** Exchangers-Come & join us for the QOTD, and chat with us **CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually have pumpkin and pecan but this year it will be something different. My sister's MIL is joining us and she is bringing the dessert. We won't know what it is until she arrives. My sister is also making her "pink" salad. And we will have leftover cake from my parents 60th anniversary reception on Saturday so there will be plenty of sweets to go around.

Dad is buying coconut custard, pumpkin & apple pie. I'm not a pie eater. My sister usually has some cookies & ice cream available, so I'll have that instead. Maybe I'll eat a small piece of apple pie.

What's in a pink salad? :)
Hmmm, I'll have to get back to you on that. I think strawberries for sure, plus bananas and whip cream. Maybe some pineapple.

Just heard a little while ago that my sister's MIL has decided on pumpkin pie. I had heard that she was thinking banana cream and my taste buds were looking forward to it. Oh well.......

Today, I bought a pumpkin, and a sweet potato pie. I will also be making other types of dessert, as well as making ice cream floats. :cool1:

I'm bringing 4 pumpkin pies and 3 different kinds of cookies to Thanksgiving. The pies will be bought, but I'm making the cookies. One of my cookie recipes calls for canned pumpkin, and I didn't think anything of it......until I got to the grocery store and they were out. Thankfully the next grocery store I went to had a few cans left. Maybe next year I won't procrastinate and wait until the last minute to go grocery shopping.....but then again, maybe not. :rolleyes1

Juice...apple juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, cranberry juice, grape juice..... What is your most & least favorite type of juice?

I don't usually drink juice, but my favorite would be orange and least favorite would be grapefruit.

I don't drink juice anymore.....but my favorite would be cranberry and least favorite is apple

I don't drink juice anymore either. Just every now and then. If I had to choose a flavor, then it would be orange or grape. You can forget any of the other ones.

Just wanted to drop by & wish everyone a Happy thanksgiving! I won't be around much the next few days. I'll be in NY, but I'm going to my sister's tomorrow & staying over so I can hang with the kids on Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

My most memorable Thanksgiving was when my husband, my brother, and my grandparents and I all had Thanksgiving dinner in a really great restaurant in Virginia. My grandfather was so excited that he could have steak and didn't have to eat turkey. :rotfl: Now that my grandfather has passed on, the memories from that Thanksgiving are even more meaningful.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

The first memory that comes to mind when Thanksgiving is mentioned is way back when I was a teenager, probably 15 - 16 years old. We were at my aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner. My cousin and I just pigged out. It was sooooooo good! That was back when I could eat my weight in dressing and not gain any weight. :rotfl:

What's in a pink salad? :)
I asked my sister about her "pink" salad and here is what she said:

1 can cherry pie filling
3 bananas, mashed or thinly sliced
1 14 oz can crushed pineapple
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1 large tub Cool Whip
1/4 cup chopped pecans (more if you want)

Is very good but makes quite a lot. The bananas tend to turn dark if you make it too far in advance. But it stills tastes good anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter