Experiencing the Reimagined Top of the World Lounge - A Villains Lair!

Excuse me if this is a dumb question but are you saying you have to have a reservation to visit the lounge? DH and I will be staying at BLT this coming Jan and would like to visit one night if possible. Do I have to make a reservation prior to our trip? If so, I'm assuming I do this on the DVC member site, is that correct? Thanks, and I'm sorry if this was posted already, if it was, I guess I missed it.

No. You can go first come first serve. Or, you can pay for a reserved table ahead of time, if they keep something like the new Wicked Wind Down event in place.

But, the language says that it will cap when the lounge is full….they used to let people up as long as there was still room on the outside deck, even if not seats,

Given this new paid option, and the way they added real seating outside, I wonder how capacity will be decided,

But, we are going JUly 20th. It will be $55/each plus tax and gratuity. We get a drink, appetizer and a sweet treat. So, we are paying more but we are guaranteed a table when we arrive…no matter what time that is…they must recommend arriving at least 30 minutes before fireworks.

I'm a blue card member and am curious about the "guests staying on a Member's reservation" -- do my guests need to booked in the same room as me? I have a trip planned in January where I booked a room for my friends using my points, and then I booked a studio for myself paying cash. Our reservations should be linked with the "traveling with" notation, but I'm not sure if this means they're staying on my reservation or not.

For the paid option, guests have to be in your room…I could not get two tickers until we moved my friend to my room.

For the first come, first serve, they told me it should be okay as long snd they are reservations on your membership but CM wasn’t positive,

How that works with a points and cash. I don’t think we will know for sure until it opens and we get actual reports from people.

I just watched a few YouTube vlogs about the lounge and have to admit it looks fun! The IP insertion appears to work better than I thought it would.

I guess the story is that the villas moved in during the shutdown and left, but can now go back, as long as they buy into DVC lol. The vloggers had fun speculating which resort each villain would choose. My husband and I have had fun discussing each one and assigned villians to the resorts. Some I'll admit are a stretch, but I tried! Yzma would be an awesome resort villain, but I couldn't find a spot for her. Wouldn't it be fun if they made appearances occasionally?

AK: Scar
BC: Ursula:
CCV and BRV: The Evil Queen
BWV: Stromboli
OKW: Dr. Facilier
PVB: Shere Khan
VGF: The Wicked Stepmother
Aulani: Te Ka (but is she really a villain?)
BLT: Syndrome
HH: Governor Ratcliffe
VB: Darla
Riviera: Chef Skinner
SSR: Mother Gothel
VGC: Gaston

For the paid option, guests have to be in your room…I could not get two tickers until we moved my friend to my room.

For the first come, first serve, they told me it should be okay as long snd they are reservations on your membership but CM wasn’t positive,

How that works with a points and cash. I don’t think we will know for sure until it opens and we get actual reports from people.
where do you find the paid option/ It's just me and my wife for a few days at the end of august?

where do you find the paid option/ It's just me and my wife for a few days at the end of august?

So far, it is only through Aug 11th, but the info is on the DVC website, and I think info was posted either in this thread or the other TOTWL one.

Is it possible to go to the deck to watch fireworks? Subject to capacity.

Is it possible to go to the deck to watch fireworks? Subject to capacity.

This is the part I am not sure about. The terms say until the lounge reaches capacity.

Is that lounge as in general..the whole thing…or lounge as in the actual lounge part with food and drinks?

This is the part I am not sure about. The terms say until the lounge reaches capacity.

Is that lounge as in general..the whole thing…or lounge as in the actual lounge part with food and drinks?
Ok, we’ll, I hope there will be an answer to this. Our August trip includes MNSSHP and AK Moonlight Magic, so it will be December when we may are to go up when we stay at VGF. We should all have answers by then.

Thanks.

Exactly, plus do you only get the food if you pay for the event? How will that work if it is a buffet style spread (confirmed by CM on the phone). But just waiting for more info to be released once the events start. We’re excited!

I think all they have said is it has a specific cap, and it is FCFS. However they are doing reservations for tables, and if you have a reserved table it is yours the entire night (6pm-12am). So if they sell all the tables, it might have limited extra space? No idea how many tables vs standing area there is. But you definitely could be blocked from a table

Thanks Aela, do you know how far out you can make the reservation? 60 days? Thanks again for your response.

Exactly, plus do you only get the food if you pay for the event? How will that work if it is a buffet style spread (confirmed by CM on the phone). But just waiting for more info to be released once the events start. We’re excited!

I wasn’t told it is a buffet. Just that each of us would be eligible to order since it’s not an all you can eat.

So, I got different info from you. I guess we will know tomorrow when the first event happens.

Denise at Mousesteps went to the preview and posted pics of the menu, etc.
Here are her pics of the menu, indicating no buffet obviously.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 2.28.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 2.28.40 PM.png
    445.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 2.28.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 2.28.53 PM.png
    394.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 2.29.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 2.29.22 PM.png
    424.4 KB · Views: 125
$55 per person is a perk if you have a blue card? So disappointing. I don't consider that a perk. JMO

Of course the $55 option isnt a perk. It’s simply an option if one prefers to do it that way.

All blue card are eligible to go to the lounge FCFS and pay nothing so that is the real perk since those who don’t qualify for membership extras can’t visit at all.

Today is the day! It opens for any DVC owner who is eligible. if you are going, please post your experience, especially if your opted to reserve a table using the Wicked Wind Down option!

9 days for me!

I'll make a prediction. The $55.00 reservations will sell out every night and there will be no first come first serve access.

Any other predictions?
The deck holds 400 people, so that will always be an option.

But if ~80 DVC members per night are willing to pay $55 each for the indoor seats.... :confused3

Of course the $55 option isnt a perk. It’s simply an option if one prefers to do it that way.

All blue card are eligible to go to the lounge FCFS and pay nothing so that is the real perk since those who don’t qualify for membership extras can’t visit at all.
You're right, technically. However, is it worth it to go over there on the off chance that there will be any access left. I'm not interested in just standing outside waiting for the fireworks. In the past I've gone and had a glass of wine and a snack, maybe a second glass of wine after fireworks. I don't drink sugary cocktails and rarely eat dessert. Just another fireworks dessert party, if you ask me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter