Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

That video with those dolls might have been the creepiest thing I've ever watched. Even creepier than Dana Altman's movie "Lovely Still"!

Last edited:
Not shocking, but it is a favorite to tell.

We were walking to our excursion in Nassau about 9 am. We saw a man making his own version of a rum and coke. He took a sip of coke from the can and then "added" the rum with a second sip from a bottle.

Sue Ellen-:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I think I may try that

While on an excursion in Grand Cayman, a fight broke out amongst two waiters over a tip left at a table. It got even worse when 5 other waiters and barmen ran over, including one who was swing a chef's knife. Other passengers started running away because the fight was spilling over to other tables and kids started crying when the knife came out. We all got on the next bus to go back to the ship.
When we got back DCL refunded us for the full amount of the excursion.

While on an excursion in Grand Cayman, a fight broke out amongst two waiters over a tip left at a table. It got even worse when 5 other waiters and barmen ran over, including one who was swing a chef's knife. Other passengers started running away because the fight was spilling over to other tables and kids started crying when the knife came out. We all got on the next bus to go back to the ship.
When we got back DCL refunded us for the full amount of the excursion.

and THAT is just one more chit on my side of the Grand Cayman is a h-e-dbl. hockey sticks hole! What a waste of time, it is. Visit Hell for 10 mins (that's enough time) and then glory in all that is just plain crappy....UNLESS you consider any beach a good beach. They have a nice one... but who would suffer through the rest to see that? Its like having to watch 3 Pauly Shore movies before you can see Wall-e

People who pretend that dolls are real children are just plain nuts.
On the other hand tons of people do things that are way "nutser" and far more dangerous to people around them than taking care of a doll as if it were a baby.

and THAT is just one more chit on my side of the Grand Cayman is a h-e-dbl. hockey sticks hole! What a waste of time, it is. Visit Hell for 10 mins (that's enough time) and then glory in all that is just plain crappy....UNLESS you consider any beach a good beach. They have a nice one... but who would suffer through the rest to see that? Its like having to watch 3 Pauly Shore movies before you can see Wall-e

I didn't realize Long Island was so free of violence.

Isn't it interesting how people can perceive the same thing differently? We have never had a bad time in Grand Cayman. It is one of our favourite ports of call. Beautiful water, great snorkelling, nice beach, lovely lizards...

I didn't realize Long Island was so free of violence.

where did I mention violence? in case you misconstrued my reference to Hell, it is a city there.
Other than that, I just plain think Grand Cayman a crappy place.....

oh, and just to be clear....even if Long Island was a horrible, violence and crime-ridden festival or horror (and, to be sure, it has it's spots to avoid) that wouldn't negate the validity of stating someplace else is bad.
for example: IF somebody in Detroit points out how bad Haiti is, the status of Detroit does not weigh in on an evaluation of Haiti.

Yikes, the doll video is creepy. And yes, it doesn't hurt anyone else, but I kind of think it indicates some sort of psychiatric pathology. My 2 cents. And I would not be able to sit at a table and do dinner with that "family." Even if the adult were bright, engaging, and charismatic, the entire time the back of my brain would still be thinking "but what's really going on here??"

The only shocking thing I have is the mom of the boy my 9 yo ds ran around with on our Northern Europe cruise. They had done the ETBA first, and she was mentioning how much fun she had. She had a massage every day, had a mani or pedi every day, and let her 9 yo son stay out until 4:00am every night running with buddies.

while that is true, it does not negate the truth in the original statement.

If someone hoards used toothpicks, he/she may be harmless but is still is on the crazy scale.
Note that "nuts" is not a fact, but an opinion and therefore cannot be truth.

Its worth noting that 1 in 4 people will encounter someone with an illness of the mind. Either their own or a family or friend. It is an illness like any other illness and should be respected.

Terms like 'Nuts' may offend some people who have an illness of the mind.

People are different and have different actions, and different behaviours that's why we are all interesting.

Some behaviours are nurtured some are nature, some are a temporary, some a response to an event, or an imbalance of chemicals in our mind.

A nurtured behaviour might not even be known to the person or even considered in a way that isn't normal.

Like a broken arm or a broken leg an illness of the mind may respond to treatments. We help people with a broken arm or leg, why do we not help someone with an mental illness?

For some the best therapy is to relax, go on a vacation, maybe a cruise.

But we all need to consider equality.

Its worth noting that 1 in 4 people will encounter someone with an illness of the mind. Either their own or a family or friend. It is an illness like any other illness and should be respected.

Terms like 'Nuts' may offend some people who have an illness of the mind.

People are different and have different actions, and different behaviours that's why we are all interesting.

Some behaviours are nurtured some are nature, some are a temporary, some a response to an event, or an imbalance of chemicals in our mind.

A nurtured behaviour might not even be known to the person or even considered in a way that isn't normal.

Like a broken arm or a broken leg an illness of the mind may respond to treatments. We help people with a broken arm or leg, why do we not help someone with an mental illness?

For some the best therapy is to relax, go on a vacation, maybe a cruise.

But we all need to consider equality.

Well said :)

Yes, but sadly you can buy these online too. My sister owned two service dogs prior to her death...I get so sad for those that need service dogs when I see people using dogs as service dogs that are clearly not...case in point the totally matted of of control English Sheepdog I saw at Target this past weekend and the St. Bernard that had no idea how to handle a crowd in the middle of a very busy beach the other day. They both had tags on...sigh! I always say a silent prayer that those that do this will never ever have to experience what my sister and others have gone through to have to get a service dog!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter