Experiences with QSFB?

AliceInWonderland89

⭐A Dream is a Wish your heart makes⭐
I am going to be working QSFB for Fall Advantage this year, I was wondering if anyone else has done this before and some tips and things of that sort! Thanks!:wizard:

Oh yeah....is Pizza Planet considered at QSFB?!

I am doing QSFB for Fall Advantage and I was curious about experiences as well. This is my first time doing the CP, so I'm nervous.

Jennifer

I did QSFB last summer. I worked at Casey's Corner. For QSFB, you could either work in QSR (restaurants like Casey's Corner, Pizza Planet, Cosmic Ray's ect), or ODF (carts, snack windows, ect).

At Casey's, I would be either in the front (Front of House) or in the back (Back of House). In the front, the positions include working the register, filling the orders, stocking, cleaning the topping bars, greeter, ect. In the back, the positions include cleaning, prepping the food, working the friers, putting the orders together, stocking, ect.

I am going to be working QSFB for Fall Advantage this year, I was wondering if anyone else has done this before and some tips and things of that sort! Thanks!:wizard:

Oh yeah....is Pizza Planet considered at QSFB?!

Yes it does.

My DD is doing QSFB for Fall and I wondering what type/color shoes she should buy beforehand?

My DD is doing QSFB for Fall and I wondering what type/color shoes she should buy beforehand?

I would wait until she checks in before getting shoes. It could be black sneakers, white sneakers, black flats, brown boots (AK), ect. There is no way to know.

I would wait until she checks in before getting shoes. It could be black sneakers, white sneakers, black flats, brown boots (AK), ect. There is no way to know.

Thanks Joanna!:goodvibes I'm a little worried how she will purchase shoes without having a car. There is no way she can take her car with her. I might have to stay in FL until she knows where she will be working and what she will need?

Do you know if there are any places close by that she can purchase shoes, bedding, etc. at?

Thanks Joanna!:goodvibes I'm a little worried how she will purchase shoes without having a car. There is no way she can take her car with her. I might have to stay in FL until she knows where she will be working and what she will need?

Do you know if there are any places close by that she can purchase shoes, bedding, etc. at?

No car is not a problem (I have not had a car with me for any of my CPs). There are shoes for sale at Walmart (the buses go there). It is also possible to walk to a shopping complex that has a shoe store (and for another option, there is a shoe van that comes by- CMs get a discount at it).

No car is not a problem (I have not had a car with me for any of my CPs). There are shoes for sale at Walmart (the buses go there). It is also possible to walk to a shopping complex that has a shoe store (and for another option, there is a shoe van that comes by- CMs get a discount at it).
Great! Thank you.:cheer2:

If not, I will have my car down there and would love to get shoes with your DD! :hug: And thanks for everyones input!
-Jennifer

I did QSFB at Pizzafari for the last Spring Advantage program and I loved it, even though it was definitely hard work. The best way to describe it, I think, is that you will be one piece of a complex and well-oiled machine. You can get assigned to high guest interaction assignments, such as bussing (sorry-- dining room attendant!), cashier, or serving at the counter, or low guest interaction assignments like prep, stocker, or actually making the food (we called this position the Hearth, since we stood in front of a giant oven and shoveled out pizzas and sandwiches). You will likely get 2 to 6 assignments every shift, so you won't get stuck in one position all day.

A lot of people complain about the QSFB role because it is so much hard, hot, sweaty work, and it is in a very, very fast-paced environment, but it can also be very enjoyable. Oh, and my costume was great! It was very light, loose-fitting material like pajamas... very nice to have on a hot day!

My son is currently doing his CP QSFB at the food court (the Mara) at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Like some others have said, he is being trained in all areas. His first week he did the beverage station which was not fun. They basically have a daytime shift (anywhere from 6 am - 8 am start until 3 or 4 in the afternoon) and an evening shift (from about 3-4 pm until 11 pm - 12 am). AKL has been having low occupancy so next week he is being "loaned out"' to one of the All Star Resorts food courts (not sure which one). He's been working about 37 hours a week except for last week when he only had 27 hours! I'm sure that will pick up with the upcoming spring break/Easter crowds.

QSFB is probably one of the most intense roles. Lots of work. Also a lot of opportunities to get injured. A lot of us got seriously injured - burns, I ended up in a cast, another girl was carried out on a stretcher when something fell off a shelf and hit her on the neck. So it's something you really have to be careful in. I worked for Stands West in MK, which is a step up from ODF. ODF is strictly carts - pop, ice cream, popcorn - and they roll in in the morning and out at night. Those carts are incredibly heavy. At night, they fill up the pop carts to prepare for the next day. Stands stayed and we brought the food out to them. At the restaurants, you can do register or beverages or cleaning the dining room, and I'm sure there's more. Pros of QSFB include making more money than the other roles and you are guaranteed a lot of hours. Plus, a lot of the extra shifts you can pick up in other locations are for QSFB so you are already trained. A lot of people work QSFB so you will make a ton of friends. Lots of guest interaction, which can be good. Unless you're not in the mood that day. Oh, and when you're training, you can sample the food for free.

Is the Colombia Harbour House considered QSFB?

I'm doing the cp for spring 2010. this is my first time and I just want some insight as to where I can be placed.

Thanks,
Jessica

Is the Colombia Harbour House considered QSFB?

I'm doing the cp for spring 2010. this is my first time and I just want some insight as to where I can be placed.

Thanks,
Jessica

Yes. The way I look at it, if you go into a place and you purchase your food before you eat it or don't have a server, it's probably a quick service restaurant.

I knew 5 people who did things in quick service. Two of them picked up shifts when we weren't getting a lot of hours. They both loved the change of pace (from FSFB to QSFB.) One of them did ODF as a CP. She loved it mostly for the people she worked with (she worked in Epcot). The other two worked in resorts. I'm not sure they liked it very much, lol.

Yes. The way I look at it, if you go into a place and you purchase your food before you eat it or don't have a server, it's probably a quick service restaurant.

I knew 5 people who did things in quick service. Two of them picked up shifts when we weren't getting a lot of hours. They both loved the change of pace (from FSFB to QSFB.) One of them did ODF as a CP. She loved it mostly for the people she worked with (she worked in Epcot). The other two worked in resorts. I'm not sure they liked it very much, lol.

What's ODF? :confused:

lol sorry it took me a while, but I got it.
THANKS for all your help, I hope I get to work in the parks, don't think I'd like the resorts much either. :D

Thanks,
Jessica
WDWCPSPRING2010:thumbsup2

I'll be doing QSF&B for spring 2010~ Leaving in 21 days!

Is the main street bakery considered QSF&B? Iv looked at different sites with the disney food locations on them. Some say they are QSF&B but some only say "snacks". Are those "snack" places considered qsf&b? :confused:

I'll be doing QSF&B for spring 2010~ Leaving in 21 days!

Is the main street bakery considered QSF&B? Iv looked at different sites with the disney food locations on them. Some say they are QSF&B but some only say "snacks". Are those "snack" places considered qsf&b? :confused:

Editing this post because I messed up the info. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter