Experiencing the Reimagined Top of the World Lounge - A Villains Lair!

I received a survey today asking about our experience with the Wicked Wind Down event and whether or not we would recommend it or do it again. It sounds as if they are gauging member interest in this going forward. They also asked about our interest in other types of events including:

Adult only events
Family events
Walt Disney World related events
Health and wellness events
Holiday events
Food and beverage events
and then a spot for Other with a place to specify something.

Hopefully we will be getting some more DVC events in the future.

I received a survey today asking about our experience with the Wicked Wind Down event and whether or not we would recommend it or do it again. It sounds as if they are gauging member interest in this going forward. They also asked about our interest in other types of events including:

Adult only events
Family events
Holiday events
Food and beverage events

Got the same survey.

Adult only events
Family events
Holiday events
Food and beverage events

Looks like ways for DVC to make more money.

*patiently waiting* for the next set of dates to be released.. :rolleyes1

we arrive Oct 16th and DH wants me to book the WWD on the 16th....

🤞 I don' t miss it when they open up Oct 13th and beyond..

and we're staying at BLT on points so it'll be super convenient..

These have been extended. It's now actually a rolling 60 days instead of the way they were previously releasing them!

"Call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to book—with reservations available on select nights within a 60-day rolling calendar."

These have been extended. It's now actually a rolling 60 days instead of the way they were previously releasing them!

"Call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to book—with reservations available on select nights within a 60-day rolling calendar."

I just called to book Friday, December 9 (60-days from now). Member Services said that there is no Wicked Wind Down on Friday/Saturday in December. I am guessing that is because of MVMCP, but did not confirm that.

Can anyone share what is happening at TOTWL on MNSSHP nights? I believe the fireworks are at 10:15 on these evenings. Will be staying at VGF next week and we’re thinking of popping over for a drink, however we’re not interested in the dining package.

Would we be able come by earlier in the evening to have a cocktail if we leave well before the fireworks time, or is everything blocked until after the fireworks (after 10:15? ). My friend and I are planning a monorail pub crawl that evening so just trying to figure out where we’re going when!

I just called to book Friday, December 9 (60-days from now). Member Services said that there is no Wicked Wind Down on Friday/Saturday in December. I am guessing that is because of MVMCP, but did not confirm that.
I wondered why they had moved to "select nights" now. Maybe it's based on the nights that they are busiest or something? The one I am going to is on a MNSSHP night. But it's also a Sunday.

Can anyone share what is happening at TOTWL on MNSSHP nights? I believe the fireworks are at 10:15 on these evenings. Will be staying at VGF next week and we’re thinking of popping over for a drink, however we’re not interested in the dining package.

Would we be able come by earlier in the evening to have a cocktail if we leave well before the fireworks time, or is everything blocked until after the fireworks (after 10:15? ). My friend and I are planning a monorail pub crawl that evening so just trying to figure out where we’re going when!

Check in for the event is at 8:00 pm. People who book the event can come earlier but fall into the FCFS line. Everyone can get in earlier, providing their is space. There have not been very many reports of what happen to free up tables for those who are part of the event, if they are filled earlier.

But, reports are that people have been able to get in when it opens at 6:00 pm, even if needing to be put on a waitlist...which they then are sent a text for access when spots open up.

Check in for the event is at 8:00 pm. People who book the event can come earlier but fall into the FCFS line. Everyone can get in earlier, providing their is space. There have not been very many reports of what happen to free up tables for those who are part of the event, if they are filled earlier.

But, reports are that people have been able to get in when it opens at 6:00 pm, even if needing to be put on a waitlist...which they then are sent a text for access when spots open up.
Thank you. Any idea how much time they give you to get back there once you receive the text? We’d be somewhere on the monorail, but maybe not at Contemporary/BLT so would need to get there.

I wondered why they had moved to "select nights" now. Maybe it's based on the nights that they are busiest or something? The one I am going to is on a MNSSHP night. But it's also a Sunday.

Talked to member services again. They confirmed that Wicked Wind Down is Sun.-Thurs. only after Thanksgiving through NYE. No Friday or Saturday events through the holiday season.

Talked to member services again. They confirmed that Wicked Wind Down is Sun.-Thurs. only after Thanksgiving through NYE. No Friday or Saturday events through the holiday season.
So is TOTWL open for walkins on Friday and Saturday during that time period? Or closed completely?

Always open to walk-ins, even during Wicked Wind Down, subject to overall capacity.
Great! I wonder whether they'll get enough walkin traffic on Fridays and Saturdays to consider reducing the number of WWD reservations to allow more walkin traffic Sunday through Thursday. It would be nice to know that we wouldn't have to wait very long under the FCFS system.

I was wondering if the early birds are then ‘cleared out’ for those with reservations or whether they just block off seating for them?
Any idea how much time they give you to get back there once you receive the text? We’d be somewhere on the monorail, but maybe not at Contemporary/BLT so would need to get there.
want to try next tuesday as walk up as staying at BLT. Hoping we might slip in a view from our LV as we have in the past, so didn’t want to book the villains.

was trying to decide ‘when‘ would be best time to wander down to the podium If we just wanted to actually be there around 9:00 - 9:30 pm. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter