Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

No, you’ll have to wait until you renew (60 days before expiration of your current AP, at the earliest). I ran into this trying to make park reservations for our July trip. It would let me book for myself from the resort reservation AP bucket, but it wouldn’t let me book for DH because we hadn’t renewed his AP yet. As soon as his renewal was linked to him in MDE, we were good to book park ressies.
Thanks so much, @CarolynFH! Fortunately both our renewal dates are several months in advance, so the park reservations shouldn't be a problem.

Do anyone know why July 6th has no reservations for Annual Passholders? We have Platinum Pass.
Hi again… I also wanted to answer your question.
I admit to getting confused with30 day/60 day windows and park Pass and all the other Genie stuff!
I did just realize that AP calendar Park Pass is only opening for month of April dates and they keep adding … so July Calendar Window not open yet unless you also have a resort reservation.
I also should mention that dining window is only opening thru June 2 …
So confused

Another reminder to keep an eye on your renewal windows for AP because I grabbed price as soon as I could in advance in case WDW increased prices again!
More confusion
I can accept Mickey as my daily friend to keep checking but do not want to make Genie my everyday need to know what is goin on what am I eligible for DId something open up just in case log in log out.

You will see an example in my post #379 of what the park Pass window looks like with 2 APs old Platinumexpires 4/27 and just renewed IncrediPass for year activates 4/28 I guess .
To avoid confusion hopefully.
Altho Disney has confused me by granting Bonus Pass that won’t open anything (See Post 379 )
Does anybody know what that is ?

Might as well show this again :

72B7C9BB-E58B-4656-BF43-F3185C76746A.png

Last edited:
This thread is designed to assist people with park reservations. Unless the AP discussion specifically has to do with park reservations, please take the AP discussion to another thread.

After this, and AP discussion not related directly to obtaining a park reservation will be removed.

Thanks.

How do park reservations work? How early do you make them? We are going in October over fall break. We are getting the military park hopper. I’m afraid parks will be full for when we are going.

How do park reservations work? How early do you make them? We are going in October over fall break. We are getting the military park hopper. I’m afraid parks will be full for when we are going.
Once you buy your tickets you can make a park reservation on the website or the app. As long as you book at least 60 days out you shouldn't have a problem making reservations.

Once you buy your tickets you can make a park reservation on the website or the app. As long as you book at least 60 days out you shouldn't have a problem making reservations.
Thank you. I didn’t know if I need to buy the tickets right now and make reservations. I was planning on getting them in a month or two.

Thank you. I didn’t know if I need to buy the tickets right now and make reservations. I was planning on getting them in a month or two.
I would not wait to get your tickets or make your reservations unless your trip is a year from now because you want to get the parks you want, not the parks that're left.

I would recommend you read Post 1 of this thread as it has a lot of information re: park reservations.

You will not be able to book a park reservation until you have purchased tickets and lined them to MDE.

Is there any way to remove my MIL from our park reservations since she decided not to come with us. I only see the option to cancel our park reservations instead of modify.

Is there any way to remove my MIL from our park reservations since she decided not to come with us. I only see the option to cancel our park reservations instead of modify.
When I was changing our park reservations the other day, I had the option to check off individual guests or Select All when I was canceling the original ones. If that’s not an option, it’s not required to cancel her park passes, as there’s no penalty for not showing up. It’s just a courtesy to maybe allow someone else to book.

When I was changing our park reservations the other day, I had the option to check off individual guests or Select All when I was canceling the original ones. If that’s not an option, it’s not required to cancel her park passes, as there’s no penalty for not showing up. It’s just a courtesy to maybe allow someone else to book.
I might just keep it as is then because my dates are completely booked. Would I just have to unselect her when buying genie+?

dumb question maybe but do the park passes usually sell out on non spring break, non holiday type days? Going in early May and was thinking I wouldn't have any trouble with park passes since it was after spring break and not on the weekend but already seeing MK and HS sold out on multiple days. I could be wrong but thought the park passes were only really limited during holidays and the latest spring break crowds, i hadn't really seen an issue during the other "off-times"

dumb question maybe but do the park passes usually sell out on non spring break, non holiday type days? Going in early May and was thinking I wouldn't have any trouble with park passes since it was after spring break and not on the weekend but already seeing MK and HS sold out on multiple days. I could be wrong but thought the park passes were only really limited during holidays and the latest spring break crowds, i hadn't really seen an issue during the other "off-times"
Yes they can sell out. There are A LOT of people travelling right now and Disney is extremely busy even after what would be normal peak periods.

I was helping a couple of families book Disney trips in late Feb/early March, looking for dates in May and even then there was zero availability at any of the Disney resorts even 2 months in advance!

My recommendation is to purchase tickets and book park reservations as soon as possible as parks are filling up early.

Ugh I’m kind of frustrated rn

So I’m in the Disney College Program and I’ve been here for a couple months. I got fed up with all the blockout dates (last time I could go to MK with my cast ticket was a month ago and the next time I could technically go back is May 1st and then most of the time HS and AK are blocked out as well and even when they aren’t it’s hard to get reservations) so I bought an annual pass a couple days ago (the pixie dust one).

I was luckily able to get a reservation for MK yesterday so that was great but I’ve been trying and trying and trying to get a reservation today for any park and absolutely nothing is available. And that pass is blocked out the next 2 weeks so I’m just a bit annoyed I buy my pass and go for a day and then can’t go again for a couple weeks. Maybe I’m being a spoiled brat LOL. But does anyone have any tips? Do they usually release more reservations for APs toward the end of the day as the parks clear out? TIA

Ugh I’m kind of frustrated rn

So I’m in the Disney College Program and I’ve been here for a couple months. I got fed up with all the blockout dates (last time I could go to MK with my cast ticket was a month ago and the next time I could technically go back is May 1st and then most of the time HS and AK are blocked out as well and even when they aren’t it’s hard to get reservations) so I bought an annual pass a couple days ago (the pixie dust one).

I was luckily able to get a reservation for MK yesterday so that was great but I’ve been trying and trying and trying to get a reservation today for any park and absolutely nothing is available. And that pass is blocked out the next 2 weeks so I’m just a bit annoyed I buy my pass and go for a day and then can’t go again for a couple weeks. Maybe I’m being a spoiled brat LOL. But does anyone have any tips? Do they usually release more reservations for APs toward the end of the day as the parks clear out? TIA
I’m sorry you can’t get reservations. Disappointing for sure! I’m not sure about more reservations being added the night before but some have reported having success the day of as people’s plans change and they cancel. The challenge is you may need to check frequently as many are in the same boat as you and trying to find last minute reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter