Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I have also been practicing joining the VQ for Tron and GotG. The last few mornings the Refresh button has been glitching if I press it too many times... Almost like it becomes untappable. By the time it resets, the boarding groups are gone. Has anyone else been having this issue and is there an easy fix? For reference, I'm using the MDE app on an Android phone.
I was there last week and this happened to me on my Android. Instead of hitting refresh as fast as you can, hit refresh and let it load and hit refresh and let it load, etc. You're basically refreshing every second instead of tap, tap, tap 3 times a second. The tap, tap, tap method won't work because it doesn't actually refresh. We learned this the hard way for the first VQ at 7a. After that we were able book every VQ, 3 in total, that we tried for. Watch the world clock and hit the first refresh about a second before it hits 7a or 1p.

Just back and wanted to give an update on our experience.

We arrived an hour late for our Tron VQ (afternoon). The cast member we spoke to said it was absolutely fine to be late and she really stressed it was no big deal. When we tapped in we got the green circle.

We arrived early to our Tron VQ for EEH at 10:00p. They would not let us ride and said we'd have to wait to be called. We had one of the first BGs and they called us to ride at 10:30p.

We had a morning BG for GotG. Our BG was called to ride at the same time our $ILL was scheduled. I asked a cast member and he said we should ride with $ILL now and it would be okay to come back later (aka late) and ride again using the BG. We arrived 4 hours late for our BG and when we tapped in we got a blue circle (I was expecting green like our late arrival to Tron). I was all ready to give the cast member our explanation, but I didn't need to because she adjusted the blue circle and said "you're good" before I could say anything.

So to sum it up, I had no problems arriving late for my BG at Tron and GotG but was unable to ride Tron early.

I was there last week and this happened to me on my Android. Instead of hitting refresh as fast as you can, hit refresh and let it load and hit refresh and let it load, etc. You're basically refreshing every second instead of tap, tap, tap 3 times a second. The tap, tap, tap method won't work because it doesn't actually refresh. We learned this the hard way for the first VQ at 7a. After that we were able book every VQ, 3 in total, that we tried for. Watch the world clock and hit the first refresh about a second before it hits 7a or 1p.
Very useful and thorough advice. Thanks!

I guess it depends on your phone. I got a Tron VQ for friends 3 weeks ago. I did the tap, tap, tap as fast as possible method on my iPhone and I got VQ 9 for their group of 5 on a busy day when G+ started selling out shortly after 10AM.

Last edited:

A few questions,

1. Do I understand right?

You reserve the VQ at 7:00. Then, if you were successful, you receive a message with a return time, but that return time is only an estimate. You have to receive a call with your real time on it.

In general, people’s experience has been for Tron that you must go by the ride time given, and for GoG that you can go at your ride time or after.

2. What does being “called” actually mean? I’m assuming not an actual call, but a text, email, notification???

3. Does the call come at the same time or close to when you ride?

For instance, if you get the call at 3:00, will the return time be 3:00 or will the return time be later so you have some notice.

Seems super inconvenient if you have to drop whatever you are doing to rush to the ride that moment.

4. How accurate is the estimated return time they tell you when you get your boarding group?

The first few pages people were saying that their actual call time was about an hour earlier than the estimated ride time. Is this still the case or has it changed to later?

5. What’s the point of the 7 and 1 times? If you do 7:00, do the return times only go up to 12:59? If you want an afternoon or evening time, do you have to wait until 1:00?

thanks

I’m on my phone and it won’t let me use bold. So my answers are in parentheses.

1. Do I understand right?

You reserve the VQ at 7:00. Then, if you were successful, you receive a message with a return time, but that return time is only an estimate.

(It’s not really a message. It’s in the VQ part of the app. It will have green bars showing your progress. Which depends on many factors such as lightning and Tron, attraction breakdowns. Each time I’ve had VQ for Guardians, I was called before my time. But that’s not always the case.)

You have to receive a call with your real time on it.

(I find that if I keep tabs on the progress line, I usually find out on that page that I’ve been called faster than the MDE notification comes)

In general, people’s experience has been for Tron that you must go by the ride time given, and for GoG that you can go at your ride time or after.

(Yes)

2. What does being “called” actually mean? I’m assuming not an actual call, but a text, email, notification???

(A notification on MDE)

3. Does the call come at the same time or close to when you ride?

(It comes when you may get in line to ride.)

For instance, if you get the call at 3:00, will the return time be 3:00 or will the return time be later so you have some notice.

(You get an hour expiration)

Seems super inconvenient if you have to drop whatever you are doing to rush to the ride that moment.

4. How accurate is the estimated return time they tell you when you get your boarding group?

(More accurate first thing in morning, all depends on ride operations)

The first few pages people were saying that their actual call time was about an hour earlier than the estimated ride time. Is this still the case or has it changed to later?

5. What’s the point of the 7 and 1 times? If you do 7:00, do the return times only go up to 12:59? If you want an afternoon or evening time, do you have to wait until 1:00?

thanks

(The 7am return times generally run through 1pm. The 1pm times could be for afternoon or evening.)

Sorry if this has been asked before. I read the first page, and the last couple pages, but there are 104 pages total...

Let's say I'm successful getting the Tron 7AM BG. In fact, I'm TOO successful: I've got one of the very first boarding groups. But since I'm not rope dropping, I actually miss my boarding group. Can I try again at 1PM?

Thanks.
Confirming this works. Indeed, I was too successful at 7AM: I got BG four. Easily got another BG at the 1PM drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter