Everest Preview, Anyone?

dkostel

DIS Veteran
Any AP holders or DVC owners checking out the Everest preview? I'm going on the Lesboat (ok, its a mostly Lesbian Carnival cruise, probably only I call it the Lesboat) sailing on 1/28 out of Jacksonville, but I had to tack on an extra day to check this one out.
Anyone???
Sweet that we got our own spot on the Dis, today the DIS - tomorrow ??? Come on, we have momentum!

Donna

dkostel said:
Any AP holders or DVC owners checking out the Everest preview?

Marc and I are disembarking the Wonder on the 26th and making our way over to OKW for a quick check-in and then it's off to Everest! This worked out unbelievably well for us! We have a friend who's flying in that day from L.A. to join us and he also is stoked about it!

Michael

I will probably go for CM previews, I'll let you know how it is.

Mike

I can't wait, Mike. Even though we're AP holders there is no way we can make it down again for the January preview after our December trip - way too much debt to work off before our August trip - we will hook up for that trip won't we????

DVC sent us a letter about previews for Members. We are trying to figure out how to incorporate that into our schedules. It is January 26 - 29. At least they put it over a weekend. I have high hopes for this one. Sort of an Imagineering apology for Kali River Rapids.

If anyone rides it soon, please share your thoughts.

Randall

:earsboy:

Hey guys!! for those of you not wanting to wait to meet the Yeti! someone on another forum has posted videos!

---
Be sure to check out these videos here:
http://www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic
---

they're great i cannot wait - i thought it would spoil it but it made me even more exited!!!

have a magical day
David
bogged down with uni work

I'm so jealous!

On my last day at WDW, they were filming scenes for the new planning DVD inside Expedition Everest. The screams coming out of that mountain seemed much more than good acting!!

I'll have to wait until May to go :earsgirl:

Even though we were just there over Christmas, and are heading to Mexico the first week of February, we couldn't help but add on a quick weekend trip to preview EE. We will be there!

Has anyone seen the massive EE spoiler on JIMHillMedia today?

:earseek:

Be warned, it is a massive spoiler of the photographic kind!

I was tempted to look at the spoiler on Jim Hill's site, but decided I could wait a week to see EE in real life. Did I do the right thing?

Hmm... So tempting to go look, but as we'll actually be there in person in a little more than 3 weeks, I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed for an opportunity to catch a soft opening of the ride. Wish us luck! :)

You are both very good :earsgirl:

I wouldn't have peeked if I was gonna brave the mountain in a matter of weeks. But seeing as I will have to wait until May....I had to! (Plus it's a slow day at work and any entertainment is welcome!!)

Well kids, I finally got over today for Cast Member previews. The videos are out there, so I wont go into details on the ride, it's pretty much what you see in the video's. Here are my thoughts......Keep in mind I am a big Disney fan, but also a huge fan of parks like Cedar Point where coasters reach heights of 300 and 400 feet and speeds of over 100 miles per hour.....

$100 million seems like a lot of money to spend on an attraction. Cedar Point built a 420 foot tall 120 mph coaster for $25 million! This leaves me to believe that the theme of the ride is what racked up the price so high. The mountain itself is beautiful, so I guess they got what they paid for.

The que line is practically a museum! The number of artifacts that are in that area is amazing! A sign over one such display caught my eye.....SCAT.....in big hand written letters. Yes folks, Disney has Doo on display! Big old hunks of different types of this stuff..........My bet is this is pulled by Spring!

The storyline of the ride is a trip up the mountain, with a surprise attack by the Yedi. There was only minor flaw in the story line I thought. You approach a section of track that has been mangled by the Yedi before going backwards, then after going backwards you see an animation of the Yedi destroying track. I thought these two scenes should have been reversed. See the Yedi destroying the track before you get there.

One interesting thing I noticed. The transfer tracks between the forward and backward motion do not spin like they would say at the transfer tracks of Big Thunder. They actually flip over like a pancake. Pretty neat thing to see, but I doubt you would notice if you were not looking for it or if you were not in one of the first three rows.

After that you go through the Mountain a little more, then you see the Yedi, for about 5 seconds! My thoughts on this are, If you going to spend so much money on a Yedi, slow the train down so I can the darn thing!

Very nice views of Epcot, the Swan and Dolphin, and even the MK from some parts of the ride, really gives you an idea of the size of the whole Disney property.

Overall if you like Disney coasters you are going to love this one. If you were hoping Disney would finally put a white knuckle attraction, sorry, its a great coaster, but not as fast or furious as Six Flags or Cedar Fair properties.

It will be a huge hit, and lines will be long this summer, USE FAST PASS!

Now onto Desperate Houswives!

OrlandoMike said:
The storyline of the ride is a trip up the mountain, with a surprise attack by the Yedi. There was only minor flaw in the story line I thought. You approach a section of track that has been mangled by the Yedi before going backwards, then after going backwards you see an animation of the Yedi destroying track. I thought these two scenes should have been reversed. See the Yedi destroying the track before you get there.
Mike -- I'm not sure I agree with you. I'm wondering whether the designers were trying to create a "***?!" reaction and then explain it with the shadow. If I already knew the yeti was ripping up tracks, that part of the ride wouldn't be anywhere near the surprise (not that it's a surprise for any of us!). Just a thought. Unfortunately I won't be able to make an informed judgment until at least next year. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter