Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
sadly i dont think it'll have the effect i wish it would have, but the move away from an "all inclusive" (sort of) vacation that it once was, has opened our eyes to other vacation destinations around the country.

I hope others see that, and start to book elsewhere.

Me too…then it won’t be so crowded.
if you are not happy with your current vacation then you have the option to change it.
don’t let a small thing ruin your vacation. make the most of it. Visit other resorts, Disney Springs, nighttime pool picnic etc.

there is plenty to do and plenty of Magic for all.

some of our best times with our grandchildren was the evenings exploring the resort, making s’mores, pool time, movies under the stars -usually several rabbit sittings. YOU MAKE THE MAGIC!

Guests who pay more should get more. Pretty simple.

Is anyone concerned that Club 33 members get more for paying more?
Really ???? That is not the issue and I would hope you had the sense to know it. People staying at a Moderate or Value @ Disney were entitled to EMH before Covid...it was a perk for all of Disney Resort Guests...now it comes back...but only for Deluxe Guests. That is the reason people are upset...Not because Club 33 Guests get more cause they paid more. It's because they were given a perk and now it's been taken away even though they are paying a premium price to stay @ Disney

How many years had WDW had early-morning hours for resort guests I've gone many times over the years and never, ever used that perk. So IMO who cares? I'll never rope drop, never be in line for the early entry. It wouldn't matter. The evening hours (as I understand) are only at select parks a couple of nights a week. Not every day. And yes that's a perk I'd use!

To those that are staying at Deluxe resorts and are ok with this, do you really expect those that are staying at value and moderates to not be upset about this? You’re paying a inflated rate to stay on property, but so are those at value and moderate resorts. They arent paying $100 a night at a value. We aren’t paying as much as you, but your hotel rooms and your resorts are much nicer.
As someone who has a deluxe/value split stay for the 50th, I've got zero issue with it. And my deluxe stay is before the new perk starts (the 29th).

Me too…then it won’t be so crowded.
if you are not happy with your current vacation then you have the option to change it.
don’t let a small thing ruin your vacation. make the most of it. Visit other resorts, Disney Springs, nighttime pool picnic etc.

there is plenty to do and plenty of Magic for all.

some of our best times with our grandchildren was the evenings exploring the resort, making s’mores, pool time, movies under the stars -usually several rabbit sittings. YOU MAKE THE MAGIC!
Agreed, if "you" don't like it, don't go. But don't tell others to stop going because you want people to stop going.

Yes

since you specifically asked those who are staying deluxe-Yes, I am fine with it. I get free parking also because I am staying on my points.
I am planning on staying at POFQ again next year-just for “old times sake” and because I love the resort. I will have to pay for parking AND I won’t get the extra hours. But, I will be at a lovely resort with my husband for a couple of days.

Disney is not the first resort to offer more to guests who pay for more money.

I would like the EMH for all resort hotel guests to come back (not good Neighbor hotels).

I am sure things will change. Maybe try a split stay or rent DVC points. That is what we did before purchasing DVC.
no matter what, you are still at Disney. Enjoy your trip!
FWIW, I'm staying deluxe the next two times I visit (well, I added a one night value because my flight got changed to the day before) because I'm renting DVC. My last two visits were Deluxe (AKL and Poly, non-DVC) and the last Disney-related trip I made was to Aulani. And I'm super, super against the perk. My ability to benefit from something doesn't affect my ability to see that it stinks (especially since I know the history of EMH).

Exactly. It’s a business. Why should I pay more for DVC membership and access to deluxe resorts if I don’t get anything extra in return?
But you should get extra resort-related benefits. Other than Disney now making this change, the PARK-related benefits don't seem to have a direct reason to be a perk based on where you stay (I mean, clearly, Disney can make any choices it wants - but the logic doesn't make sense that paying more for a hotel should necessarily equate into a better experience at a theme park, especially when the park had recently included the perk for everyone at their hotels).

Why not? Why should someone not be able to express their viewpoint?
I have no problem with people sharing their viewpoint. Not sure how my post says otherwise. It's when people project their viewpoint on to others and are wanting others to stop going just because they want to, even though there are plenty of people continuing to have a great time at the parks.

Nobody got anything taken away. EMH is over. Now there is a new program with the early admission and extended evening. Everyone knows what you have to do to qualify for either and can take that into consideration when choosing a resort. Just because you got something 3 years ago does not mean it is owed in the future. Things change and everyone can vote with their wallet as to whether they see value in staying onsite or off, value or deluxe, Disney or Universal, etc. It's going to be the same conversation when whatever new version of FP materializes.

Nobody got anything taken away. EMH is over. Now there is a new program with the early admission and extended evening. Everyone knows what you have to do to qualify for either and can take that into consideration when choosing a resort. Just because you got something 3 years ago does not mean it is owed in the future. Things change and everyone can vote with their wallet as to whether they see value in staying onsite or off, value or deluxe, Disney or Universal, etc. It's going to be the same conversation when whatever new version of FP materializes.
Some folks are never satisfied and just whine to be whining. Everything Disney is based on the $$$$.

If it looks like a duck. And it waddles like a duck. And it quacks like a duck, you can call it a canard, but it's still a duck.

Really ???? That is not the issue and I would hope you had the sense to know it. People staying at a Moderate or Value @ Disney were entitled to EMH before Covid...it was a perk for all of Disney Resort Guests...now it comes back...but only for Deluxe Guests. That is the reason people are upset...Not because Club 33 Guests get more cause they paid more. It's because they were given a perk and now it's been taken away even though they are paying a premium price to stay @ Disney

Yup. And it was one of the onsite perks I enjoyed most which makes it even more upsetting.

Oh, haha, I’m sorry, I forgot—we’re having "extended evening hours" now! Same kind of thing, different name. Well, that’s progress for you.

At the end of the day, Disney is a business. Not a family member who opened up their home out of the goodness of their heart. A business trying to make a profit off of all of us.

Do I agree with them doing evening EMH just for the deluxe, no. . not really. But, I do understand if they open it up for everyone on property, it becomes less of a perk due to crowd issues. They had to draw the line somewhere.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't draw the line with DVC. I'm not a DVC owner, but people that purchased DVC did so based on what they got as perks during the year they bought in. So, more locked in than visitors like me. I can change my plans based on change to those perks. But, while I can disagree with Disney all day long - it isn't up to me.

Some of these posts sound like Disney owes us something. All they owe us is whatever they offered when we gave them our money. Whatever promotion was in effect when we booked. If they changed the perks and it directly took something away from what they promised when we booked that is different. They didn't. They did not offer anyone an EMH of any kind. People booked. Then they added EMH for some resorts. . . .taking away nothing from other's, since it was not offered to begin with.

Last edited:
Disney is squeezing people out. Which, of course, is a contradiction to the values that they project.

Bottom line is they want more money and reducing perks to many guests right now. I don't necessarily agree with it, but understand it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter