Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any real gripe except I wish they offered more early mornings. Late evenings do nothing for me as I have elementary age kids. We aren't the type to stay up late as we are up by 6 or 6:30. So from my perspective, this targets adults and people with teenagers although I know many people let their kids stay up much later than I do.
I have a 5 year old and she likes staying up late and doesn’t like waking up early. The PM hours are actually better for us. So I wouldn’t necessarily say that it just targets adults or teenagers. When we went to Disney with her when she was almost 3, we stood at the park late as well. We just have her though so I’m sure it’s easier dealing with one child’s schedule

It sucks that I can't afford VIP tours, but I don't expect those who prioritize them and have the means to do them to feel bad for me. It sucks that people have to crowd into the fireworks show while I do a dessert buffet, but should I not do that either? Am I supposed to go around feeling bad because 1) I can either afford to do these things or 2) I prioritize these things and budget so that we can do them?

Deluxe/DVC guests spend far more on average than Value guests do. They should get more. Disney can't sell $800 a night rooms on the basis that they have a good pool.
No one is saying you should feel bad. No one is having a go at people who can afford stuff. It's Disney they have a problem with.

It sucks that I can't afford VIP tours, but I don't expect those who prioritize them and have the means to do them to feel bad for me. It sucks that people have to crowd into the fireworks show while I do a dessert buffet, but should I not do that either? Am I supposed to go around feeling bad because 1) I can either afford to do these things or 2) I prioritize these things and budget so that we can do them?

Deluxe/DVC guests spend far more on average than Value guests do. They should get more. Disney can't sell $800 a night rooms on the basis that they have a good pool.

Those aren't perks that were available to everyone that have suddenly been yanked away and only given to those with more means. They were always options only for those who could pay for them. Big difference.

Those aren't perks that were available to everyone that have suddenly been yanked away and only given to those with more means. Big difference.

One more time....Just because you stay at a deluxe doesn't translate into having more money. It means I'm willing to spend the money I have to be there. I'm so, so, tired of this being rich vs poor.

My kids are teachers in a state that pays them very little, ranked near the bottom. One of them is recently divorced with a son, and didn't work during the height of the pandemic because she's high risk. I'm now single, living on SS and a pension from my husband who passed away. I'd bet anything most of the people staying at values or moderates have higher incomes than we do. And this perk for Deluxe/DVC is available to everyone but just like the VIP tours, you pay for it. It's just not priced separately.

Last edited:
But if you don’t want to pay disney prices isn’t there someone else that will? They keep raising prices and people keep paying. Doesn’t that tell them that they don’t need the perks? And people who go now as first time guests might not know that they’re missing any perks or service.
Unless your named Bezos, there is generally always someone with more money behind you to take your place.

One more time....Just because you stay at a deluxe doesn't translate into having more money. It means I'm willing to spend the money I have to be there. I'm so, so, tired of this being rich vs poor.
I think that was settled awhile back.

I too can afford a deluxe, i refuse to pay it, i mean, i refuse to pay for a moderate now also. I'm not poor.

Apparently it wasn't because that excuse is still being used.
I'm seeing people say that they arent paying for a deluxe because the value isnt there for them. I'm seeing people saying their tired of forking over money to disney, and disney asking them to fork over more so they can provide them with the same service that they provided you before, when you paid less.

I'm not paying disney more any more. I'm not going to fork over a ton of cash to stay at deluxe for a couple of hours extra in the parks, when i got that included in my stay a few years ago at a value resort.

Make no mistake about it, if you're staying on property at Disney anywhere, you're not poor.

Why? So they could reduce our rates by whatever the value they place on the EMH's, then sell us the EMH's with it only available to Deluxe guests and you'd be ok with that? That's all window dressing, changes nothing.

Oh I don't mean still being exclusive to deluxe guests. I meant if it was basically an after hours event that anyone could pay for, like dessert parties and VIP tours, I would hate it less.

I'm seeing people say that they arent paying for a deluxe because the value isnt there for them. I'm seeing people saying their tired of forking over money to disney, and disney asking them to fork over more so they can provide them with the same service that they provided you before, when you paid less.

I'm not paying disney more any more. I'm not going to fork over a ton of cash to stay at deluxe for a couple of hours extra in the parks, when i got that included in my stay a few years ago at a value resort.

Make no mistake about it, if you're staying on property at Disney anywhere, you're not poor.
The person I responded to used the "people with more means" reasoning. It's why I responded.

Oh I don't mean still being exclusive to deluxe guests. I meant if it was basically an after hours event that anyone could pay for, like dessert parties and VIP tours, I would hate it less.

That would negate the whole reason Disney is doing this- to entice more people to stay at Deluxe resorts....Just like Universal does.

I actually do not have a problem with this.EMH was getting too crowded pre-covid, and no longer seemed like a benefit. However, I am confused as to how this will be regulated. How will they know if you are already in the park that you are not staying in a deluxe?

I actually do not have a problem with this.EMH was getting too crowded pre-covid, and no longer seemed like a benefit. However, I am confused as to how this will be regulated. How will they know if you are already in the park that you are not staying in a deluxe?

If they do it like previous EMH's, they'll scan your band or ticket at the rides. They've never made non-eligible people leave the parks, just not allowed to ride attractions. A lot of people had issues with that and thought they shouldn't be allowed to stay. I don't. I'll be riding rides, not shopping or eating.

it'll be regulated as you get on the ride i suppose.

If crowds were the issue, I wish disney would offer the same thing they did in the past, but maybe change it up. some resorts have magic hours at MK one night, while others have it at EPCOT. Give them a real perk for paying the inflated rates to stay on site.

They should consider how many of their value/mod customers they're alienating, too. Make the resorts themselves actually worth their price, that will entice people to stay deluxe.

I'm sure they have and came to the conclusion that it's not a number they need to worry about.

They should consider how many of their value/mod customers they're alienating, too. Make the resorts themselves actually worth their price, that will entice people to stay deluxe.
Yup.

I mean, ask just about anyone who owns DVC why they bought in....i bet you'll get, "because disney is just so magical, we love it here".

I wonder how many of those people started out by going to values and moderates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter