Evening Suggestions

mydisneykids

DIS Veteran
We have visited DL a few times in the past, but only for a few hours while my husband was in the area on buisness. Well he finally has a convention in Aneheim and we will be in the area for 5 whole days.
We are DVC members and visit WDW at least once a year. We love to spend the evenings low key, walking around Epcot and snacking at the countries, or watching the performers at the Boardwalk.
I was looking at the times for the week we are there and the parks are only open late the first night.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to things to do in the evening with a 5, 9 and 13 year old?
Thanks for any help, as I tend to be an overplanner and have never been there for evenings before.

Downtown Disney offers a couple of options with the Rainforrest Cafe, a Jungle themed restaurant with audiio-animitronic animals. There is also ESPN Zone for any sports nuts in the group. Your group is a little young for the House of Blues, but there is a multi-screen movie theater. I'm not sure of your date range, but the Anaheim Angels open their season in early April and they less than 10 miles away. There is also the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, also less than 10 miles away. If your time frame is in warmer (mid-March on) there is also the LA Beaches to wander on and Santa Monica's open air market. If you're staying on property, you'll also have access to a bunch of pools.

Thanks for the suggestions, we will be there the week after Presidents Day. We were really hoping on seeing the Mighty Ducks as we are big hockey fans, and two of the three kids play hockey, but it is during the Olympic Break. But the ESPN Zone may be fun for them.
Thanks again.

My family and the other families we travel with always enjoy the Medieval Times dinner and show....

There is also a Pirates Adventure Dinner Show (think Medievel Time with Pirates instead of Knights) also in Buena Park.

Don't know where you are staying but at the DLH my dd and I enjoyed just wondering around the grounds and playing with the remote control boats, also the pools are open late.

Also remember that "closing" means no new guests can join the ride queues. Plan on getting into a queue 10-15 minutes prior to closing. Take your time exiting the park as you leave.You could also tour the resorts after the parks close, or watch performers in DD.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.
We are staying at the DLH, so the boats will be great. That is one of my DS favorite things to do at Mk.
Is the Pirate show like the one in Orlando, friends of ours raved about the one there? We were looking into Wild Bills show, as the AAA person we booked with suggested it, only to find out it closed a few years ago. We live in Jersey and the Medieval times is only 45 min. away( a family favorite for Birthdays and such). So a different theme like Pirates would be fun!!!!
I am pretty new to the boards, it is so nice to get input from so many different people, all with different ideas, suggestions and opinions. Thanks again, all.

We really enjoyed DTD. (but of course, I love to shop!)
Build a Bear is fun, and can easily take an hour or more. My son made a hockey player one complete with jersey, helmet, shorts, skates, stick and puck--very cute.

ESPN zone is fun. If you plan on going there, make sure you go to ESPNzone.com and click on MVP club. Fill in the info, print it off, and take it to the gift shop at ESPN. You will get 40 (I think it is) free points to play games with per adult. And we got two cool free coolers. (DS7 uses one for a lunchkit)
It will save you money!

You said two of your kids play hockey....if you have a girl, she may enjoy LibbyLu. DD10 did this our last trip, and really liked that. It is lots of fun.

And as someone else said, the Rainforest Cafe is neat.

You can also do a character meal, I think they do suppers. Though I don't know what time the last seating is for those.

The ESPN Zone tips are great, I am going to try that.
What is Libbylou? One of the hockey players is DD 9, and is still all girl.

mydisneykids said:
The ESPN Zone tips are great, I am going to try that.
What is Libbylou? One of the hockey players is DD 9, and is still all girl.

Club Libby Lu is a place where they do makeovers for the girls. Check out their website at www.clublibbylu.com.

As for the pirate show; yes, it's exactly the same as the one in Orlando. Same brothers who run the Orlando one opened the Buena Park location in what use to be Wild Bill's. We did the one in Orlando; the food wasn't very good but it still was a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter