Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my god, aren't most people kidding?

Call me poor/steerage, I don't care!
Next visit maybe we stay deluxe and you can call me bourgeoise or elitist! (i'm busy trying to find out how to get Gran Destino added...)

It's just funny, it's not serious. I don't there's going to be any Marie Antoinette situations.

:D
.... Nope some are serious and some are poking fun at the serious.

Any way you slice this it was going to piss people off. There’s just no kinder, gentler way to say “this perk everyone used to get is coming back only for people at the most expensive tier of resort”.

I have nothing but empathy for people who are upset. Believe me, I get it. It sucks for people at Values and Mods who enjoyed this perk and now won’t have it. But as someone who decidedly isn’t wealthy but stays in Deluxes 99% of the time thanks to a combo of hustling and careful budgeting elsewhere in life (and not having kids), some of the talk in this thread goes past venting totally understandable frustration and smacks of that woman on FB who was hollering about Childless Millennials ruining the parks. Don’t blame people who stay at Deluxes for this decision, or people who still find value in staying on site when you (general you) don’t. Disney did this. If you’re unhappy, let them know. But making caricatures of people who stay at Deluxes resorts and calling folk cheerleaders for having a different opinion on it is messed up.

So much this! I saw on Instagram people all 'what about me saving up for a trip for a family of seven?!!!!' Well... you can still go to Disney and have a great vacation. Or you can not. It sucks that EMH as we knew them pre-pandemic are no longer, but everyone staying on property will still be able to take advantage of going in early regardless of resort. Just because one thing doesn't apply to you and your family of seven staying at ASM, doesn't mean you can't still enjoy your trip.

I'd love to see the data on the demographics at Deluxe resorts in terms of party size, age, etc. and what hours they typically go to the park. With all of the extensive analytics Disney can do, I'm sure this was a very calculated decision to target for a late-night benefit.

Actually, I don’t think they are. This next trip I’m falling way down the ladder with my paltry $450 a night cabin. I’m finding it hard to play the I’m poor card though.

I may or may not have tossed crumbs of my croissant from my club level balcony at the YC to the hungry masses below. I think they appreciated it.;) I wasn’t about to share my mimosa. My generosity only extends so far.

I've decided on my campaign slogan to classify Gran Destino as deluxe (but not raise prices...) -

POWER TO THE TOWER!

eh? eh? 😂

Yeah, this is the real issue. I'm not against the "pay more, get more" philosophy, but what are the Values and Moderates even getting? A couple have Skyliner access, but that's about it really. I do hope they will reevaluate and throw some perks at the lower tiers as well, because otherwise there isn't much incentive.
And paying dearly for it in increased room rates.

It's not much of a perk.

Since the Skyliner opened, I've stayed at AOA, CBR, RIV, and BCV and have ridden it several times.

The Skyliner is great in the middle of the afternoon when lines are short.

It's bad in the morning when everyone from 4 resorts are trying to get to DHS at the same time.

And it's terrible when a thunderstorm rolls in, the Skyliner shuts down, and Disney bus service is overwhelmed because those people were supposed to be taking the Skyliner to get back to their resorts. :umbrella:

But Florida never haves thunderstorms. :rolleyes:

At this point, I take the Skyliner only when I'm drinking at night.

Now that I think about it, I guess that means I take the Skyliner a lot. 🍻

Well, I have found that the Skyliner was wonderful, even in the morning. Granted you want to be one of the first in line, but that's no problem. I am usually waiting at the bus stops anyway, so it makes no difference. I find the thing to be fast, and fun to ride too. It was very helpful in taking mid-day breaks too because it went right to Pop. Now, I'm not saying that the cost increase maybe outstrips the convenience, but I do think it's pretty nice perk.

Well, I have found that the Skyliner was wonderful, even in the morning. Granted you want to be one of the first in line, but that's no problem. I am usually waiting at the bus stops anyway, so it makes no difference. I find the thing to be fast, and fun to ride too. It was very helpful in taking mid-day breaks too because it went right to Pop. Now, I'm not saying that the cost increase maybe outstrips the convenience, but I do think it's pretty nice perk.
Compared to the park opening, how does the Skyliner work for RDing? Our first trip we stayed at the BC and thought we'd take the boats to RD @ HS, not realizing they didn't start that early. We ended up nearly running to HS. Are the Skyliners running early enough to use for RD or will we end up walking again?

There are virtually no guests at WDW that are “ have nots”. “
Have nots aren’t worried about a couple of hours extra at WDW, they’re worried about feeding their kids. This is getting to the point of being ridiculous.

I was one as a kid. When my family first started going Values and Mods didn’t exist. We stayed on I Drive. After that my army vet mom was an RN working 2 jobs as a single parent and we stayed at the Dolphin through Costco and nurse/govt discounts. We didn’t go every year either, mom scrimped and saved. And that still made me more fortunate than my partner, who went all of twice as a kid, once through Make a Wish because she’s disabled, and the one trip she went on that her family paid for they stayed at then brand new CBR. I work with a ton of people who have never been at all because their folks couldn’t afford it, or only stay offsite.

I’m a literal card carrying union member and a civil servant, my benefits & pension make me middle class not my salary in one of the most expensive cities in the US. And real talk, if we’re bringing Issues into this discussion, one of the reasons I continue going to Disney and staying onsite in Deluxes is because it’s a known quantity and I feel safe there. My vacation dollars definitely stretch more elsewhere, though honestly not much more. But elsewhere I don’t have to play Russian roulette with staff who see an obvious same sex couple and refuse to give us the king room we booked (happened to me once in a major “hip” city), or follow me in a shop because they see my complexion and think I’m going to steal (multiple times in Italy).
So much this! I saw on Instagram people all 'what about me saving up for a trip for a family of seven?!!!!' Well... you can still go to Disney and have a great vacation. Or you can not. It sucks that EMH as we knew them pre-pandemic are no longer, but everyone staying on property will still be able to take advantage of going in early regardless of resort. Just because one thing doesn't apply to you and your family of seven staying at ASM, doesn't mean you can't still enjoy your trip.

I'd love to see the data on the demographics at Deluxe resorts in terms of party size, age, etc. and what hours they typically go to the park. With all of the extensive analytics Disney can do, I'm sure this was a very calculated decision to target for a late-night benefit.

Every time discussions around upcharge events, extras, etc. there’s always someone aghast about who could possibly afford all of this, and every time it needs to be said that it’s not just a matter of income level but party makeup. There is absolutely no way we could afford to travel like we do if we had kids. Dessert parties, After Hours, etc. are a lot easier to swallow with only 2 working adults at most to pay for. Resorts are no different from that tbh. We don’t have those extra considerations so our discretionary income goes to Disney and our other hobbies. And I totally understand people who could stay Deluxe and choose not to because they just don’t see the value in it. We do, so that’s where we stay. It just gets a little old hearing that we’re singlehandedly ruining Disney for everyone because we want to sit on a balcony and look at the monorail go by or be able to walk to a park.

I was one as a kid. When my family first started going Values and Mods didn’t exist. We stayed on I Drive. After that my army vet mom was an RN working 2 jobs as a single parent and we stayed at the Dolphin through Costco and nurse/govt discounts. We didn’t go every year either, mom scrimped and saved. And that still made me more fortunate than my partner, who went all of twice as a kid, once through Make a Wish because she’s disabled, and the one trip she went on that her family paid for they stayed at then brand new CBR. I work with a ton of people who have never been at all because their folks couldn’t afford it, or only stay offsite.

I’m a literal card carrying union member and a civil servant, my benefits & pension make me middle class not my salary in one of the most expensive cities in the US. And real talk, if we’re bringing Issues into this discussion, one of the reasons I continue going to Disney and staying onsite in Deluxes is because it’s a known quantity and I feel safe there. My vacation dollars definitely stretch more elsewhere, though honestly not much more. But elsewhere I don’t have to play Russian roulette with staff who see an obvious same sex couple and refuse to give us the king room we booked (happened to me once in a major “hip” city), or follow me in a shop because they see my complexion and think I’m going to steal (multiple times in Italy).

Every time discussions around upcharge events, extras, etc. there’s always someone aghast about who could possibly afford all of this, and every time it needs to be said that it’s not just a matter of income level but party makeup. There is absolutely no way we could afford to travel like we do if we had kids. Dessert parties, After Hours, etc. are a lot easier to swallow with only 2 working adults at most to pay for. Resorts are no different from that tbh. We don’t have those extra considerations so our discretionary income goes to Disney and our other hobbies. And I totally understand people who could stay Deluxe and choose not to because they just don’t see the value in it. We do, so that’s where we stay. It just gets a little old hearing that we’re singlehandedly ruining Disney for everyone because we want to sit on a balcony and look at the monorail go by or be able to walk to a park.

I ruined Disney by purchasing a Boo Bash ticket!

Compared to the park opening, how does the Skyliner work for RDing? Our first trip we stayed at the BC and thought we'd take the boats to RD @ HS, not realizing they didn't start that early. We ended up nearly running to HS. Are the Skyliners running early enough to use for RD or will we end up walking again?
It won't be running that early from the BC area unfortunately. It's considered the Epcot leg and only opens 1hr before official Epcot open which is pretty late these days.

There are virtually no guests at WDW that are “ have nots”. “
Have nots aren’t worried about a couple of hours extra at WDW, they’re worried about feeding their kids. This is getting to the point of being ridiculous.
Not literal have nots. I'm saying if you aren't one the first class guests,right now they don't think much of you. I honestly think it's just the beginning.

Stay deluxe and you’ll soon be able to stick your tongue out at them when they’re shoved out of the park before emh starts. Good times...

From what I've been reading on social media, the deluxe guests may feel more like Cersei in Game of Thrones doing their walk of shame towards the attraction tap-styles :duck:

Stay deluxe and you’ll soon be able to stick your tongue out at them when they’re shoved out of the park before emh starts. Good times...

Staying at Gran Destino this weekend. My dream of taunting people at the CR will have to wait till October.

It's hard to stay because a lot of the Covid protocols were still in effect, i.e. there wasn't a proper rope drop. I felt we got to the park pretty early though and were with the front of the crowd.

It just gets a little old hearing that we’re singlehandedly ruining Disney for everyone because we want to sit on a balcony and look at the monorail go by or be able to walk to a park.

Amen! Now off to steal a Mickey pretzel from a child real quick.

I truthfully think that unless Disney reinstated everything that existed pre-Covid people are going to be unhappy!

No. What I have a problem with is this:

1. Disney took an old perk that was available to all onsite guests pre-Covid and just made it available for deluxe guests all while presenting it as a “new” perk for the 50th. Sure, it’s going to have way less people so I guess it will be a value add for deluxe guests but it’s, frankly, lazy. It’s like they’re doing the bare minimum to provide a “perk” to deluxe guests. Given the amount of money people pay for deluxe they SHOULD have actual perks. And they do have perks like nicer pools, fancy restaurants, and so forth but nothing that, to me, justifies the premium you pay to stay there.

2. There are no perks for values or moderates that justifies staying on property at this point. The only thing keeping me on property right now is the rental car shortage.

3. The desperate packaging of “perks” and things for the 50th (because they don’t have much else) is quickly growing tiresome. Disney needs more shows and people eaters NOW since they continue to raise capacity. They could help all onsite guests and generate some goodwill with onsite guests by starting the early entry in the morning now but no. That’s for Oct. 1. They could offer the new scene Philharmagic the same day they’re offering it for DLR and DLP but no. It’s Oct. 1. 🤷‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter