Extended Evening Hours

I am so torn with whether I should change my Epcot day to the day with extended evening hours or add PH to my ticket for that day! I have my Epcot day after my Christmas party night because I'll be up late and even with the 30 min early entrance, I can sleep in to head to Epcot the next day.

But it seems the two hours for just Deluxe resort guests would be a primetime to get around the parks easily! I'm just not sure PH'ing for just those 2 hours is worth it given my park schedule currently isn't too rushed (one full day at each park, as needed, and the Christmas party one night).
I'm in a similar boat, where in I switched hotels to the Dolphin from POFQ next month so I'm now eligible for EE. I have dining reservations set for that Monday (will be gone for the Wednesday EE). I'm thinking of just keeping my current park passes, and if I feel like it upgrade at the park to PH. I'm kind of looking at the EE as an $85 EPCOT after hours event if we do it. It will make my EPCOT day the next day much more relaxed, with no need to do rides.

I'm in a similar boat, where in I switched hotels to the Dolphin from POFQ next month so I'm now eligible for EE. I have dining reservations set for that Monday (will be gone for the Wednesday EE). I'm thinking of just keeping my current park passes, and if I feel like it upgrade at the park to PH. I'm kind of looking at the EE as an $85 EPCOT after hours event if we do it. It will make my EPCOT day the next day much more relaxed, with no need to do rides.

That's a good way to look at it, except it doesn't look like Remy's is included in the EEs. If it were that would definitely make the Epcot day more relaxing!

What are everyone's expectations for EEH going forward? Will it stay just MK & Epcot once each week? Or is the expectation that it will eventually expand to DHS and AK as well, and maybe add second days each week for MK and Epcot?

I sure hope it stays that way, it's exactly what I was hoping limiting access would do. It's a great way to get some of the IA$'s in that will be open and to get to ride things multiple times. If I wasn't already a dedicated on site guest, the emh's would make me one.

I’m a pretty dedicated onsite guest, but it’s NOT enough to get me to book deluxe at rack rate. I book moderates much of the time, or sometimes the All-stars, but never deluxe without a huge discount.

All - anyone know how they are going to keep track if we are staying at a Deluxe hotel and qualify for Extended Evening Hours? Just wondering if we need to pick up a wrist band after we go into the park or something like that at our hotel?
If you don’t have MBs, they can scan your room key.

I’m a pretty dedicated onsite guest, but it’s NOT enough to get me to book deluxe at rack rate. I book moderates much of the time, or sometimes the All-stars, but never deluxe without a huge discount.

We usually stay Deluxe or DVC so we don't have to make that choice cost wise. We are used to getting significant discounts as well. I'm hoping after the first of the year, we'll see more discounts return.

Last edited:
We got the Swan with AP discount. We also do DVC rentals to save. It's harder to get deluxe discounts right now.

Does anyone know about transportation after the extended hours? For the Epcot extended hours how would I get back to poly?
Disney will have buses ready to take people back to the Disney resorts. They won't leave you stranded, especially after a relatively big event like EH. Sometimes the buses may travel to several resorts, e.g. you may be on a bus going to all three of the monorail resorts, but they will get you to Poly. They may have the monorail running, but I'm not sure of that.

Has anyone experienced this yet? The website says Ratatouille and people mover aren't open during this time, is that true? How are the crowds? Sorry if this is a repeat....

Has anyone experienced this yet? The website says Ratatouille and people mover aren't open during this time, is that true? How are the crowds? Sorry if this is a repeat....
I came here looking for reports, there is one thread with a link to a video of MK last week. It looks amazing!

Any word on if/when this will extend to HS? Not sure if they will for AK since they always seem to close earlier...

Your thread has been merged with an existing After Hours thread where people are sharing their experiences. Lots of great information here!

I'd highly recommend getting PH if you're staying at the Dolphin anyway. So easy to just pop into Epcot in the evenings.

So bad timing I guess, we booked deluxe at BWI and are eligible for EEH but........ we fly in on Thursday and out on Monday so we wont get to enjoy any!!! Anyone know if they would add more nights? I would love to experience this!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter