Epcot Hotel Back On?

Agree with much of your thoughts.

And just a reminder about the non-stop WDW investments (thru Tron anyway)-

I had put this list in a different thread back in Oct., I may have even missed some, but when you see what's been added over the last decade or so, it's a pretty impressive list. Perfectly acceptable to have a pause after all this, especially when you throw a once in a century pandemic into the mix.

Pandora
Toy Story Land
SWGE
Skyliner
New Fantasy Land
EPCOT Makeover
M&M RR
Remy
Tron
Guardians
Starcruiser
Riviera
Space 220
Connections
Countless restaurant, room and hotel makeovers and additions
etc. etc.
Thanks for pulling this list together. It seems that many of us can only remember the last thing or the next thing when complaining about a lack of investment in the parks.

I'd just add to the list a brand new cruise ship, with another 2 on the way.

Thanks for pulling this list together. It seems that many of us can only remember the last thing or the next thing when complaining about a lack of investment in the parks.
Yep, and the proof of that is just above - a few empty areas pointed out while ignoring all the new stuff...

Agree with much of your thoughts.

And just a reminder about the non-stop WDW investments (thru Tron anyway)-

I had put this list in a different thread back in Oct., I may have even missed some, but when you see what's been added over the last decade or so, it's a pretty impressive list. Perfectly acceptable to have a pause after all this, especially when you throw a once in a century pandemic into the mix.

Pandora
Toy Story Land
SWGE
Skyliner
New Fantasy Land
EPCOT Makeover
M&M RR
Remy
Tron
Guardians
Starcruiser
Riviera
Space 220
Connections
Countless restaurant, room and hotel makeovers and additions
etc. etc.
You can certainly discount the hotel room makeovers because the majority of them were conversions from hotel rooms to DVC.

You can certainly discount the hotel room makeovers because the majority of them were conversions from hotel rooms to DVC.
Still dollars invested on improvements, that was the point, they have been investing consistently for a decade...even though some around here want us to believe the parks have been starved.

Sure, the DVC side of things has grown at certain resorts but the following non-DVC side of these resorts have also been refurbed or are in the process of being refurbed, all of which within the last 5-7 years:

Coronado Springs
Pop Century
All Star Music
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Contemporary
BoardWalk Inn
Wilderness Lodge
Caribbean Beach
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside

Add in they also built the Gran Destino Tower.

Sure, the DVC side of things has grown at certain resorts but the following non-DVC side of these resorts have also been refurbed or are in the process of being refurbed, all of which within the last 5-7 years:

Coronado Springs
Pop Century
All Star Music
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Contemporary
BoardWalk Inn
Wilderness Lodge
Caribbean Beach
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside

Add in they also built the Gran Destino Tower.
Many of those were very necessary maintenance because the rooms were becoming rundown.

Many of those were very necessary maintenance because the rooms were becoming rundown.
100% this. We stayed at one of the All Star Resorts probably 7 or 8 years ago, i couldnt even get a plug to stay in the outlet, it would fall out. they were getting dated and needed to be updated.

that stuff HAS to happen, they dont get a pat on the back for actually updating existing hotel rooms, for what you pay for a hotel room, even the cheapest hotel room on disney property better be nice.

Last edited:
100% this. We stated at one of the All Star Resorts probably 7 or 8 years ago, i couldnt even get a plug to stay in the outlet, it would fall out. they were getting dated and needed to be updated.

that stuff HAS to happen, they dont get a pat on the back for actually updating existing hotel rooms, for what you pay for a hotel room, even the cheapest hotel room on disney property better be nice.
Yes! We spent one night at ASMo in 2017 (I think) and it was in awful shape. We had the same issue with loose outlets and the room was just all around shabby. Thankfully it was just the one night because we had found a cheaper Friday night flight than our originally planned Saturday and we moved to CSR the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter