EXPERIMENT: Ned Pin = Inferno! (finis... it means, the end)

This can work i started with nothing. When people look at me and my rooms they say How many quests have you been on? I proudly say none. So this can work.

I resorted the posts this board by the number of views. It looks like this thread is the 5th most viewed thread in the history of the Trades and Wishes board. :hyper:

Check It Out!

I want to offer for the 50th chair:

I offer Green Christmas Wreath, and Baseball Predictometer

I offer a matched set of Narnia transporters and a space room code for the Hollywood hotel pin and the New Years 2006 pin.

I also offer a Mickey Special for the 4-leaf clover pin.

Or any combination of the three things I have to offer for the three things I want! If I can only have two of the three pins, my preferences are the Hollywood Hotel Pin #1, the New Years 2006 pin #2 and the 4-leaf clover pin #3.

I sent a pm a couple days ago, let me know what you think of it :)

Sorry ya'll,

I haven't had much VMK time the last two days. Tomorrow I'm going to the World Premier of "Cars" so I suspect I won't be on much then either. I have recieved offers by PM from Ash and SorcererDonald16. ShadowKittyKat you probably do need to resend that offer.

No one wants teleporters? If you has any last minute offers or revisions, get 'em in! I will try to send PMs tomorrow to schedule trades for the weekend. :teeth:

Krystal said:
If you don't know, I posted an offer for 50th quest on other page..

Yes. I like that pirate stuff so your offer is definently under serious consideration. :thumbsup2

KrazyPete said:
Sorry ya'll,

I haven't had much VMK time the last two days. Tomorrow I'm going to the World Premier of "Cars" so I suspect I won't be on much then either. I have recieved offers by PM from Ash and SorcererDonald16. ShadowKittyKat you probably do need to resend that offer.

Cool! Have fun!

I love this experiment!! I cant wait until the next chapter of Ned Pin becomes inferno. :-)

I only wish I had something good to trade with you.

You are right Krystal, no one would.

The idea is to start with the Ned pin and through a series of trades get to the Inferno pin. Right now I just need to trade Ned for something just a tiny bit better. And then, I would need to trade that for something a little bit better. I don't how long it would take but eventually I should have something worthy of trading for Inferno and it would have all started with Ned.

The offer for the Blue Tiki Pin would be a perfect next step. Thanks Captain Brain. I'll send you a PM

I do that i will start my day with lets see 2 pumpkins and i made 2 red saddle seats 1 50th lamp a briar stone to cactus seats and more for just 2 boring pumpkins boo ye

Yes it's back! :thumbsup2

Thank you SO much to everyone who has traded so far. And thank you to everyone who has been asking "What's going on with Ned = Inferno?"

Yes, I will finish what I started! I'm inspired because the guy that started with one red paperclip, GOT A HOUSE! I still have all the stuff so let's see if we can finish this thing. I've posted a new list below.

For simplicity sake I'm not posting pictures. Making my own screen caps and looking up the history for every item is a LOT of work. Besides, I think most of you know what the stuff looks like and how rare it is. If you have any questions or want a picture of a particular item just ask. Also, I think I'm going to stop doing it in rounds. When I get a good offer and I do a trade, then I will update the thread. No more trying to complete a half a dozen trades before starting a new round.

So, thanks for reading, thanks for hanging in there and here's what I've got for you today!

50th Celebration Quest Pin
50th Celebration Mickey Lantern

Monsters Inc Teleporters GOLDEN EDITION
Stitch's Teleporters
Stitch's Teleporters (that's right two!)
Big Thunder Mountain Teleporter
Narnia Teleporters

Captain Nemo's Chair Pink
Rocketship Couch Magenta

Teleportation Magic
Fireworks Magic
Tangaroa Tiki Pin
Tangaroa-Ru Tiki Pin
Rongo Tiki Pin
Tomorrowland Submarine Voyage Retro Pin
Tomorrowland Flying Saucer Retro Pin
Tomorrowland Skyway Retro Pin
Tomorrowland Motor Boat Retro Pin
Valentines 06 Pin
Four Leaf Clover Pin
Mickey Special Pin

Space Mountain Room Code (the code will work I can personally back it up)

Hey, I do want to mention DaraAllen and Aensming for their trades in the last round. You two are awesome! If I missed someone let me know... it's been a while ;)

KrazyPete said:
Yes it's back! :thumbsup2

Thank you SO much to everyone who has traded so far. And thank you to everyone who has been asking "What's going on with Ned = Inferno?"

Yes, I will finish what I started! I'm inspired because the guy that started with one red paperclip, GOT A HOUSE! I still have all the stuff so let's see if we can finish this thing. I've posted a new list at the end of this thread.

For simplicity sake I'm not posting pictures. Making my own screen caps and looking up the history for every item is a LOT of work. Besides, I think most of you know what the stuff looks like and how rare it is. If you have any questions or want a picture of a particular item just ask. Also, I think I'm going to stop doing it in rounds. When I get a good offer and I do a trade, then I will update the thread. No more trying to complete a half a dozen trades before starting a new round.

So, thanks for reading, thanks for hanging in there and here's what I've got for you today!

50th Celebration Quest Pin
50th Celebration Mickey Lantern

Monsters Inc Teleporters GOLDEN EDITION
Stitch's Teleporters
Stitch's Teleporters (that's right two!)
Big Thunder Mountain Teleporter
Narnia Teleporters

Captain Nemo's Chair Pink
Rocketship Couch Magenta

Teleportation Magic
Fireworks Magic
Tangaroa Tiki Pin
Tangaroa-Ru Tiki Pin
Rongo Tiki Pin
Tomorrowland Submarine Voyage Retro Pin
Tomorrowland Flying Saucer Retro Pin
Tomorrowland Skyway Retro Pin
Tomorrowland Motor Boat Retro Pin
Valentines 06 Pin
Four Leaf Clover Pin
Mickey Special Pin

Space Mountain Room Code (the code will work I can personally back it up)

Hey, I do want to mention DaraAllen and Aensming for their trades in the last round. You two are awesome! If I missed someone let me know... it's been a while ;)

I'll trade a red penny press for a 50th lamp

ok this is all and well but you know that 23293219312 people have copied the guys idea. however i did see one honarable idea where they were also trading a red paper clip and was trying to recieve cans of food for the homeless/another interesting one was where they were trading up for a expensive item then selling it on ebay and using the money towards a childrens hospital. your copying the idea for fun and for your own profit. i hope you get it but the other ideas are just nicer/better search red paper clip on google(after the 309402 news articles about the guy) theres millions of people doing this with not vmk but with old stuff lying around the house , pens , signs , a pack of ciggarettes magic the gathering cards , red paper clips etc etc etc etc the list goes on/ also these trades are based on genorosity and is more like a gift thread then anything else. you realize if you get it atleast 50 other vmk dis board users will start there own thread. eventually the generous people who trade down will stop and the people who are greedy were stopped in the first place leaving u with an inferno but 50 dissapointed people who thought they had a shot :/ pity

good luck trying though :)
also this is what people use for bartering stuff : http://vancouver.craigslist.org/about/cities.html

BraveGhostOfYou said:
ok this is all and well but you know that 23293219312 people have copied the guys idea.

You realize if you get it atleast 50 other vmk dis board users will start there own thread. eventually the generous people who trade down will stop and the people who are greedy were stopped in the first place leaving u with an inferno but 50 dissapointed people who thought they had a shot.

Actually, the idea has already been copied on the Dis boards and even other forums. You are right, as far as I know the other tries didn't work.

Some of the trades have been very generous. Especially in the beginning when it was easier to be generous because the things we were trading didn't have a lot of value to begin with. As it has gone on it has begun to even out.

Just in case anyone is wondering, this is not a short cut to getting Inferno. It actually takes a lot of time. The point of it here is to show that the value of a virtual item is set by the participating traders. There was a lot of talk around the Trades and Wishes board that "Your _________ is not worth ________." Well, if a Ned pin can be traded into a Dancing Inferno pin (even if there are dozens of trades in between) then clearly "value" in VMK is arbitrary. Except in the case of obvious scams let people trade as they see fit. One person's Inferno is only worth what someone else is willing to give up for it.

I think a lot of people are surprised to see Ned become the pile of stuff that I have now. In a way, The point has already been made but I also think I owe it to people to try to finish this. So even if the trades become less generous, it's still kind of fun so here we are. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter