• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expired tickets/reservations

What kind of tickets did you have? We had Canadian resident tickets for April 2020 and today I moved them to use this April instead.

I had to call of course and wait on hold but once I finally spoke to someone it was very simple. I just needed my original confirmation number. She put me back on hold, then when she came back everything was done, she answered all of my questions and everything.

Definitely wait to talk to someone. Not sure if your situation will be the same but hope that helps.
Disney extended the expiration date on the Canadian resident tickets to Dec 15, 2022 so those with Canadian resident tickets should have no problems using them. We have 5 day Canadian resident parkhoppers from 2020 and I had no problem linking them in the app and booking park reservations.

Updates on what I found out on-site when I went to exchange our expired pre-COVID tickets. The crux of the issue, as noted above, is that two groups are involved, Guest Relations and Ticketing. GR can move reservations, but cannot exchange expired tickets. Ticketing can re-issue tickets, but cannot touch reservations. Ticketing is also frustrated that the web team hasn't fixed the problem of letting people make reservations with expired unused tickets.

If you only have reservations on expired tickets, the problem is that once Ticketing voids your old tickets in order to re-issue them you lose the reservations. So if you have expired tickets, the only way to keep from ending up with two sets of tickets would be:
1) Buy a new returnable set. Make reservations with those tickets.
2) Visit a ticket booth at DL and have them re-issue your old expired tickets.
3) Visit the Guest Relations booth outside of the parks and have them transfer your reservations from your returnable tickets to your newly re-issued tickets.
4) Return the returnable tickets used to initially make the reservations.

Does staying at the Disneyland hotel help my chances of getting a reservation once we get there? We're already booked there. I heard they have another "bucket" of reservations, but would those be available the week of our trip or is that for booking the reservations in advance?
Glad you got it all sorted! Wanted to add that when we were at the GCH in December I added days to our tickets and expressed concern over getting reservations. I was basically told that even if the days were sold out they wouldn’t be for hotel guests. So I guess that is one of the ”perks” for staying onsite right now.

Phoning in advance and getting the expired tickets changed in advance would work though, correct?

Sorry, I'm just a bit confused about this now.

That's what I did, and it worked fine. I bought my new tickets while on hold with the CM, they cancelled my old tickets and I made new park reservations.

Updates on what I found out on-site when I went to exchange our expired pre-COVID tickets. The crux of the issue, as noted above, is that two groups are involved, Guest Relations and Ticketing. GR can move reservations, but cannot exchange expired tickets. Ticketing can re-issue tickets, but cannot touch reservations. Ticketing is also frustrated that the web team hasn't fixed the problem of letting people make reservations with expired unused tickets.

If you only have reservations on expired tickets, the problem is that once Ticketing voids your old tickets in order to re-issue them you lose the reservations. So if you have expired tickets, the only way to keep from ending up with two sets of tickets would be:
1) Buy a new returnable set. Make reservations with those tickets.
2) Visit a ticket booth at DL and have them re-issue your old expired tickets.
3) Visit the Guest Relations booth outside of the parks and have them transfer your reservations from your returnable tickets to your newly re-issued tickets.
4) Return the returnable tickets used to initially make the reservations.
This is one way to do it… but it’s kinda the roundabout way. Plus if you’ve got two sets of tickets linked to your MDE, there’s always the chance that the wrong ones could end up getting used when you enter the park. Then you’ll be out-of-luck on your refund. (Because even though GS can make it right by reissuing the mistakenly used ticket, it will be a different ticket number & therefore not eligible for a refund.)
GS is able to manage your reservations and get them moved. Idk how, but I suspect they have a dummy ticket placeholder that they can use to hold your reservations while your ticket is being reissued. Again, idk the exact mechanism they use, but I DO know they CAN manage it.

Steps are:

1. Go to GS outside park (to left of either DCA or DL gates… DCA nearly always shorter)
  2. Present expired tickets and explain you have park reservations but you don’t want to lose them when you do the ticket exchange.
  3. Let them work their magic, and follow the instructions they give you.
  4. Enjoy your time at the Happiest Place on Earth. Try not to cry when you see Main St. and the castle… go ahead, try.
A few people have had success on the phone prior to their trip. Many have not. It’s been hit or miss, so there’s just no way to know if that will work for you… you’ll have to try that for yourself.

On the other hand, thus far every poster who has started at GS (as opposed to ticketing) has been successful in getting their reservations sorted to their new tix.

That's what I did, and it worked fine. I bought my new tickets while on hold with the CM, they cancelled my old tickets and I made new park reservations.
I think most people are trying to avoid buying another set of tix without the old ones being immediately refunded, or used toward the new ones.

Is that what you meant, you paid the difference in price between the two sets of tix? Which ‘bought’ new tix?

I think most people are trying to avoid buying another set of tix without the old ones being immediately refunded, or used toward the new ones.

Is that what you meant, you paid the difference in price between the two sets of tix? Which ‘bought’ new tix?
I hope I'm explaining it right.

I bought the new ones while I was on hold with the CM, then gave her the confirmation number for my new tickets. She cancelled and refunded my old tickets. It's supposed to take a couple of weeks to get the refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter