Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Meal Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sold something for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and now I am selling something else. It was really easy. I am planning to sell my 4 vouchers too. I just haven't decided how or when.

They have it set up so it is a very simple step-by-step.

When I paid $200.00 for ten and got to Disney I felt had and stupid.
It took me a bit to get over the fact that there actually people in this world who have no conscience about ripping people off.

I think they can save you quite a bit, even at $20. I also think that whoever paid $42 is going to be a bit upset. I would be.

So, Sherrie, what would you sell yours for, if you had some to sell?

Chuck - Honestly if I brought back extra voulchers and were to sell them to a friend or a friend of a friend, I would have them go to the menus around the world and look at the prices. For instance at Peco bills you can get a burger and fries for about $7.00, say you add a drink that would be another $2.00, then desert if you wish. I will say the serving sizes were filling that nobody in our group really felt like desert right away. It was pretty much like that everywhere we used them, maybe it was pizza instead of a burger or a hot dog. I felt like the prices that included the food and the fries were not that bad. Had I looked at Menus around the world (it's the site with ALL of the disney menus), I would have figured out that it was not the best deal for my family. Thats not to say that someone else would feel differently.

I have a question for anyone who wants to give advice. I have four adult 3 day hopper pass plus a day at a disney water park or sports complex on each ticket. They never expire and I wanted to sell them for $725.00 for all four passes. I would even through in the extra water park day we got from blizzard beach since it rained. I want to do this because I want to buy the annual premium passes. Dies anyone feel like I am asking too much?
I put it in the work swap and shop. No takers as of yet, but someone did kind of get sticker shock when they saw the price. Thats why I was wondering if anyone could give input on the price.
Thanks-

there are some corrections to this OP. First off DTD has only 1 Capt'n Jacks and Coronado Springs has ZERO. I just verfied this WDW Dining after reading this thread. Do your homework. Vouchers DO include gratuity, but certain resorts (Swan & Dolphin) are excluded and some signature dining and show dining require two sit-down vouchers, as well as character meals.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=738569

um...I think I lost my post...sorry if repeat

check out this link for updates on dining in DTD and Coronado Springs. :earseek:

these vouchers only cost $11.50 and the only place you get about $20.00 worth per person is beaches and cream. I ate with them at the pepper market and got the prime rib and it wasn't that good would never pay for it full price
maria

I can't undertand why people on a BUDGET board would be offering up Q & C vouchers for $20 each. It is almost an insult that it would even be a consideration that people would pay that much, but I guess they do. Sorry some people paid so much for them..... I signed up for hotwire the same day they apparently stopped selling them and was so disappointed I would not be able to buy meal vouchers to help budget our trip. I can't afford to pay about double the going price for a food voucher and then make sure I order the most expensive items at the most expensive restaurants- that isn't the point of buying them in the first place.

Just expressing my frustration. :guilty:

SplashMountainRules said:
[b

There have been alot of questions on where the connection meal vouchers are good for. Here is a list for everyone :)

Quick and Casual are good at:

Hi - I was just wondering if these vouchers can only be ordered by US residents or if any of the companies ship to the UK.
??
:confused3

Hmm scrub this post - I just read that the vouchers aren't available any more anyway :badpc:

Are they not even available through Lillian Vernon anymore? Did Disney do away with them for a reason?

Sherri

You asked on a previous page if you thought $725 for four 3-day park hoppers was a fair price. If you compare it to the current pricing of 3-day hoppers, it seems like a fair price. I looked at the Ticketmania.com website and a non-expiring ticket with Park Hopping at the discounted Ticketmania pricing is $221. Your price for the same thing is about $181 and you are throwing in a water park ticket. However, I'm thinking that most people buying a 3-day ticket might want park hopping but not necessarily the non-expiring option, since they most likely will use up a 3-day pass on one trip. Expiring with park hopping is $219 and if they decide to go with non-expiring and non-park hopping, the price is $181 which is the same as your price. So someone considering that type of ticket would probably rather buy from a ticket broker and be able to pay with a credit card and have less risks than buying from you.

Is the DisAuctions site still available for posting extra vouchers for sale?

We got back yesterday from our 15 day Magical Gathering, and I have a bunch of vouchers left over that we didn't use.

We were a group of 10 people there for over 2 weeks, so we had purchased a huge amount of vouchers. We would definately have used them all, too, if not for that NASTY norovirus that hit us all right in the middle of the trip. There were 3 days in a row where most of us were only eating, at the most, canned chicken noodle soup or toast and ginger ale.

I am a paranoid of trying to sell them on ebay, even though I bought some of them on there, actually, after we hit our 40 per year limit at Hotwire.

I'd rather sell them on DisAuctions if it's still available.

~L

Hi ~L!

Sorry that you had a nasty bug while away. :(

I believe that DISAuctions is still working. Or you could try the For Sale, For Trade, Wanted to Buy Board that CheapMom has set up for DISsers. It is located here: http://magicmom.proboards42.com/index.cgi .

Good Luck! I am sure that you will have no problem getting rid if your vouchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter