Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Just in case anyone missed the news, Disney is now allowing mask-less photos, including PhotoPass photographers (technically starts tomorrow, but word from the parks is that PhotoPass photographers are already allowing it today).

It's specifically for outdoor photos, and only for when you're staying still to pose for the shot! I think that distinction is important!

Has anyone that has tried to upgrade to AP and been given a note/future credit on their account (for upgrade when APs are being sold again) gotten the value of MM included in that? I tried to search but couldn’t find any info.

Only in the app on Apple devices and it appears as if you need to have either purchased Memory Maker, have an Annual Pass with the download entitlement, or purchase the individual photo.
This is what I was reading through the threads to find out. We’ve only done MM once, many many years ago. Before that we had purchased individual photos a couple of times. So does this mean that even if I don’t buy MM I can still have photos taken and purchase them individually from the website if I choose?

I will be in WDW June 14-June 19 and want to get the Memory Maker. The current offer says I can download all pictures from January 4 - June 18 and I understand this offer is that it extends the photo availability for download past the normal 30 day deadline. This may be a dumb question but I'll still be able to see pics I get taken on June 19, yes??

Seeing now I should've posted this in the pinned thread about MM and photos. ugh, sorry..... can't see how I can delete this.

I will be in WDW June 14-June 19 and want to get the Memory Maker. The current offer says I can download all pictures from January 4 - June 18 and I understand this offer is that it extends the photo availability for download past the normal 30 day deadline. This may be a dumb question but I'll still be able to see pics I get taken on June 19, yes??

You will always see any unexpired pictures in your PhotoPass account. If those pictures are not eligible to be downloaded, they will have a watermark on them and you can purchase them separately.

You will always see any unexpired pictures in your PhotoPass account. If those pictures are not eligible to be downloaded, they will have a watermark on them and you can purchase them separately.

Is something changing with Memory Maker starting June 18th? I saw the thread in the theme parks board, but then it was merged to this huge thread and it seems like there may be a change, but I don't know when it was posted or where to look for the info.

Any info. would be appreciated! Thanks!

Is something changing with Memory Maker starting June 18th? I saw the thread in the theme parks board, but then it was merged to this huge thread and it seems like there may be a change, but I don't know when it was posted or where to look for the info.

Any info. would be appreciated! Thanks!
As far as I know, they are referring to the special offer that ends on June 18. It’s been available since January. So you can use it for multiple trips during that time period. Normally it’s only good for one day or one trip depending on the package purchased.

As far as I know, they are referring to the special offer that ends on June 18. It’s been available since January. So you can use it for multiple trips during that time period. Normally it’s only good for one day or one trip depending on the package purchased.
Oh, okay thanks for sharing. This is the first I've heard of it. We bought memory maker during our trip in March, but was never told anything about that. Good to know, thanks again!

Oh, okay thanks for sharing. This is the first I've heard of it. We bought memory maker during our trip in March, but was never told anything about that. Good to know, thanks again!
No problem! We also bought it in March. We’ll be back at the end of May/beginning of June. So I decided it was worth it for us, since I can use it for both trips.

I purchased MM this past November and used it at that time. We are here now (in April) and did not purchase MM this time. In MDE when I click on photos however my ride photos are showing up and it asked me if I would like to activate my photos. Do you think my memory maker from November is still good or if I click on activate will it charge me for a whole new memory maker for this current trip?

I have purchased Memory Maker before, but never with a split stay. If I have 2 back to back, on site reservations, and purchase the MM with the first stay, will it carry over to my 2nd resort stay as well? 12 nights total, if that matters.

I have purchased Memory Maker before, but never with a split stay. If I have 2 back to back, on site reservations, and purchase the MM with the first stay, will it carry over to my 2nd resort stay as well? 12 nights total, if that matters.
You'll be fine. Your resort reservation has nothing to do with Memory Maker.

They way I understand it (and anyone please correct me if I'm mistaken), the "clock" on Memory Maker doesn't start until you activate it by downloading a photo. From that point, you have 30 days of unlimited downloads of any photo that hasn't expired (photos expire 45 days after the date they were taken). One exception is that if you got the Advance Purchase discount, you can only download photos that were taken at least 3 days after you purchased Memory Maker.

We have two park days planned in May. Should I buy two single day MM?

I would wait to see how many photos you get. You can buy one day memory maker for same price after the fact. I have done that many times. Bought one or 2 days for a trip when I have seen how good my photos were first.

You'll be fine. Your resort reservation has nothing to do with Memory Maker.

They way I understand it (and anyone please correct me if I'm mistaken), the "clock" on Memory Maker doesn't start until you activate it by downloading a photo. From that point, you have 30 days of unlimited downloads of any photo that hasn't expired (photos expire 45 days after the date they were taken). One exception is that if you got the Advance Purchase discount, you can only download photos that were taken at least 3 days after you purchased Memory Maker.
Thanks so much! I gave it a whirl and activated it and it worked! Nice to have that unexpected extension from my November trip!

Does anyone know how much individual digital downloads cost? We decided to skip MM this year but would still like the option to buy 1 or 2 pictures. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter