Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

I'm a little confused, but probably shouldn't be so just need to confirm....I'm an AP going to HS first on Sat., 1/6. Am I still able to hop to MK after 2pm? My confusion is around the, "except MK on Sat/Sun" verbiage. It sounds like I can't go to MK on the weekends but I read other posts that say you can hop to MK on the weekends. Thanks for your help!

I'm a little confused, but probably shouldn't be so just need to confirm....I'm an AP going to HS first on Sat., 1/6. Am I still able to hop to MK after 2pm? My confusion is around the, "except MK on Sat/Sun" verbiage. It sounds like I can't go to MK on the weekends but I read other posts that say you can hop to MK on the weekends. Thanks for your help!
You can't enter MK without a reservation on the weekends. You can absolutely hop to MK on the weekends (once you've checked in to the other park you have the reservation at).

Also, on 1/6 you can hop after 2:00.

Question: I am an AP and I understand we still need to make a park reservation for each day we are there. Scenario: Wed 3-13 I have a reservation for HS, can I try for a virtual que for Guardians that same day or can I buy Guardians for that day? What if my time is before 2pm? I would love to be able to ride Guardians for each of my 3 days that I am there?

Question: I am an AP and I understand we still need to make a park reservation for each day we are there. Scenario: Wed 3-13 I have a reservation for HS, can I try for a virtual que for Guardians that same day or can I buy Guardians for that day? What if my time is before 2pm? I would love to be able to ride Guardians for each of my 3 days that I am there?
Since park hopping restrictions are gone now, you can absolutely purchase ILL for GOTG that day - the 2PM hopping is gone as of 1/9/24. Your other question about VQ I'm not as sure about, but I believe you should be able to reserve a VQ spot for the "7AM queue", but will need to be in EP to make one for the later VQ drop - but perhaps someone with direct experience can speak to that.

In order to book a VQ at 7AM you will need to have a park reservation at Epcot. Once you book your VQ you can change your park reservation to DHS.

Out-of-state Incredi-Pass holder here.

As I understand it, I still need park reservations, even though I'm staying on-site.

My question is about hopping and excludes good-to-go days.

I can hop after 2 p.m. even without a reservation, except Saturdays and Sundays at MK. Right?

But let's say I have a park reservation at Park 1 and maybe I never make it there but at noon I want to go to another park. Can I then just go to Park 2? Or do I still have to go to Park 1 first before hopping? Or do I have to wait until 2 p.m. in order to avoid going to Park 1?

Or, if I have a reservation, do I have to cancel it before I can go to Park 2, no matter what time it is?

Yes, I'm confused. Thanks for some guidance on this!

Out-of-state Incredi-Pass holder here.

As I understand it, I still need park reservations, even though I'm staying on-site.

My question is about hopping and excludes good-to-go days.

I can hop after 2 p.m. even without a reservation, except Saturdays and Sundays at MK. Right?

But let's say I have a park reservation at Park 1 and maybe I never make it there but at noon I want to go to another park. Can I then just go to Park 2? Or do I still have to go to Park 1 first before hopping? Or do I have to wait until 2 p.m. in order to avoid going to Park 1?

Or, if I have a reservation, do I have to cancel it before I can go to Park 2, no matter what time it is?

Yes, I'm confused. Thanks for some guidance on this!
You may park hop as soon as you have tapped into the park that you have a reservation for. You do not need to wait until 2PM.

You must have a park reservation for whichever park you enter first unless the first park you visit is after 2PM. The one exception to this is if you visit the MK on a Saturday or Sunday you must have a park reservation whatever time you wish to arrive.

I would suggest reading the details provided on the Disney website.

You may park hop as soon as you have tapped into the park that you have a reservation for. You do not need to wait until 2PM.

You must have a park reservation for whichever park you enter first unless the first park you visit is after 2PM. The one exception to this is if you visit the MK on a Saturday or Sunday you must have a park reservation whatever time you wish to arrive.

I would suggest reading the details provided on the Disney website.
Thanks. I've read all this and what I still don't understand--and I probably didn't make this clear with my question--is this:

If I already have a reservation at Park 1 but I never go there and don't cancel it, can I still go to Park 2 after 2 p.m. without having gone to Park 1 first?

Thanks!

If I already have a reservation at Park 1 but I never go there and don't cancel it, can I still go to Park 2 after 2 p.m. without having gone to Park 1 first?

Thanks!
Yes, unless the park you want to go to after 2PM is the Magic Kingdom on a Saturday or Sunday.

I searched the site (may have missed it) - any intel on how reliable buses between them parks are in the earlier hours of park hopping (10 a.m.)? Looking at four parks in one day, and needing to get between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

I searched the site (may have missed it) - any intel on how reliable buses between them parks are in the earlier hours of park hopping (10 a.m.)? Looking at four parks in one day, and needing to get between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.
I have not seen any reports but another option could be to walk/monorail to Contemporary and take a bus to AK from there if you’re wanting to hop before PH buses begin running.

Not as efficient, but an option.

Although I have not tried it since the 2PM PH time was dropped, I have found PH buses reliable when I used them in the past.

Also, on 1/6 you can hop after 2:00.
Also an AP holder here, I have a AK reservation on a Saturday, and want to visit MK on the same day. Can I tap into AK at say 9am and then park hop to MK at noon, or do I have to wait until 2PM to get into MK without a reservation for MK?

Also an AP holder here, I have a AK reservation on a Saturday, and want to visit MK on the same day. Can I tap into AK at say 9am and then park hop to MK at noon, or do I have to wait until 2PM to get into MK without a reservation for MK?
Yes, you can do that. The quoted posted was dated for a Jan 6 question which is before park hopping changes took place Jan 9th.

Since you are visiting AK first, you will be eligible to hop to MK as soon as you tap into MK.

We will be starting one of our days at AK and hopping to MK. What time do we need to be at the Buses at AK to make it inside MK to book a VQ for Tron at 1:00pm?

We will be starting one of our days at AK and hopping to MK. What time do we need to be at the Buses at AK to make it inside MK to book a VQ for Tron at 1:00pm?
If it were me I'd err on the side of caution and allow 90 mins to hop. I know this is the recommended amount of time to get to an ADR. You may get a bus right away or you may need to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter