Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

I see the recommended bus departure on page 1, but I am not too clear on that so wanted to make sure: Should we arrive to the bus stop 90 minutes before park opening or 90 minutes before ETPE (so technically 2 hours before park opening)?

From page 1:

Disney Buses
Buses start running 45-60 mins before ETPE but it’s recommended to arrive at bus stop 90 mins before ETPE begins.

Yes, 2 hours before posted park opening is the recommended time to arrive towards the front of the crowds for ETPE. Note: Buses will not be running 90 mins before ETPE but it will get you towards the front of the line when they are running.

I may be in the minority here. But if I have to arrive at a bus stop 2 hours in advance of park opening just to get on 1-2 attractions without a line it seems counterproductive. I’d rather avoid the 6:00 daily wake-up on vacation 😬 and then use Genie plus or ILL$ to achieve the same result for any key attractions. Also, because we stay deluxe (DVC) we will take advantage of the MK and Epcot late night hours.

Obviously it’s personal preference but am I off base here? Waiting in line for 30 minutes at the bus stop, and then another 45 minutes or so to get into the park is a lot of “line time” to avoid a line at the actual attraction 😊

I may be in the minority here. But if I have to arrive at a bus stop 2 hours in advance of park opening just to get on 1-2 attractions without a line it seems counterproductive. I’d rather avoid the 6:00 daily wake-up on vacation 😬 and then use Genie plus or ILL$ to achieve the same result for any key attractions. Also, because we stay deluxe (DVC) we will take advantage of the MK and Epcot late night hours.

Obviously it’s personal preference but am I off base here? Waiting in line for 30 minutes at the bus stop, and then another 45 minutes or so to get into the park is a lot of “line time” to avoid a line at the actual attraction 😊
It is early but it answered the question asked about what time to get in line in order to take full advantage of ETPE and be at the front of the crowd.

Not all are able to afford Deluxe accommodations so ETPE is a great option for those who wish to take full advantage of their time at WDW without the up-charges of G+ or ILL$.

Last edited:
It is early but it answered the question asked about what time to get in line in order to take full advantage of ETPE and be at the front of the crowd.

Not all are able to afford Deluxe accommodations so ETPE is a great option for those who wish to take full advantage of their time at WDW and aloud the up-charges of G+ or ILL$.

Yes, sorry, I shouldn’t have tagged your post. My comments were not in response to yours but just a general comment on ETPE overall. And completely understood about not having the late night option, and avoiding additional costs. As mentioned, I suspect my opinion is in the minority 😊

Yes, sorry, I shouldn’t have tagged your post. My comments were not in response to yours but just a general comment on ETPE overall. And completely understood about not having the late night option, and avoiding additional costs. As mentioned, I suspect my opinion is in the minority 😊

You aren't really in the minority ... we just happen to be early risers! We plan on purchasing Genie+ and ILL at the end of the month but still love to get to the parks super early! Nothing like hanging at the quiet bus stop with a hot cup of coffee in the mornings and moseying around a quieter park! We always stay deluxe too, but our next trip is Thursday - Monday and the late hours are only Mondays and Wednesdays right now so unfortunately we just miss that. It will be interesting to test out how Genie+ and ILL in addition to ETPE works out. I will be watching posts closely starting October 19. We will have 7 days to hear from others before we try it out for ourselves and see the benefits or not.

I can’t seem to find an answer to this anywhere. If we Uber/Lyft from our Disney springs hotel to ttc, how early to does the monorail run to MK? If we get there at 7:30 will we just have to hold at ttc or is the monorail running to the MK gates for early entry guests? Is there any other way to get closer for MK early entry?

Our hotel is a partner hotel so we qualify, and we only have a very short 2 day trip so want to maximize our time. Thanks In advance for any advice!

Nah I kind of feel the same. My daughter hates waking up early. We do it lol but she’d rather sleep in if she can. We are staying at a deluxe so will definitely take advantage of the nighttime hours. May use genie+ Some days too

Has anyone driven or used Uber for ETPE at Animal Kingdom? I'd like to know what time they began letting cars in?

Thank you!

I can’t seem to find an answer to this anywhere. If we Uber/Lyft from our Disney springs hotel to ttc, how early to does the monorail run to MK? If we get there at 7:30 will we just have to hold at ttc or is the monorail running to the MK gates for early entry guests? Is there any other way to get closer for MK early entry?

Our hotel is a partner hotel so we qualify, and we only have a very short 2 day trip so want to maximize our time. Thanks In advance for any advice!
Has anyone driven or used Uber for ETPE at Animal Kingdom? I'd like to know what time they began letting cars in?

Thank you!
Parking lots are opening approx. 1 hours before ETPE begins so Uber/Lyft would be allowed to enter then also.

I hope someone answers this for you. In the past, the ferry and monorails did not run until 1 hour to 30 minutes before regular park opening. This was even true for AM EMH. I think the assumption is that hotel guests are taking buses, hotel monorail, or walking. I hope they don't do this though, but be prepared if no one answers your question.

So if RD from IG and not interested in Frozen, does it makes sense to try TT at RD? Or is it too much of a disadvantage?

Is Tomorrowland the only entry point for the early morning? If I want to get to 7DMT or Peter Pan I need to go through Tomorrowland?

Magic Kingdom: All guests will be allowed access to the park approx. xx mins before posted park opening time. Those eligible for ETPE will have their bands scanned at the hub entrance to Tomorrowland approx. 40 mins prior to posted park opening time and be permitted to access the open attractions. (Attractions listed below). Guests staying offsite will be directed towards Adventureland and held until posted park opening. (Is there a quick opening show?)

Is Tomorrowland the only entry point for the early morning? If I want to get to 7DMT or Peter Pan I need to go through Tomorrowland?

Magic Kingdom: All guests will be allowed access to the park approx. xx mins before posted park opening time. Those eligible for ETPE will have their bands scanned at the hub entrance to Tomorrowland approx. 40 mins prior to posted park opening time and be permitted to access the open attractions. (Attractions listed below). Guests staying offsite will be directed towards Adventureland and held until posted park opening. (Is there a quick opening show?)
So far this is all that has been reported as the entrances from the other side of the hub (Adventureland and Liberty Square) are being used to hold non-resort guests.

If anything is different, please post and I’ll update post 1.

I've never done rope drop before, but want to give it a go next trip (staying on site). That said, I'm sure it'll be hard to get the girls (16,12) to get up early enough to be able to get there significantly before park open. As a resort guest.. with the current setup where resort guests are getting that extra 30 min, could it work out to shoot for getting there shortly before the early entry window opens? That would get me pretty much at the tail end of the resort guest group but still gets me the early park entry and ahead of the rest of the group?

I hope someone answers this for you. In the past, the ferry and monorails did not run until 1 hour to 30 minutes before regular park opening. This was even true for AM EMH. I think the assumption is that hotel guests are taking buses, hotel monorail, or walking. I hope they don't do this though, but be prepared if no one answers your question.

I'll need to know this too. We are staying onsite and driving everywhere but MK. But, I wanted our first visit to MK to be as Walt intended with the slow reveal/immersion of the transportation.

If that would mean being held someplace and getting behind early entry crowds, we can start our first MK visit in the afternoon with park hoppers.

I've never done rope drop before, but want to give it a go next trip (staying on site). That said, I'm sure it'll be hard to get the girls (16,12) to get up early enough to be able to get there significantly before park open. As a resort guest.. with the current setup where resort guests are getting that extra 30 min, could it work out to shoot for getting there shortly before the early entry window opens? That would get me pretty much at the tail end of the resort guest group but still gets me the early park entry and ahead of the rest of the group?
You will have an advantage over offsite guests but if you head to any of the more popular attractions, a number of onsite guests will be in front of you. You will be in the middle of the crowds which is better than being at the back.
I'll need to know this too. We are staying onsite and driving everywhere but MK. But, I wanted our first visit to MK to be as Walt intended with the slow reveal/immersion of the transportation.

If that would mean being held someplace and getting behind early entry crowds, we can start our first MK visit in the afternoon with park hoppers.
What resort are you staying at? If you're staying at a resort with bus transportation, those traditionally arrive with plenty of time for ETPE, you'll just want to arrive at your stop as early as you can and preferably 90 mins before ETPE begins.

If you're at a monorail resort and want to be towards the front, I highly recommend walking to MK. Yes, if you're too early you may be held at some point but, you will be allowed to proceed in time to arrive for ETPE.

What resort are you staying at? If you're staying at a resort with bus transportation, those traditionally arrive with plenty of time for ETPE, you'll just want to arrive at your stop as early as you can and preferably 90 mins before ETPE begins.

If you're at a monorail resort and want to be towards the front, I highly recommend walking to MK. Yes, if you're too early you may be held at some point but, you will be allowed to proceed in time to arrive for ETPE.

Fort Wilderness. So, we will generally take boat to MK, and the car to everywhere else. But for our first MK visit, I am looking forward to the TTC/ferry arrival as an iconic experience.
We are early birds, so will do early entry.

Fort Wilderness. So, we will generally take boat to MK, and the car to everywhere else. But for our first MK visit, I am looking forward to the TTC/ferry arrival as an iconic experience.
We are early birds, so will do early entry.
Thanks! Hoping someone responds to your question and I will update Post 1 with their information.

Thanks, Does anyone know if they are using the entrance by Tea Cups that is typically used for 7DMT? I guess there still isn't a direct entry into FantasyLand either then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter