Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Just reading through the first page and read this
"All guests (onsite and offsite) are eligible to book their first LL at 7:00 am. This can be done from any location, as long as you have a park reservation and park ticket for the day."
Do we still require a park reservation in order to buy G+ and ILL$? How about for joining virtual queues?
thanks
No park reservations are needed for date-based ticketed guests, even if you're purchasing Genie+ or ILL$. You also don't need one to join a virtual queue, but my understanding is you can only choose 1 VQ at a time. If you have an AP you need park reservations to go to your first park but you can select Genie+ rides in any park since park hopping is available.

No park reservations are needed for date-based ticketed guests, even if you're purchasing Genie+ or ILL$. You also don't need one to join a virtual queue, but my understanding is you can only choose 1 VQ at a time. If you have an AP you need park reservations to go to your first park but you can select Genie+ rides in any park since park hopping is available.
Thank You! I believe I have date based tickets :) They start on March 12th, so I guess I don't need to make park reservations. When I stumble around the app and simulate buying an ILL$, it indicates I don't have a valid linked admission for the park where the experience is located, which led me to believe I would eventually need a park reservation to book it.
Thanks for confirming I don't!

Thank You! I believe I have date based tickets :) They start on March 12th, so I guess I don't need to make park reservations. When I stumble around the app and simulate buying an ILL$, it indicates I don't have a valid linked admission for the park where the experience is located, which led me to believe I would eventually need a park reservation to book it.
Thanks for confirming I don't!
Have a great trip!

With regards to Tron, I read somewhere that they are currently permitting an extra hour to make your return time/reservation (so essentially a 2 hour window now instead of just 1); was this for the virtual queue or an $ILL?

We have had one report of this but am not sure which it was for. Not sure I'd want to risk it personally but if others wish to share their recent experiences if they arrived over an hour late, that would be greatly appreciated!

We were allowed late entry for our Tron VQ because it ended up overlapping with our dining reservation (Jungle Skipper, so across the park on top of it). We were told to bring the receipt from the restaurant, which we did, to verify that the time on the receipt did in fact conflict with returning for our VQ time. While they did not end up checking the receipt and took us at our word, I'm almost positive that this is a YMMV situation and maybe they saw we had our receipt out already to show them if asked.

We were allowed late entry for our Tron VQ because it ended up overlapping with our dining reservation (Jungle Skipper, so across the park on top of it). We were told to bring the receipt from the restaurant, which we did, to verify that the time on the receipt did in fact conflict with returning for our VQ time. While they did not end up checking the receipt and took us at our word, I'm almost positive that this is a YMMV situation and maybe they saw we had our receipt out already to show them if asked.
Ok; thanks to both of you. Don't think I'm willing to risk it then as I have yet to ride it and have only 2 days there next week. I'm doing 3 parks those days so would have been nice to have a bit of a buffer there in case my hopping times move around a bit.

I've done Gotg a few times with single digit boarding group numbers and then getting there late afternoon; very nice.

I now know I can only purchase two ILL per day (sad face), but can I split that up among my party of 6?
3 people to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
3 people to Tron
6 people to Rise

Question about stacking: On the first page, some recommend "stacking" LLs at Hollywood Studios. Does that depend on what return time (assuming you get one) you get for SDD? In other words, if the return time is later, should you stack, but if you get lucky and snag an earlier time, should your strategy be more like MK and ride as often as possible? I guess to simplify my question, does your return time for SDD sort of set the tone of whether you should stack or not at HS? Thanks

Question about stacking: On the first page, some recommend "stacking" LLs at Hollywood Studios. Does that depend on what return time (assuming you get one) you get for SDD? In other words, if the return time is later, should you stack, but if you get lucky and snag an earlier time, should your strategy be more like MK and ride as often as possible? I guess to simplify my question, does your return time for SDD sort of set the tone of whether you should stack or not at HS? Thanks
Strictly an amateur here but it really depends on what fits your schedule best. If you do snag an early SDD you can modify to a later time while continuing to stack.

I have a few questions about ILLs, from the perspective of kid free adults who stay offsite, like to sleep in and show up at the parks around noon and stay until close.

1. What time has ILL for GOTG been selling out since 1/9? I have zero problem paying to ride, but when I checked today around 11am it seems they were already sold out. This is a problem since we do not stay onsite.

2. How about FOP, which was also sold out when I checked at 11am?

3. ILL for Tron seems to last MUCH longer, its still showing available right now at 1pm with a return time of 3:20. Is this typical? Does the return time just get later and later as the day goes on. I;m really only interested in riding it at night, so do I just have to wait until the return time gets into a range I want before purchasing? I assume this is what most people do so I imagine once the return time gets to like 6pm, it sells out really quickly. If they were smart they would charge a much higher price for nightime ILLs.

3. Can I buy ILL for all 3 rides later in the day and hold them simultaneously, even if I;ve never entered that specific park yet?

I have a few questions about ILLs, from the perspective of kid free adults who stay offsite, like to sleep in and show up at the parks around noon and stay until close.

1. What time has ILL for GOTG been selling out since 1/9? I have zero problem paying to ride, but when I checked today around 11am it seems they were already sold out. This is a problem since we do not stay onsite.

2. How about FOP, which was also sold out when I checked at 11am?

3. ILL for Tron seems to last MUCH longer, its still showing available right now at 1pm with a return time of 3:20. Is this typical? Does the return time just get later and later as the day goes on. I;m really only interested in riding it at night, so do I just have to wait until the return time gets into a range I want before purchasing? I assume this is what most people do so I imagine once the return time gets to like 6pm, it sells out really quickly. If they were smart they would charge a much higher price for nightime ILLs.

I would check out the Thrill Data website for information about what times ILLs sell out since they're actually keeping track of that.

Also, when you purchase an ILL, you pick the return time. Think of it like booking a movie ticket online. If you are staying on property, at 7am you can select your return time for that day and purchase your ILL. So while Tron might be showing that a 3:20 return time is available, that might be the only time left for the day. Unlike regular LLs, ILLs are not distributed based on next available.

I would check out the Thrill Data website for information about what times ILLs sell out since they're actually keeping track of that.

Also, when you purchase an ILL, you pick the return time. Think of it like booking a movie ticket online. If you are staying on property, at 7am you can select your return time for that day and purchase your ILL. So while Tron might be showing that a 3:20 return time is available, that might be the only time left for the day. Unlike regular LLs, ILLs are not distributed based on next available.

Thanks, that website is very useful although discouraging for offsite guests.

3. Can I buy ILL for all 3 rides later in the day and hold them simultaneously, even if I;ve never entered that specific park yet?
Only 2 ILLs per person. You can definitely hold two and save them, even if you haven’t entered the park. I had both a GotG and Tron. I’d suggest if you want to do all three, prioritize those two to buy since there’s no option for a standby queue. Hit FoP right before AK closing it you can swing it.

At the parks now and they definitely make a statement if you are late for any lighting lane reservation

The CM at Peter Pan and HM gave us a legitimate hard time but did let us in. We were very kind but they just said you are over and hour late don’t let it happen again.

At the parks now and they definitely make a statement if you are late for any lighting lane reservation

The CM at Peter Pan and HM gave us a legitimate hard time but did let us in. We were very kind but they just said you are over and hour late don’t let it happen again.
Lighting Lanes have 5 min prior and 15 min after window and that is it. I'm very surprised you were able to use more than an hour late as many would have turned you away and that would have been understandable.

LL are not 'use when you please' or it defeats the purpose.

Lighting Lanes have 5 min prior and 15 min after window and that is it. I'm very surprised you were able to use more than an hour late as many would have turned you away and that would have been understandable.

LL are not 'use when you please' or it defeats the purpose.

They don’t disappear from MDE when the times up, then?

An hour and 20 minutes time slot seems more than reasonable.

They don’t disappear from MDE when the times up, then?

An hour and 20 minutes time slot seems more than reasonable.
I'm honestly not sure if they disappear as I haven't allowed any of mine to expire since I know I could not get that attraction again. In cases where something happened and I wasn't going to arrive in time I modified either to a later time or, a different attraction at a later time.

Did the light turn blue first? I was over an hour late for Jungle Cruise 2 months ago and it turned green immediately when I scanned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter