Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I think I am close to understanding this. One last question. If I book a LL at 7 for 9:10 time at MK on a day MK opens at 9 and I tap in to the ride at 9:15, am I then eligible to book another LL immediately or do I still need to wait until 11 to book another one?
Yes you can book another one as soon as you tap in.

I was thinking in the back of my head if that might be the case, but I thought we tried something similar in March and it didn't work as expected. I thought if we had a LL in the queue later in the day, the 2-hour requirement came into play for all other LLs prior. There was a time they tried to close a loophole where people were grabbing an extra LL after tapping into one. Even after using it a dozen times this year. I'm still learning cans and cannots!
So many rules!

When are people buying G+ these days? When I was at WDW in May I had a very hard time purchasing G+ any time after 6:40 am. It would not allow me to simply purchase G+ from any of the links earlier than 7:00 am and then not after 7:00 am without also attempting to book a time-slot. I finally figured out that I could tap on a time slot and system would let me buy G+ but I then had to go back and actually book a time slot. That ate up precious seconds/minutes.

Is the system working better these days at 7:00? I really don't want to stay awake past midnight and then get up less than 7 hours later to fork over money for G+.

Are those with MNSSHP tickets allowed to book Genie+ with their tickets? Planning to be at MK that day and want to stack a few rides for 4-6pm. Wondering if I'd be competing with party goers.

Headed to Disney World July 24, 2022
I have read a lot of Genie+ information and even tried it at Disneyland yesterday. I am still confused. Can someone explain or provide a link to understanding how you stack return times? Yesterday and I could only have one return time or at least that is how it seemed?

How do Magic Bands work with Genie+? I do not want to pull out my phone all the time. Please explain how the magic bands works with Genie+ and also with DAS if you know.

Thank you so much for the help.

Disneyland is much better for Genie plus as usually your return time falls within 2 hours of booking the ride, the time constraint to booking your next ride, so you're riding that ride, then making your next selection.

Disney World is rough because other than a few exceptions, most of the time, your return times will be greater than 2 hours. So because of that, people will try to get return times for mid to late afternoon for the first ride, then with each selection starting 2 hours after park opening.

Example at Hollywood Studios (no idea if this would be close to accurate so don't use as actual guide)

7am - book first ride 5pm return for Slinky Dog Dash
Also at 7, you can book your ILL$ for Rise of the Resistance - 630pm
8:30 - park opens
10:30 - eligible to book next LL - 6pm return for Millennium Falcon.
12:30 - eligible to book next LL - 4pm for Rocking rollercoaster
2:30 - eligible to book next LL - 4pm for Tower of Terror.
4pm - you have 2 rides booked. When you scan into Tower of Terror, (last ride booked), you can choose next LL, even if the 2 hour window hasn't expired. Scan into ToT at 4:05
4:06 - eligible to book next LL - Star Tours at 6pm.

So, now, with all your return times in the afternoon, they're stacked one after the other and you'll have a few hours of not waiting in line as you go from one LL to the next.

Unfortunately, your magic band doesn't do much for you as far as not having to use your phone. The magic band only scans you into the park and onto each Lightning Lane. You still need your phone to book the next LL pass, etc. If you are booking each return time for 2+ hours out, , just set an alarm for your next pass selection time, which for pass 2, is always 2 hours after the park opens, then every 2 hours after. The part where you really need your phone is if the ride you want is sold out, but you want to keep trying anyway due to random drops either from Disney or another guest just cancelled, you may want to try refreshing for 10 to 15 minutes to see if that ride ever opens up. But again, all on your phone.

With DAS, I'm not as familiar, but I believe for that, you go to the ride and get a return time that is usually as far into the future as if you had stayed in line. It just gives those who are unable to wait in line, the freedom to wait in line from somewhere else.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Headed to Disney World July 24, 2022
I have read a lot of Genie+ information and even tried it at Disneyland yesterday. I am still confused. Can someone explain or provide a link to understanding how you stack return times? Yesterday and I could only have one return time or at least that is how it seemed?

How do Magic Bands work with Genie+? I do not want to pull out my phone all the time. Please explain how the magic bands works with Genie+ and also with DAS if you know.

Thank you so much for the help.
Post 5 of this thread explains a couple different stacking options.

If your LL time is open to return to an attraction, you will be able to scan your band to access the LL for the attraction. You will not need to use your phone. The same will happen if you have a DAS return time.

I’ve been doing LOTS of reading trying to prepare for our October trip. I keep reading about people “stacking” their LL for late afternoon/ evening. So they say at 7am they book their first one for a ride late that afternoon, and go from there.
My question is this: how are they getting a LL time to show up for that late when they are booking at 7am? Because from what I see every time I look, you do not get to choose a LL time, and early in the morning all the available times show as much earlier.
Thank you !!

I’ve been doing LOTS of reading trying to prepare for our October trip. I keep reading about people “stacking” their LL for late afternoon/ evening. So they say at 7am they book their first one for a ride late that afternoon, and go from there.
My question is this: how are they getting a LL time to show up for that late when they are booking at 7am? Because from what I see every time I look, you do not get to choose a LL time, and early in the morning all the available times show as much earlier.
Thank you !!
Post 5 of this thread explains stacking. Some of the more popular attractions very quickly display return times later in the day/evening.

Post 5 of this thread explains stacking. Some of the more popular attractions very quickly display return times later in the day/evening.
I have studied that post 😊 I’m just trying to figure out how at 7 am they book an evening LL- I must not be looking at the same rides I guess

Due to our flight time, I won’t be able to start scheduling LL for MK until we land around 9:40 am. We don’t plan to go to the park until around 5 or 6pm. As of now MK is open until 10pm. Does it still make sense to use genie+ this day, or will I be too far behind everyone else that’s stacking LLs? We have another day and a half planned at MK for our trip.

Thanks!

Due to our flight time, I won’t be able to start scheduling LL for MK until we land around 9:40 am. We don’t plan to go to the park until around 5 or 6pm. As of now MK is open until 10pm. Does it still make sense to use genie+ this day, or will I be too far behind everyone else that’s stacking LLs? We have another day and a half planned at MK for our trip.

Thanks!
You will only have missed the 7AM drop so if it were me, if I was planning on purchasing G+ that day I still would. What might make a difference is taking into consideration what time we need to wake up for our flight? If you're already in the air at 7AM you may not find you want to stay very late in the park.

You will only have missed the 7AM drop so if it were me, if I was planning on purchasing G+ that day I still would. What might make a difference is taking into consideration what time we need to wake up for our flight? If you're already in the air at 7AM you may not find you want to stay very late in the park.
That’s a good point about being up early. Our flight is at 6am, so it will be a long day. We usually run on adrenaline the first day!

hi.
We are arriving at Hollywood studios around 3. It is our first park. If we start stacking at 7 will our return times be too early? Any suggestions on how to go about making the most of being awake at 7 just not at the park? Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter