Epcot opens at 10am now!

This is something of a trade-off, so I have mixed feelings. I like the fact that all of Epcot now opens at the same time, and I won't complain about the 10 a.m. opening so long as it goes away when the number of guests picks back up. My big complaint has always been all the different, odd attraction hours nobody can keep straight - so I like what's happened to World Showcase.

Well, it looks like I WON'T be going to Epcot in the morning anymore!:mad:

What a bunch of bull**** they are pulling on their customers these days.

When I looked at the revised October Epcot calendars today, I was surprised that Epcot Future World and Epcot World Showcase are both open from 10:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.!

My first reaction was that it must be a mistake on Disney.com. After all, there were Internet rumors that World Showcase would not open until noon.

World Showacase has typically opened at 11:00 a.m. And I remember that during slow periods of the year, Future World (except for Innoventions and some of the other things in that area) closed at 7:00 p.m.

But then I gave it a little thought. Although there's a net decrease in park hours across the four parks, Disney management has set Epcot's hours to reflect the popularity of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Thousands on expensive hotel rooms are booked at Disney's Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn, Boardwalk Villas, and the non-Disney Swan & Dolphin. Those guests enter Epcot through the International Gateway. Many of those guests are there specifically for the Food & Wine Festival. And those guests return year after year -- if they're happy.

I hope this will start a new tradition of longer World Showcase hours during the Food & Wine Festival.

I've already posted this in another thread, but I don't want my previous post in this thread (above) to mislead anyone.

Now Disney.com's Park Hours for Epcot, October 2001 shows Future World open from 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. and World Showcase open from noon until 9:00 p.m.

So much for my logic about an extra hour for the Food & Wine Festival! Now it's an hour less! (And three hours less for Future World.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter