Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

With the changes recently I'm hoping they make it 60 minutes again. Except AK some days their EE is 7:30, I can't see getting up and out with 2 toddlers that early.
The 30 mins has been in place for over 2 years now with no discussion of changing it. They could but just to clarify, no changes to 30 min early entry for all parks has been announced by Disney.

We have a keys to the kingdom tour for 8:00 coming up next week - Magic Kingdom doesn’t have early entry until 8:30 - I know we can enter early but my question is how early will the monorail start running? It looks like 1 hour before park opens - would that be 7:30 ? And will that be enough time to get to the tour start - they ask you get there 15 minutes before the tour starts - we will be staying at the Polly - even if we grab a Uber - they are only allowed to drop you at ticket and transportation center -
Any suggestions appreciated

We have a keys to the kingdom tour for 8:00 coming up next week - Magic Kingdom doesn’t have early entry until 8:30 - I know we can enter early but my question is how early will the monorail start running? It looks like 1 hour before park opens - would that be 7:30 ? And will that be enough time to get to the tour start - they ask you get there 15 minutes before the tour starts - we will be staying at the Polly - even if we grab a Uber - they are only allowed to drop you at ticket and transportation center -
Any suggestions appreciated
To be on the earliest possible monorail, it is suggested you arrive at the Poly monorail by 7:00 (if ETPE begins at 8:30) to be in one of the first monorails.

Everyone on your tour is in the same situation you are so Disney transportation must be getting people there in time since there isn’t an option (except Minnie Van) to drop people off at MK.

Arriving at transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins is key. Transportation won’t likely be running that early but it gets you towards the front of the line when it does.

Thank you for pushing the 90 minutes before opening as the arrive at transportation time. It’s worked really well

I haven’t been impressed with early entry. It hasn’t been running well
Saturday DHS- first ride on RNRC then stuck for 50 minutes at TOT as they reduced to one elevator after we were in the building
Sunday MK. - about the 15th group for SM but it opened around 10 minutes late which doesn’t sound bad until you consider it’s a third of the event
Today at Epcot - my crazies managed to get themselves to the rope. First group for test track And now they were told it won’t open on time

ETA: it opened at 9:02

Is this just a trick to get us here early to make the morning transportation and security screen process easier for Disney?

Last edited:
So surprised. Yet again at early entry. Again literally first for bus, first to test track and they wait until we get there to tell us to go somewhere else. It’s not going to be ready.

If we are staying at Drury Plaza, I believe we have early entry but I remember reading somewhere that Drury Plaza used to have this perk but it has since gone away. Can anyone confirm? Also, if we DO have it, how long before early entry should we be at the parks to wait for the gates to open?

Thank you! I read somewhere that this perk had been taken away (could have been just a rumour as Drury Plaza is still listed!). We plan to Uber/Lyft to the early entry parks - if doing this, how early should we be at the park? 90 minutes as some parks let you in early and hold?

Most parking lots will not be open for drop off 90 mins before ETPE. I would aim for 60 mins if it were me. A friend is at Drury this week and using their shuttle service. I've asked her if they used it for ETPE. Will update here once I hear back.

Is Remy down that often during EE for resort guest? We would like to utilize the IG entry, but I'm concerned of the chances it won't be up and running when we get there. Does the colder temperatures increase the odds? If so that would be a complete waste of my EE strategy. Advice?

Is Remy down that often during EE for resort guest? We would like to utilize the IG entry, but I'm concerned of the chances it won't be up and running when we get there. Does the colder temperatures increase the odds? If so that would be a complete waste of my EE strategy. Advice?
Remy is not an attraction that has an above average downtime. You can find Remy stats on Thrill-data.

Remy is not an attraction that has an above average downtime. You can find Remy stats on Thrill-data.
Good to know. I remember I was told that Slinky Dog and many of the roller coasters can have a harder time to start up in colder temperatures. Luckily it was good to go back in January 2021 for us to ride it twice without waiting.

I won’t go out of my way to use IG for Remy, I will do it if I am staying IG. If you are not staying at an IG resort and plan to do Frozen that day I see no meaningful time saved going out of your way to do EE Remy over Frozen + you run the risk of Remy being down and not able to easily pivot to other attractions. The risk of Remy being down is not so great that I avoid IG EE though when staying at an IG resort.

I won’t go out of my way to use IG for Remy, I will do it if I am staying IG. If you are not staying at an IG resort and plan to do Frozen that day I see no meaningful time saved going out of your way to do EE Remy over Frozen + you run the risk of Remy being down and not able to easily pivot to other attractions. The risk of Remy being down is not so great that I avoid IG EE though when staying at an IG resort.
Ya. I don't plan on doing Frozen. I'll start looking for the downtimes for Remy in December.

Do you expect or has anyone seen parks open before early entry during light / moderate crowd days in September? If so how early? We'd like to take advantage but are traveling with 3 and 6 year olds with low patience thresholds:)

Do you expect or has anyone seen parks open before early entry during light / moderate crowd days in September? If so how early? We'd like to take advantage but are traveling with 3 and 6 year olds with low patience thresholds:)
A lot of information re:ETPE in post 1.

To be towards the front of the crowd you will want to arrive at your resort transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter