Extended evening hours - how do they know who is deluxe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

momsavealot

DIS Veteran
Hello,
at 11pm, do they kick people out who aren't deluxe? How do they know other than the rides? I know we wouldn't be able to ride rides, but is it possible to stay a little after 11pm and just take pics outside the castle or do a little shopping? Are the stores open during those extended hours? or do they stop and scan everyone's magic band?

How does that work for people staying at Swan/Dolphin? Do we show our room cards or something? This is our first time staying "off-site."

You link your SD reservation on MDE. Your magic band, ticket media or mobile device should light Mickeys head green
I also showed my Marriott app a couple times just because I was able to bring it up quicker. As long as you can show you're staying there, they're ok.

That was our experience. Had to scan in for every ride/attraction. If you were shopping or walking around, nobody bothered you.
I wonder if they’ve changed the procedure. When we were @MK for EEH in February, we were scanned to enter anything (rides, shops & restaurants). I remembered thinking how very odd it was that they would actually turn away people’s money (esp at the shops!!).

Then, in May we had the same experience as you- only rides mattered.

How does that work for people staying at Swan/Dolphin? Do we show our room cards or something? This is our first time staying "off-site."
We stayed at Swan Reserve last month and had mixed experiences at different rides. Some were fine with seeing only our room key while some wanted to see our reservation. Problem for us- and I’ve read it happening to others- after the first day of our trip the reservation disappeared from my Disney exp app and I couldn’t re-link it. I couldn’t see it in the app and they couldn’t see it when scanning our magic bands. I had a screen shot of the reservation I had taken before our trip just for convenience so I used that. I also imagine I could have pulled up the Marriott app and shown it to them there. The other issue this caused was morning early entry when they scanned our magic bands they couldn’t see our swan reserve stay so we had to show them our reservation for that also.

Wish I'd thought of that during my visit a couple of weeks ago. I'm still PO'd that they changed that "magical extra" to those with Deluxe ressies only. :(
What? You mean paying over 115 dollars a day doesn’t allow you to enjoy full capacity of the park.. you vile surf.

This is an offensive program. Imagine if groceries, Target, and restaurants did this by the zip code you lived in. Boojie neighborhoods getting prime shopping hours to get the best produce, you know because they spend more money, and therefore should get the most benefit right? I’m old enough to remember a time in this country where we separated people by economic status in schools and restaurants… just sayin’ I’m very sure Walt would not be down with this.

This from someone who lives in a Boojie neighborhood and could afford to stay at a deluxe resort, but find paying 500 bucks a night for a Hampton Inn room is absurd. We have paid over 500 a night for a room, it also had a view of The Eiffel Tower and they cleaned the room daily 🙄

What? You mean paying over 115 dollars a day doesn’t allow you to enjoy full capacity of the park.. you vile surf.

This is an offensive program. Imagine if groceries, Target, and restaurants did this by the zip code you lived in. Boojie neighborhoods getting prime shopping hours to get the best produce, you know because they spend more money, and therefore should get the most benefit right? I’m old enough to remember a time in this country where we separated people by economic status in schools and restaurants… just sayin’ I’m very sure Walt would not be down with this.

This from someone who lives in a Boojie neighborhood and could afford to stay at a deluxe resort, but find paying 500 bucks a night for a Hampton Inn room is absurd. We have paid over 500 a night for a room, it also had a view of The Eiffel Tower and they cleaned the room daily 🙄
At most Deluxe resorts you are paying for location to be able to walk or take the monorail to multiple parks. I can see the Eiffel Tower and Spaceship Earth from my room at The Boardwalk. This is just another perk of staying at a Deluxe. I don't see any issue with it at all. This isn't the first thing where paying more at Disney gets you more perks and it won't be the last (see park hopping).

Last edited:

I know, how dare I ask for more than mere crumbs! Plus it was almost 190.00 per day for ASMo. Thank you!

I know, how dare I ask for more than mere crumbs! Plus it was almost 190.00 per day for ASMo. Thank you!
If a park is open to all hotel guests from 8:30am to 11pm, and then open an additional two hours for a group of guests staying at certain hotels only, I wouldn’t call that crumbs. As someone previously mentioned in the thread, I don’t book deluxe because they are necessarily the nicest rooms ever created, but because of the perks, like theme park views, being able to walk to parks etc. Hotel prices are certainly skyrocketing, you’ll get no argument from me on that. But what amounts to four additional hours of park time a week seems like a fine add on perk for deluxe stays to me.

We stayed at Swan Reserve last month and had mixed experiences at different rides. Some were fine with seeing only our room key while some wanted to see our reservation. Problem for us- and I’ve read it happening to others- after the first day of our trip the reservation disappeared from my Disney exp app and I couldn’t re-link it. I couldn’t see it in the app and they couldn’t see it when scanning our magic bands. I had a screen shot of the reservation I had taken before our trip just for convenience so I used that. I also imagine I could have pulled up the Marriott app and shown it to them there. The other issue this caused was morning early entry when they scanned our magic bands they couldn’t see our swan reserve stay so we had to show them our reservation for that also.
How were you able to do Genie+ or ILL if that was the case? We’re at Swan later this year and sure want our Res linked

It's called Costco in my neighborhood ...

When we went last year they only checked when riding rides. Main Street was packed! It was tough to even get in the stores. The rest of the park started to look empty eventually as the might went on but the shops on Main Street were stuffed with people most of the extra hours.

I think it’s disneys way of throwing a bone to DVC (even though those Extra properties are also involved)
And here I'm thinking the opposite. They are throwing a bone to Deluxe Resort guests. DVC just happens to luck out because it's too hard to distinguish between a DVC guest staying on points and a Deluxe Villa guest staying on cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter