Everyday Life Swap COMPLETE

? on the sizzix library pocket? it's really small. is there 2 sizes and i just so happen to have the small one?

The Nancy that BAMB jinxed! I felt so bad for you! I'm glad everything settled down for you.

I seem like I've gotten ahead of the game, but only because I've had half days at work (I'm a high school teacher and I'm giving mid-terms). I will slow down considerably on Monday. That's mainly why I've tried to get as much done as I can right now. I'm also heading to WDW in 2 weeks for 5 days so I lose that four day break

Yep that's me....and we are awaiting another storm to come in about rush hour today...

After this week.. I'm ready to head to WDW...just the bank account says no for a few more months! Our common assessments (Middle School mid-terms) are next week according to DD.... We have to work on her HS schedule this weekend to be submitted next week...

I hope to work on my elements as I said this weekend..but maybe even Friday day if the sn** hits and the ice and we have no school..but our school system seems to frown on delays or closures.. :(

? on the sizzix library pocket? it's really small. is there 2 sizes and i just so happen to have the small one?

I don't know if there is a bigger one. I've made mine using a template and hand cutting them. Hence the not so straight lines on the ones you get from me.

I have no idea what you would do with a pocket that small. I bought mine off ebay and really had no idea until I got it that I would never ever really use it.

Yep, I went to check my sizzie one and it's tiny... I still use it for smaller journalling but it's really of now great value.. I was so disappointed in that purchase... :( (I hope I used a coupon and didn't pay full price!)

Do y'all have Doodlecharms? Their "envelope" is what I use to cut my library pockets. Then I glue in a little piece so that the top of the scalloped card sticks out.

This is how I made my pet swap library pocket and card, the one for the scout swap and the one in my kit for Susie's swap. Here are samples:

102_3590.jpg

100_3122.jpg

I fold the top flap in first and glue it to the back of the front piece and then close everything else up. I then put a 1/2" wide strip about 1/2" up from the bottom that I fold in half so that the card has somewhere to sit. It doesn't look totally traditional but it works pretty well.

I like them. They are pretty cute.
What size are you cutting the pocket and tag?

That's the same one I use all the time...

I usually put a top over it. I've used them in so many swaps....

LOVE that little card too :teeth:

I forgot to add that I have my designs sketched and supplies purchased for both groups. I'm planning to work on these this weekend.

I like them. They are pretty cute.
What size are you cutting the pocket and tag?

They are about 3" wide x 4" tall. It is the size I prefer for my library pockets.

I want the doodlecharms for the library pocket and the scalloped top of the tag....

The best part about the tags is that you can cut them out with designs! For the pet swap, I cut the cards with a kitty head cut out at the bottom and backed it with the corresponding paper I used on the front square. I really liked them.

Debbie - How do you put a top on yours?

I put the fold in the front, and then cover with something...I've covered with a pp, a poem, a clip art... I did this one for the pet swap... the lib pocket is on the far left, and the tag had a little paw at the bottom

2884780200098429939yChizX_th.jpg

about library pockets:

I'm adding a pocket to a shape I created graphically and printed onto card stock. I hope this is ok?

Also, I've created templates for most of my designs by hand using straight edges and other random math tools (like a protractor). That's ok, right?

You're a teacher. You have to use tools. :)

Yes, it is totally okay. Not everyone has the Cricut and even those of us that do, still make things by hand.

Of course that is OK! I consider my bug to be a cheater tool. I still cut file folders and slide frames by hand. Don't worry about it. This is seriously the most laid-back group of scrappers you will come across. They are all really lovely. :flower3:

yay! I actually left the circle I was with because it became a requirement to have the machine, cartridge and paper they specified. Free shapes were no longer welcome because it wasn't as easy to completely plan you layout.:confused3 It just took most of the fun out of it because you knew everything about the piece the entire time. At that point, I'd rather just make them myself.

I'm enjoying myself very much and you've all made me feel very welcome:flower3: I really appreciate it.

Not to mention the fact that I've seen alot of what you all make and think it's simply incredible. You haven't lost the art form :cheer2:

yay! I actually left the circle I was with because it became a requirement to have the machine, cartridge and paper they specified. Free shapes were no longer welcome because it wasn't as easy to completely plan you layout.:confused3 It just took most of the fun out of it because you knew everything about the piece the entire time. At that point, I'd rather just make them myself.

I'm enjoying myself very much and you've all made me feel very welcome:flower3: I really appreciate it.

Not to mention the fact that I've seen alot of what you all make and think it's simply incredible. You haven't lost the art form :cheer2:

That doesn't sound like any fun at all! The best part of swapping is the variety. I'm not particularly innovative and I think my stuff is more "cutesy" than sophisticated so I am always thrilled with the variety and quality I get back from our swaps. I would hate having that many rules.

I'm so happy that you feel welcome. We LOVE meeting new people.

yay! I actually left the circle I was with because it became a requirement to have the machine, cartridge and paper they specified.

How could someone grow and learn if everything was mass produced? You may as well go out and buy premade embellies.
WOW!
I'm glad you found us! We try to be as flexible as possible, I mean we have basic requirements like the double matting and such but after that it's free reign.

Glad you found us too...
I don't think I'd be happy being so "confined" in what I could use or make... I like being able to be creative...and have other's share their creativity with me...and my books!!!

Now, if I could only get my act together and get some scrapping done instead of cleaning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter