Extended Evening Hours Questions and Answers

You (currently) either need to have Epcot as your park reservation or have tapped into Epcot in order to try for the 6pm VQ, but you can grab another VQ even if you’ve previously used the GotG VQ that day. You can ride three times in one day if you get two VQs and pay for an ILL$.

You (currently) either need to have Epcot as your park reservation or have tapped into Epcot in order to try for the 6pm VQ, but you can grab another VQ even if you’ve previously used the GotG VQ that day. You can ride three times in one day if you get two VQs and pay for an ILL$.
Is tapping into Epcot necessary for EEH guests? For some reason I thought if they were eligible for EEH due to staying at a deluxe resort, that they could try for a 6PM VQ even before tapping in but possibly I’m not remembering correctly? Can anyone else share what they know?

Is tapping into Epcot necessary for EEH guests? For some reason I thought if they were eligible for EEH due to staying at a deluxe resort, that they could try for a 6PM VQ even before tapping in but possibly I’m not remembering correctly? Can anyone else share what they know?

I was there last week and got a VQ at 6:00 and did not have Epcot as a park reservation and had not tapped in to Epcot yet.

What I've heard before is that if your park reservation isn't for Epcot you have to scan into your reserved park before joining the 6pm VQ.

What I've heard before is that if your park reservation isn't for Epcot you have to scan into your reserved park before joining the 6pm VQ.
This is what I’ve always read as well. The only time I did EEH for Epcot, that was my reserved park of the day, so I don’t have first-hand experience, just stories from others.

As shared above, that information is not correct. Guests eligible for EEH may try for a 6PM VQ even if they are not in the park or have a park reservation. Throughout this thread there are more instances of guests confirming this.

I’m in MK right now (first and only park of the day) with a BG for Tron that hasn’t been called yet (was part of 1pm VQ). App says I’m eligible for the 6pm VQ for Guardians. Fingers crossed that it works.

I was there last week and got a VQ at 6:00 and did not have Epcot as a park reservation and had not tapped in to Epcot yet.

Same

Per the app, guests may only enter a VQ once per day for each experience.

This is the reason we skipped the 7 am VQ (booked DHS instead) and went with 6 pm.
You can join at 6pm even if you had one at either 7am or 1pm.

Just to be clear, are you saying one can book the same ride (GotG) at 7 am and 6 pm? I believe that is the original question

I assumed by the small print for EEH VQ we were allowed to book different experiences, but not the same one

Last edited:
Same

Just to be clear, are you saying one can book the same ride (GotG) at 7 am and 6 pm? I believe that is the original question

I assumed by the small print for EEH VQ we were allowed to book different experiences, but not the same one
Yes. You can do the same VQ twice if you’re eligible for EEH.

Wondering if we will be eligible for EEH. We are checking out of a deluxe, heading to a moderate on the 3rd. There are EEH that night at MK. Are we able to participate since we will be checking out of a deluxe that day?

If we are not eligible for EEH (we are staying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness), will we still be able to shop/eat during the EEH times?

Usually the Emporium is open for one hour after the Magic Kingdom closes, and Casey's Corner is open for half an hour later, but on EEH dates, it looks like these officially close at park close time, but are then open for EEH. We usually like to get a Casey's Corner order during that half hour after MK officially closes, then pick up any last minute items at the Emporium after that. Can we still do that during that time or would we not be allowed due to EEH?

If we are not eligible for EEH (we are staying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness), will we still be able to shop/eat during the EEH times?

Usually the Emporium is open for one hour after the Magic Kingdom closes, and Casey's Corner is open for half an hour later, but on EEH dates, it looks like these officially close at park close time, but are then open for EEH. We usually like to get a Casey's Corner order during that half hour after MK officially closes, then pick up any last minute items at the Emporium after that. Can we still do that during that time or would we not be allowed due to EEH?
We just got back and did EEH at Epcot and MK and from what I saw yes, you can stay for the traditional hour post close, but you can not ride any rides. They scan your park ticket at rides to confirm eligibility, and in World Showcase there were cast members stationed to check bands so if Epcot is in your plans I wouldn’t count on getting people free night pics or a stroll on world showcase if that’s your thing.

There is very limited food available regardless of eligibility (all festival booths, table service and most QS was shut down at park close, with only a couple still open) so plan accordingly. I saw the QS Mexican place in Epcot and (good for you) Casey’s open during EEH, so your plan should still work!

We’ve done the 6pm VQ tied to EEH on a few different trips now. You needed either a park reservation for that specific park OR hopping privilege. Not sure how this changes now that park reservations have been lifted. I’d think as long as your account has an applicable park ticket tied to deluxe reservation it should allow? Just not 100% sure.

I see EE hours for Epcot and MK for the last two weeks of March but none for HS or AK. Is it possible that they will add them at some point?

I’m heading down next month for a 3 night solo trip. I currently have an AH ticket for DHS but its the same night as the EEH for MK. Am I crazy for trying the first part of EEH at MK and then heading over to DHS from 11-1230a? I know I wouldn’t be getting my full money worth of the AH ticket but I’d like to be take advantage of a slower MK since its a short trip.

I’m switching from Saratoga to the Cabins at Fort Wilderness on the day of MK EEH. I know switching resorts doesn’t stop me from going. The EEH run from 11p-1a that night though. I’m wondering if I will run into any issues scanning into rides past midnight? Does anyone have experience with this?

I’m switching from Saratoga to the Cabins at Fort Wilderness on the day of MK EEH. I know switching resorts doesn’t stop me from going. The EEH run from 11p-1a that night though. I’m wondering if I will run into any issues scanning into rides past midnight? Does anyone have experience with this?
I did just this past week! EEH was on checkout day. It was fine. I will say that after midnight every time we scanned in they asked where we were staying so I think there was a switch in the system at midnight. But before then we scanned in with no issues and were able to get the TRON VQ at 6:00 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter