Epcot Swap -- Active -- Check in -- Due date Jan 23

Those are great ideas! How about we make it a 2 element group? You can make any 2 elements that reflect the holiday theme of your chosen country? I love the phrase idea, but that may be too complicated for Japan and China. This will give those groups some flexibility.

I've removed myself from this group. That leaves us with 6 players counting Sarah. If she doesn't want to play after all the changes, I'll step back in for her spots. Would everyone be ok with choosing 2 countries? If so, we need to add another spot to make it even. We could do the African Outpost if they decorate or it looks like the US has both a traditional Santa and something for Kwanzaa (sp?). What do you think?

We could use more players in a few of single element groups:

Innoventions
Club Cool
Food & Wine Festival

Also there are still holes in the many letter groups.

If you're interested in any of these let me know before noon tomorrow. At that point we see what groups get dropped and where the players in the letter groups need to choose additional letters.

morgansmom2000 said:
Sheila, I was just trying to fill spots so please keep your own.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Jennifer, I was only interested in the Santa's. We never get to go during the holidays. The kids just have way too much going then. I was going to use the Santa's for something else. Since its going to be more Epcot specific, it doesn't really work for me.

ok I can fill some groups.

#3-title
#9-twinchies
#13-PP
#14-PP
#15-Title
#16-title
#17-twinchies
#18-mats
#19-PP
#20-Title
#21-title
#22-PP
#23-PP
#24-Title
#29-title

I will most likley not work on these till we get back from our trip in december :)

Here's a decent blog post about Holidays Around the World with lots of photos and descriptions of what they do at each country.

great site!

My bestie is from Ontario. She says it all the time, eh?

:thumbsup2

Those are great ideas! How about we make it a 2 element group? You can make any 2 elements that reflect the holiday theme of your chosen country? I love the phrase idea, but that may be too complicated for Japan and China. This will give those groups some flexibility.

I've removed myself from this group. That leaves us with 6 players counting Sarah. If she doesn't want to play after all the changes, I'll step back in for her spots. Would everyone be ok with choosing 2 countries? If so, we need to add another spot to make it even. We could do the African Outpost if they decorate or it looks like the US has both a traditional Santa and something for Kwanzaa (sp?). What do you think?

I'm good with that option of 2 elements and doing 2 countries....I'll do the outpost section!

JohnsonsLoveDisney said:
ok I can fill some groups.

#3-title
#9-twinchies
#13-PP
#14-PP
#15-Title
#16-title
#17-twinchies
#18-mats
#19-PP
#20-Title
#21-title
#22-PP
#23-PP
#24-Title
#29-title

I will most likley not work on these till we get back from our trip in december :)

Thanks Rachal. I will get you added after dinner.

mommy2mrb said:
great site!

:thumbsup2

I'm good with that option of 2 elements and doing 2 countries....I'll do the outpost section!

I'be got u down for the outpost. Thanks!

Two element and two countries is good for me. May I please have Mexico as my second country?

call me insane but I'm bitting the bullet as I have a few months do get this done

Group 2: Title
Group 3: Paper piercing
Group 4: Title
Group 5: title which will turn out to be the logo of Soaring
Group 6: Title
Group 7: Title
Group 8: Title
Group 10: Title
Group 11: Title
Group 13: photo mats
Group 15: probably 3 shapes
Group 16: photo mats
Group 17: paper piercing
Group 18: shapes
Group 19: paper clips
Group 20: paper piercing
Group 21: photo mats
Group 22: photo mats
Group 23: Tags
Group 24: Tags
Group 27: Paper piercing

Could I have Italy as my second choice in the epcot country holidays? I'm really confused. We now aren't necessarily doing a paper doll/santa, but anything we choose?

Could we maybe do an abbreviated description of how each country celebrates their holiday and an additional piece? Might be nice when looking through the books to have an explanation of why the pieces look the way they do. :confused3 I know if I had a monkey on my pages for the country that has the money king.....I would get a million questions as to why he is there. Just a thought.

Two element and two countries is good for me. May I please have Mexico as my second country?

Got it!

call me insane but I'm bitting the bullet as I have a few months do get this done

Group 2: Title
Group 3: Paper piercing
Group 4: Title
Group 5: title which will turn out to be the logo of Soaring
Group 6: Title
Group 7: Title
Group 8: Title
Group 10: Title
Group 11: Title
Group 13: photo mats
Group 15: probably 3 shapes
Group 16: photo mats
Group 17: paper piercing
Group 18: shapes
Group 19: paper clips
Group 20: paper piercing
Group 21: photo mats
Group 22: photo mats
Group 23: Tags
Group 24: Tags
Group 27: Paper piercing

Your list is beginning to look like mine. Thanks for helping fill some holes!

Could I have Italy as my second choice in the epcot country holidays? I'm really confused. We now aren't necessarily doing a paper doll/santa, but anything we choose?

Could we maybe do an abbreviated description of how each country celebrates their holiday and an additional piece? Might be nice when looking through the books to have an explanation of why the pieces look the way they do. :confused3 I know if I had a monkey on my pages for the country that has the money king.....I would get a million questions as to why he is there. Just a thought.

Sorry for the confusion. I should have done a better job researching the santas before sign up. Some countries have santas and other do not, so we decide to do any two elements that reflect the holiday traditions of the chosen countries. I think an explanation that meets the requirements for a lyric piece would be great. I'll get you your second country added.

Danielle, I found the first link and Jennifer the second one....they both have some good info and photos!

for my Canada will do "Nowell" lumberjack "santa" and probably his name and maybe "Merry Christmas, eh!"

for the outpost will do "Kwanzaa" title and still need to think of my second...maybe an African drum with xmas lights on it???

IMO, as long as it goes with the countries theme and/or traditions it works for me!
Sheila will have to make final decision since she is the hostess!

Here's a decent blog post about Holidays Around the World with lots of photos and descriptions of what they do at each country.

I will take some more groups. Please add me to

Elements:

Group 20 Italy Tags

Letters:

Group I Character Spot P,T
Group O United Kingdom T,D
Group S American Adventure C,N

Thanks,
Pam

There are still a few spots left in some of the element groups, if anyone is interested, and we still need help filling the letter groups. We have 2 more hours til closing, so let me know asap if there is anything you want to add.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter