pavilion Nov. 6 and 8 and special purchase tickets are $125 per person.

does anyone know if you stay in Disney Resort do they have early entry days to Epcot during the festival.

Baloo, I will also be there when they open the doors.

There are early entry days to Epcot for resort guests, but the Food and Wine Festival is in the World Showcase area, so it is not included in Early Entry. I think the World Showcase end of Epcot opens at 11:00 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter